Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He will make a premier league appearance this season if he avoids injury
Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.

You’d only be delighted if Parrott was to flop. 

Must be tough for the Nordies seeing the wealth of prospects coming through our underage teams at the moment. 

Doesn’t look like you lads have any players coming through at all. 
Jaysus that's petty
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:06pm

Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.

Wow.

So I would be "delighted if Parrott was to flop" [sic] would I?

You only needed to scroll up a few posts to see what I actually believe, namely: "...let's hope he's not 'The Next Marcus Edwards'"

But it's not really about me, is it?

For basically you're accusing me of prejudice, solely on the basis that I'm from NI.

Which is itself the very definition of prejudice and says rather more about you than me.

And I've got further news for you: I'm also a Spurs fan, so would be delighted if he turned out to be 'The Next Robbie Keane' and scored 100+ goals for us.

Just like eg my NI friends who are also Man U fans supported another Keane all the way whilst he was in their colours.

Must be tough for the Nordies seeing the wealth of prospects coming through our underage teams at the moment. 

This NI fan is entirely happy with his team, just like the rest of the GAWA.

And that last comment only further underlines your ignorance.

I've had to have a words with Terri previously for a bit of trolling on his part, but I fully agree with him here. Mactacca you have previous form for this sh*te talk - move on
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Possibly, possibly not.

Jaysus that's petty

+1 LOL

Macca getting way ahead of himself. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:10pm
Ah come on Macca, no supporter, regardless of where there from would want to see an academy player flop in the first team LOL 

Terri is being realistic. While it's great to see Parrott see first team action after such a short time at the club, look how many strikers have seen minimal game time due to Kane (as Terri has outlined).
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ah come on Macca, no supporter, regardless of where there from would want to see an academy player flop in the first team LOL 

Terri is being realistic. While it's great to see Parrott see first team action after such a short time at the club, look how many strikers have seen minimal game time due to Kane (as Terri has outlined).

Personally not interested in any of Northern Ireland’s youth prospects who don’t want to play for Ireland.

I certainly wouldn’t be on OurWeeCountry making comments pretending that I hope they do well in the future.

Won’t be a popular opinion on here as you’re not really allowed to say anything negative or semi-negative about the North these days. 

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:22pm
I think Terri provides a valuable contribution to the forum and I'm interested in his thoughts on Troy Parrott, given that he is a Spurs fan.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:37pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Personally not interested in any of Northern Ireland’s youth prospects who don’t want to play for Ireland.

I certainly wouldn’t be on OurWeeCountry making comments pretending that I hope they do well in the future.

Won’t be a popular opinion on here as you’re not really allowed to say anything negative or semi-negative about the North these days. 

You brought it in without any prompting. Terri gave his opinion as a Spurs fan and you turned into a dig at the North for some bizarre reason 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:40pm
You don’t want to antagonise Terri.
He’ll batter ya with his essay long paragraphs.

And he’ll argue with you for days to the point he ends up arguing with himself. Its an instant loss.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:23pm
Troy Parrot probably get his chance in league cup,  if he grabs his chance he might get few cameo apps in league. If he proves himself capable of stepping up then Poch will trust him to lead the line if needed. If he doesnt take his chances then like Edwards he wont be seen again for a while. How versatile is Parrot, know he can drop deep like Kane, but if he can play across the forward line like Son and Moura he might see more mins.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Troy Parrot probably get his chance in league cup,  if he grabs his chance he might get few cameo apps in league. If he proves himself capable of stepping up then Poch will trust him to lead the line if needed. If he doesnt take his chances then like Edwards he wont be seen again for a while. How versatile is Parrot, know he can drop deep like Kane, but if he can play across the forward line like Son and Moura he might see more mins.

I think he is quite versatile from what I've seen of him in the Irish underage teams.  Was a little surprised to see him leading the line yesterday, as I would generally see him as a player that drops deeper or does damage cutting in from the flanks.  He's progressed physically over the last year since he played at the U17 Euros and he clearly has the pace and mobility to implement a pressing game, which Poch will hopefully value.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:41pm
I've a genuine question. Is Terri a Northern Ireland and Republic fan? 

Why would say someone from Dublin comment on a Northern Irish forum, seems bizarre to me
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:57pm
He likes to track every reference to NI on the forum, and the occasional non-NI related threads as well for whatever reason.
We're decent enough..
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I've a genuine question. Is Terri a Northern Ireland and Republic fan? 

Why would say someone from Dublin comment on a Northern Irish forum, seems bizarre to me

Plenty have tried that, but the mods on the OurWeeCountry forum wouldn't be the most enlightened and certainly not open to opinions that might differ from their own!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:02pm
plenty on here were and still post occasionally on TAMB. Funny enough the Scots on here get no gyp like poor Terri. Now I don't really post on the ROW section too much because of all the oddballs on it but it's good to see tree likes of Terri posting on here to get a different perspective,  even if I don't always agree
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:29pm
Terri’s fine when he isn’t going for the world record for the longest forum post.

It’s not like he’s abusive and as TheBronze said the Scots don’t get sh*t thrown at them so why should he
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:34pm
I enjoy reading TAMB, Pie and Bovril and Welsh Apostle from time to time, but OWC requires you to register before it allows you read its content. I've tried on several occasions to create an account but every time my attempt to register is declined. My chosen email address/user name are entirely inoffensive but still, never any luck. I'm amazed anyone has ever been able to set up an account, ever. What's the secret? And why are they so paranoid?
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I enjoy reading TAMB, Pie and Bovril and Welsh Apostle from time to time, but OWC requires you to register before it allows you read its content. I've tried on several occasions to create an account but every time my attempt to register is declined. My chosen email address/user name are entirely inoffensive but still, never any luck. I'm amazed anyone has ever been able to set up an account, ever. What's the secret? And why are they so paranoid?

Out of curiosity, I once registered using a spin on one of their noxious chants as a username. Try that. Imagine their surprise when they had to ban me after one post. LOL Which, I might add, carried no offence except to reveal which team I supported. Looking around the place, it was astonishing how taken they were by us and how much 'the beggars' figured into even the most mundane of their musings.

IIRC, there were additional off limits areas, even for registered users. Because if bulletproof vests or keeping warm have taught us anything, layers are everything. And I doubt paranoia is any exception.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm
Well, when one of the main functions of the forum is to post vitriol about "themmuns" with impunity, it's little surprise they're so preoccupied with keeping outsiders to a minimum.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 251>
  Share Topic