Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 251>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
I see he spells “true” the same way that the writers behind the fanzine did LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

17 and got a half in a pre season jolly to Asia, calm down lads.

To be fair, I think everyone is being calm.

Parrot is developing very well and everyone seems to agree that if he sees some game time with Tottenham than maybe we should look at him in the senior team.

Where’s the drama exactly? 

People talking about him playing for Spurs this season, there's next to no chance of it. People talking of him taking Brady's spot for Ireland and clamouring to be in the senior squad.

Hudson Odoe hadnt played for Chelsea and was capped by England. The England team is arguably stronger than Chelsea as well. Spurs rate Parrott higher than we do now which is crazy 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I see he spells “true” the same way that the writers behind the fanzine did LOL
LOL
I think we may see him at some stages of the season 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Parrot is developing very well and everyone seems to agree that if he sees some game time with Tottenham than maybe we should look at him in the senior team.

People talking about him playing for Spurs this season, there's next to no chance of it. People talking of him taking Brady's spot for Ireland and clamouring to be in the senior squad.

Hudson Odoe hadnt played for Chelsea and was capped by England. The England team is arguably stronger than Chelsea as well. Spurs rate Parrott higher than we do now which is crazy 

Who's we? Amount calling for him to play for seniors despite never having seen him! 

Not saying he's not a serious talent, just that he's only a kid and we've seen what had happened when we've put hype on players before. 

Not one of the lads lately who has been hyped has kicked on, Byrne, Masterson just two of top of my head. Only a tiny percentage of lads that age go onto to play internationally for a prolonged period. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:21pm
Parrot for the Balon D'or. He is our new   MARTIN   PALERMO
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Could make quite a few appearances for Spurs this season.
Might get a few cup games, but it's hard to see him getting in ahead of (at least) one of Kane, Son and Moura for PL or CL games just yet.

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Poch sees him as a long term replacement for Kane if his development continues
True.

Only problem is, if Spurs start to win trophies, HK could conceivably spend the next five years+ at Spurs, if not his entire career.

Though should TP's career be blocked by Kane, maybe Poch might take him with him, if/when he (Poch) moves on?

Either way, let's hope he's not 'The Next Marcus Edwards':
"Mauricio Pochettino compared Edwards to Lionel Messi after catching the eye during pre-season in the summer of 2016, prompting the youngster to be given first-team squad number for the forthcoming season."

Edwards (20) was left out of the Spurs squad currently in the Far East, and is currently training with Brentford in the hope of getting a contract:

Edited by Territorial - 21 Jul 2019 at 6:55pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm
I think we could see Parrot being in match day squads, not starting though.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Who's we? Amount calling for him to play for seniors despite never having seen him! 

Not saying he's not a serious talent, just that he's only a kid and we've seen what had happened when we've put hype on players before. 

Not one of the lads lately who has been hyped has kicked on, Byrne, Masterson just two of top of my head. Only a tiny percentage of lads that age go onto to play internationally for a prolonged period. 

It is easy to get ahead of ourselves, but as Kenny said our underage setup should grow to fast track players good enough for senior football. The pragmatic selection approach of the last 3 managers for us hasn’t improved the quality of our football. I didn’t agree with Trap fast tracking Greg Cunningham, his career hasn’t amounted to much, but I wouldn’t begrudge Troy Parrott or Connolly being promoted on the evidence of what we’ve seen at underage level, Shane Long went two years without a premier league goal so if Parrott scores a couple this season it’s an improvement on what we’ve got
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
He will make a premier league appearance this season if he avoids injury
AKA pedantic kunt
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
Jim Beglin was capped by Ireland without having played for Liverpool
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:32am
Scouting report on Parrott's performance against Juventus here for anyone who's interested:  

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.

You’d only be delighted if Parrott was to flop. 

Must be tough for the Nordies seeing the wealth of prospects coming through our underage teams at the moment. 

Doesn’t look like you lads have any players coming through at all. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Possibly, possibly not.

Must be tough for the Nordies seeing the wealth of prospects coming through our underage teams at the moment. 

Could this be our golden generation? I honestly can't remember so many prospects coming through at the same time.

Surely 2 or hopefully 3 of Parrott, Connolly, Obafemi, Cassidy, Idah & Afolabi will come good as our future strikers Clap

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 22 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:45am
Nathan Collins will be full capped by 21.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:52am

Possibly, possibly not.

Wow.

So I would be "delighted if Parrott was to flop" [sic] would I?

You only needed to scroll up a few posts to see what I actually believe, namely: "...let's hope he's not 'The Next Marcus Edwards'"

But it's not really about me, is it?

For basically you're accusing me of prejudice, solely on the basis that I'm from NI.

Which is itself the very definition of prejudice and says rather more about you than me.

And I've got further news for you: I'm also a Spurs fan, so would be delighted if he turned out to be 'The Next Robbie Keane' and scored 100+ goals for us.

Just like eg my NI friends who are also Man U fans supported another Keane all the way whilst he was in their colours.

This NI fan is entirely happy with his team, just like the rest of the GAWA.

And that last comment only further underlines your ignorance.

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jul 2019 at 9:53am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:10am

Terry, would Poch consider sending Parrott out on loan in your opinion? What's the story with Kazaiah Sterling, would he be considered ahead of TP?
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Terry, would Poch consider sending Parrott out on loan in your opinion?
I get the impression that with the very best youngsters, Poch prefers to keep them at the club where he can work with them, rather than loan them out. Also, TP is still very young, so may not yet be up to playing, say, 30+ games with some Lge One or Lge Two team.

And Spurs are also low on homegrown players in their squad, another reason for keeping TP at WHL, I'd guess.

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What's the story with Kazaiah Sterling, would he be considered ahead of TP?
Not sure.

If my above speculation is correct, then KS may not be "training on" as originally hoped (he's 21 in November), hence the loan to Sunderland in January?

And unless he is injured, the fact KS wasn't included in the squad to Singapore doesn't look too good, either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 251>
  Share Topic