Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 251>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm
I don't think anyone is writing him off, but are looking for a prolific goal scorer, Parrot was one at under age level and at u21 but he's not living up that expectation playing senior football even at his tender age of 21.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 10:46pm
[QUOTE=horsebox]I don't think anyone is writing him off, but are looking for a prolific goal scorer, Parrot was one at under age level and at u21 but he's not living up that expectation playing senior football even at his tender age of 21.

Just turned 20 Smile
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

You can see the assist from parrott today and it was very good, beat a couple of men, used his strength and pace well, passed it square for the goal. 

His scoring contribution is low but his overall contribution has put MKDons up to third and in the playoffs. 

Hes been a very good finisher at underage level, you don't lose that but the step up is a big one.

Looking at our forward line.

Robinson  - struggling to get game time 

Idah - out for the season 

Connolly - finding his feet at Middlesbrough 

Keane - dropped from the first team today but is good for the goals scored this season 

Long - not really a forward looking option 

Difficult to see where our goals will come in the friendlies next month 

A 41 year old Robbie Keane is still better than that lot
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:17am

We're very limited the further up the field you go.

We've got two friendlies next month, I'd like to see Parrott, Connolly, Keane and Scully given a good amount of time on the pitch over the two games.

Idah is out and we know Robinson is a guaranteed first teamer that we're not going to learn anything new about.

Cant see Scully being anywhere near a call up, in fact I'd be very surprised if there was any new call ups bar maybe some like Connor Ronan or Mark Sykes for the midfield positions.

As you said its a good chance to give Parrott, Connolly and Keane minutes try them out in different combinations.

Id like to see Robinson and Keane together. Start one as the leading striker and one in behind then vice versa see how they get on.

Id really like to see Parrott given the 90 against Lithuania too, should be a decent test for him and give him a chance to build on his progress this season and maybe add to his goals tally from last summers friendly.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

We've got two friendlies next month, I'd like to see Parrott, Connolly, Keane and Scully given a good amount of time on the pitch over the two games.

Idah is out and we know Robinson is a guaranteed first teamer that we're not going to learn anything new about.

Cant see Scully being anywhere near a call up, in fact I'd be very surprised if there was any new call ups bar maybe some like Connor Ronan or Mark Sykes for the midfield positions.

As you said its a good chance to give Parrott, Connolly and Keane minutes try them out in different combinations.

Id like to see Robinson and Keane together. Start one as the leading striker and one in behind then vice versa see how they get on.

Id really like to see Parrott given the 90 against Lithuania too, should be a decent test for him and give him a chance to build on his progress this season and maybe add to his goals tally from last summers friendly.

Lithuania are at best League One quality - which currently represents Parrott's status. Put him in against Belgium for a realistic assessment.
PS: I know "the lad" is only 20 etc etc etc.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 11:35am
Football has been littered with examples of attacking players who as they learn their trade/craft add goals to thier game as they get older. You can look as close as MK Dons talisman Scott Twine for this lad was playing in the LOI at Parrotts age and scored 1 goal in 14 for them. 

He's getting gametime weekly in a side under pressure chasing promotion. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Football has been littered with examples of attacking players who as they learn their trade/craft add goals to thier game as they get older. You can look as close as MK Dons talisman Scott Twine for this lad was playing in the LOI at Parrotts age and scored 1 goal in 14 for them. 

Any Irish strikers among those who "littered" the scene and added goals at Championship or EPL level? There's Scott Hogan and James Collins, of course, who are often rubbished here. Any others, apart from 25% Irishman Harry Kane? 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Any Irish strikers among those who "littered" the scene and added goals at Championship or EPL level? There's Scott Hogan and James Collins, of course, who are often rubbished here. Any others, apart from 25% Irishman Harry Kane? 

Collins can't get into the Cardiff squad at the moment and his goalscoring record is poor at Championship level. Being taken off penalty taking duties at Cardiff has exposed that quite a bit. At international level he hasn't looked like a good finisher, nor has he looked like someone who can adequately hold the ball up. Despite his girth, he gets bullied out of it by international standard defenders.

Hogan scores respectably in patches but he's been given seven or eight chances at international level and he's visibly struggled with the step up and offers little else when he's not scoring goals, and we don't have the players or systems to lay them on a plate for him - assuming (big if) that he'll get into those goalscoring positions to begin with.

Collins, for all his faults, at least has the right body language when he plays. I get the impression that Hogan could take or leave playing for us and would be just as happy to rest up and be with his family on intl breaks.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:06pm
Look at MK fans forum, in Jan a few were happy if he was returned to Spurs. He’s defo been up & down for them and he’s on an up at the moment. Let’s see him close the season out like this before we talk of it being a successful season for him. Either way he’s getting plenty games now which is defo a positive…
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Look at MK fans forum, in Jan a few were happy if he was returned to Spurs. He’s defo been up & down for them and he’s on an up at the moment. Let’s see him close the season out like this before we talk of it being a successful season for him. Either way he’s getting plenty games now which is defo a positive…

It's as if fan-forums were populated by people who make knee-jerk decisions on players careers based on their last match.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

It's as if fan-forums were populated by people who make knee-jerk decisions on players careers based on their last match.

Like this fan forum. Nathan Collins is now "world class" after Burnley's win at Brighton. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 2:10pm

Long and Walters would be two off the top of my head. Go look up Walters goalscoring record in League 1 and 2 in his early 20s. Long was playing in the PL as a teen for Reading so that was tough on him but he didn't score much. I'd be here for a year giving you examples in general. It's generally what attackers do they improve learn their trade and tend get better and score more as they get older. 

Look I'm not saying where Parrott will won't end up. I do have time for him think I said on here I believe he will play top flight football down the line but intially will be a slow burner. If you look beyond the goals he's doing okay 6 assists I think this season is a pretty decent return and he's got 15 games or so yet to add to that and his goal tally.

I'd be happy for him if MK Dons didn't go up and he got a permanent move. Another season playing regularly in League 1 may benefit him more long term. O'Riley Watters Twine soon etc all recent examples of attacking players who enhanced their reputation playing for MK Dons and moved onto a bigger club/higher standard. A well run club who play good football. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Feb 2022 at 2:20pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Lithuania are at best League One quality - which currently represents Parrott's status. Put him in against Belgium for a realistic assessment.
PS: I know "the lad" is only 20 etc etc etc.

Exactly. So lets see how he does at that level, its a step up from playing Andorra last summer when he last got a reasonable run out and last scored for us!

Realistically whoever is playing up top against Belgium is likely to be very isolated and have very limited chances if any. So you wont get much of an assessment there.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 2:44pm

Long and Walters would be two off the top of my head. Go look up Walters goalscoring record in League 1 and 2 in his early 20s. Long was playing in the PL as a teen for Reading so that was tough on him but he didn't score much. I'd be here for a year giving you examples in general. It's generally what attackers do they improve learn their trade and tend get better and score more as they get older. 

Look I'm not saying where Parrott will won't end up. I do have time for him think I said on here I believe he will play top flight football down the line but intially will be a slow burner. If you look beyond the goals he's doing okay 6 assists I think this season is a pretty decent return and he's got 15 games or so yet to add to that and his goal tally.

I'd be happy for him if MK Dons didn't go up and he got a permanent move. Another season playing regularly in League 1 may benefit him more long term. O'Riley Watters Twine soon etc all recent examples of attacking players who enhanced their reputation playing for MK Dons and moved onto a bigger club/higher standard. A well run club who play good football. 

Thanks for the reply Kevin, but I'd suggest football is substantially more littered with young forwards who didn't score more goals - and not only didn't rise above lower league status but disappeared off the radar. I hope your optimism for Parrott is rewarded. I also think he's got better this season - better at being a League One player. 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 2:56pm

Thanks for the reply Kevin, but I'd suggest football is substantially more littered with young forwards who didn't score more goals - and not only didn't rise above lower league status but disappeared off the radar. I hope your optimism for Parrott is rewarded. I also think he's got better this season - better at being a League One player. 
Mr Brick , your mind numbing negativity is boring .. You’re  sniping at guys on other posts here  today when there was a mention of Nathan Collins as possibly been world class . What’s the point in been a fan if you can’t have hope. By the way everything I’ve seen of Collins points to him having all the attributes to be an absolutely top top player. He played against the “world class”  Man City early in the season and against all that quality he was absolutely immense 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Mr Brick , your mind numbing negativity is boring .. You’re  sniping at guys on other posts here  today when there was a mention of Nathan Collins as possibly been world class . What’s the point in been a fan if you can’t have hope. By the way everything I’ve seen of Collins points to him having all the attributes to be an absolutely top top player. He played against the “world class”  Man City early in the season and against all that quality he was absolutely immense 

Stop dribbling for chrissakes. I'm also hopeful Nathan Collins becomes world class. And I'm hoping every Irish player above AUL becomes "absolutely immense". Optimism is one thing, nonsense is another. Calling Collins or anyone else world class after a few games is nonsense. 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Stop dribbling for chrissakes. I'm also hopeful Nathan Collins becomes world class. And I'm hoping every Irish player above AUL becomes "absolutely immense". Optimism is one thing, nonsense is another. Calling Collins or anyone else world class after a few games is nonsense. 
I’m not talking nonsense though . Your just a loud mouth 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 4:45pm
Got an assist assist assist today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 251>
  Share Topic