You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 6:55pm
Spurs are keeping him on the books because hes under contract. They'll reluctantly keep paying a chunk of his wages when hes playing in league 1 next season.

If he wasnt under contract, I'm sure they'd bin him.

This lad will be playing championship footbal regularlyl at best in the long term  (which isn't really a bad thing) - but realistically will be playing at a lower level 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Spurs are keeping him on the books because hes under contract. They'll reluctantly keep paying a chunk of his wages when hes playing in league 1 next season.

This lad will be playing championship footbal regularlyl at best in the long term  (which isn't really a bad thing) - but realistically will be playing at a lower level 

He has no chance of playing for Spurs regularly long term. He most certainly has the potential to play top flight football down the line. Will he is another question of course but I wouldn’t say it’s most likely he will be a League 1/Championship player at best. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

He has no chance of playing for Spurs regularly long term. He most certainly has the potential to play top flight football down the line. Will he is another question of course but I wouldn’t say it’s most likely he will be a League 1/Championship player at best. 

Jez, you’re one miserable poster.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:26pm
76 mins gone and scarlett comes on ahead of him again. Easier for parrott to get into the senior ireland team than it is in a pre season game with Tottenham missing a host of first team players and the only other forward on the bench is a kid just turned 17... who comes on ahead of him.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

76 mins gone and scarlett comes on ahead of him again. Easier for parrott to get into the senior ireland team than it is in a pre season game with Tottenham missing a host of first team players and the only other forward on the bench is a kid just turned 17... who comes on ahead of him.

Came on 5 mins later and was played more out wide right with Scarlett leading the line.

Didnt see much of the ball, fed one decent ball into the box but that was really it.

Noway hes getting a look in there this season.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:46pm

Neither Troy, Scarlett or the Tottenham team did anything in.the last 10 minutes. As a spurs supporter, they're heading for Arsenal levels of sh!tness for.the next few years.  
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:42pm
MK Dons are reported as trying to get Troy on loan for next season.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:55pm
League One f**king hell
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:08pm
In guessing he may not be the type of player we imagined him to be at this stage 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:15pm
Imagine turning down the chance to play in the top division (Eredivisie) in Holland and European football (albeit the Conference League) for the 3rd tier of English football. Ermm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Imagine turning down the chance to play in the top division (Eredivisie) in Holland and European football (albeit the Conference League) for the 3rd tier of English football. Ermm
Who is advising this kid? What is the point going to play at MK Dons? All he's going to get from going there is a sore neck from having to look up at the ball in the air all the time. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
He still needs to prove himself before a championship level club will take a gamble on him.

He played 30 odd games last season and scored a couple of goals, he was dropped for a chunk of the season too.

Millwall decided he didn't have a place in a championship team yet.

He is still just potential, he needs to do more to earn his place.

League1 club will still be a good shout for him.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some real talent there but it hasn't been realised 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

We don't know what the reasons are. It could have been the club that turned it down. Sure anyway, it's only been reported on one website hasn't it. The whole thing may be rubbish.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:22pm
Has there been a source for the story linking him abroad?? 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:26pm
There was so little talk of the Feyenoord move that I doubt there was any truth to it, as far as I can see only one or two sources on twitter mentioned it. Don't know much about MK Dons or how they play but if he can get a full season of games under his belt and hopefully start scoring a few goals then next season he will be in a position to step up a level. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:32pm
I have huge respect for young lads who choose to cut their teeth abroad. It requires adapting to a new culture, a new language, and living away from home. There was a lecturer I knew who used say that people who did a year abroad during their degree inevitably increased their final grade, and that it was something that stuck with me. I also believe that the there is a plethora of young players who are now going abroad in a sign of ambition.

As has been said, a lot of this is speculation, and it could all be paper talk. But in the hypothetical, if a move abroad is turned down and it results in a player playing their trade in the deplorably poor, third tier of English football, well, I think it would be a poor choice.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:34pm
If its League 1 then a target of 10 goals should be his goal. anything above that would be a bonus. all dependant on his gametime i suppose.
I love beer gardens
Dragon_Khan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon_Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Neither Troy, Scarlett or the Tottenham team did anything in.the last 10 minutes. As a spurs supporter, they're heading for Arsenal levels of sh!tness for.the next few years.  

Really? You got that from the friendly?

I must have been watching different pre season friendlies to you. I am very encouraged for the coming season under Nuno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 251>
  Share Topic