You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Watched another ipswich game and of course followed Parrott, he played 87 mins and played more an attacking midfield role than a forward.

Pros - always wanted the ball, seems to be a 90min player, some nice touches, one of the teams better players without being great. 

Cons - never a goal threat, sloppy in parts but the pitch was horrible so everyone was sloppy. Ipswich play a fair few high balls and he never looks like winning them. 

I'm not going to rule out a teenager at the start of his career, yes he hasn't scored in 20 odd games but he's only played 20 odd games in his career and he's playing some promising stuff. 

Confidence in front of goal might start impacting him. 

I won't be watching another ipswich game

They replaced Lambert with Paul Cook today, could be good news for Parrot ...he certainly plays the game the right way.....did an excellent job with Wigan
Sponsored Links

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Give the lad a chance , he's only 19. The most important thing is he gets games and experience playing mens football 

That’s all well and good - and let’s remember he still is young - but it’s looking like that he’s not going to be the reliant goal scorer he was tipped to be. I hope I’m wrong as we badly need a goal scorer. 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:13pm
You could be right but this is his first season out on loan . Championship and League 1 are tough leagues to play . Let him keep getting games and the goals will come . As someone said he seems to be playing in behind Norwood so it's not all about goals. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:07pm
Few highlights from parrott and tonight's game for what it's worth 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:23pm
Troy Parrott 

The Tottenham loanee is proving himself to be a workhorse with plenty of quality. He battled tirelessly throughout this game with having too many sights of goal, though he did win the penalty ultimately missed by Norwood. He’s an asset to this team. 8

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/accrington-stanley-1-2-ipswich-town-player-ratings-7801806

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 1:10am
Whatever about his performances, he is starting to look fit. He has done ok as a sort of modern 10 from watching that video at least. WOuld be great to see him finish the season strong
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:54am
Milwall should be a good lesson for him. There’s a bit of positivity around Ipswich now that the takeover is almost done, new manager with fresh ideas and they’re in with a shout for promotion via playoffs. So the loan moves despite no getting a goal yet have to be considered positive.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:57am

He’s an 18 year old playing regularly in L1 and doing reasonably well it seems. He’s gaining sharpness and experience. If he can stay in the team and continue to build momentum then that will be good progress 
El Puto Amo
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:04am

Looks very impressive as a number 10 in those highlights. Very good close control and looked quick with a few nice passes. I would take him in that position, Ireland are crying out for a 10 nearly as much as a 9.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:36am
Hes being played in a similar role to Fernandes at man utd, of course I'm not trying to compare him with Fernandes as he's world class, just the position.

Parrott sees a lot of the ball in games, in all areas of the pitch. Fernandes doesn't see many goalscoring opportunities at man utd and parrott isn't going to see many either.

All in all he's playing regularly in a pivotal position at Ipswich. He hasn't set the world on fire but he's been good in the position.

musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:45am
Yes, he's looking sharp and he was half a second away from his first goal before he was hacked down.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:54am

I can't believe that I'm not only sad enough to watch those vids but I actually enjoy them too. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:58am

Hes being played in a similar role to Fernandes at man utd, of course I'm not trying to compare him with Fernandes as he's world class, just the position.

Hopefully Parrott does perform against the bigger teams.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I can't believe that I'm not only sad enough to watch those vids but I actually enjoy them too. 

He looks strong and agile. 

Some really nice touches and has a good burst of pace on him.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:58am
A couple of encouraging things there: one being his ability to shield the ball and use his body. He looks much stronger and up for the battle physically. Nearly all of those highlights occur in close quarters with defenders and midfielders closing him down quickly. Almost all of our strikers (Connolly, Idah, Robinson) do their best work on the break with lots of space between them and the goal. Parrott can bring something else to the table.

I also think his decision making is very good. I’d like to see an all-touch video, because he’s very good at choosing the right out ball in these highlights.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:20am
Would you think it is better to keep him with the under 21s for a couple of years or still have him in and around the first team squad at international level  ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:21am
So far so good on this loan to Ipswich to my eyes.
Looked like scoring on at least two occasions in the games I saw and his play as a #10 is good for a teenager new to the team.

Comparing to our other young L1 loanees, we have Scully doing very well and Cassidy nowhere to be seen (was mostly being sprung from the bench until a thigh injury sidelined him in January).

With Idah getting a goal this weekend there is slight cause for not being completely depressed...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Would you think it is better to keep him with the under 21s for a couple of years or still have him in and around the first team squad at international level  ?

At another time in our history, you might advocate keeping him at u21 level. However, we have been playing Hendrick in the #10 role for the senior side and we've seen how that has worked out. So why not try Parrott or someone/ anyone else?
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 251>
  Share Topic