You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Parrott, idah, odowda, obafemi, maguire all in the last squad and have all struggled badly to the point its difficult to justify inclusion for the march squad 

Couple that with mcgoldrick retired and Connolly injury prone.

Shane Long might be good option to get back into the squad. 

And it’ll be Kenny taking it in the hoop when we struggle in March. We simply have the worst squad in 40 years. This is a work in progress and a slow one at that
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:36am
Jesus the negativity in here and around other young lads is astounding. Most lads are not ready for senior football at 17/18. O' Shea is 21 and is a genius now until he makes one mistake , he was playing for like Hereford and Exeter not long ago. Parrott and Idah ae finished at 18!!. People need to get a grip. these lads have 3-4 years yet to make their mark and there will be plenty of ups and downs. How many players are world class at 18 or 19 besides Messi? 00000000000000000000000
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:16am
O'Shea has been dropped and WB have shipped 28 goals since Sam took over. Doesn't look anything special to me but the folks on here seem to know better.
Would you blame the negativity? Not one Irish player doing it at the moment. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

O'Shea has been dropped and WB have shipped 28 goals since Sam took over. Doesn't look anything special to me but the folks on here seem to know better.

I think part of the problem here is supporters having unrealistic expectations for what players should be achieving at their ages.

Dara O'Shea actually has the most appearances of any centre back age 21 or under this season in the Premier League. There are some great young centre backs in the league but none of them have played as many games this season as O'Shea has. 

That's an incredible achievement for a lad that was playing non league a few years ago and in League 2 the season before last. But still the comments are "dropped", "nothing special", "not doing it" etc. 

What do people expect from him? It's delusional stuff.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm
Fofana,Garcia,Ampadu,Williams the 4 other CBs younger than 21 who have played for PL clubs this year?? It’s not a large list like.

Fofana the only one to have played regularly or close to first choice 21 games. A 35m pound signing. 

That’s the context your dealing with. Ampadu the only other one to have played close to 20 games for a PL club. Dara had played 20/21 too I’m sure. 

That’s not me saying he will go onto be top class. To say he’s a bit meh like implied above is absolutely hilarious. 

In truth if you’d have said Doherty would have been the next Irish player to sign for a bigger club 4 years ago you’d have been laughed at. Who would have thought that then. 

Who knows where they will end up. Some of the comments at Parrotts expense on here is a bit ott for all he hasn’t lived up to his sky high reputation this year.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Fofana,Garcia,Ampadu,Williams the 4 other CBs younger than 21 who have played for PL clubs this year?? It’s not a large list like.

Fofana the only one to have played regularly or close to first choice 21 games. A 35m pound signing. 

Yes. Maybe one or two others making token appearances as well here and there. But O'Shea has played more Premier League games this season than any of them.

Fofana and Ampadu the only two anywhere close to him I think. Ampadu jumps about between a few positions I think to get his games, Fofana cost £35 million.

Edited by You Tell Me - 10 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think part of the problem here is supporters having unrealistic expectations for what players should be achieving at their ages.

Dara O'Shea actually has the most appearances of any centre back age 21 or under this season in the Premier League. There are some great young centre backs in the league but none of them have played as many games this season as O'Shea has. 

That's an incredible achievement for a lad that was playing non league a few years ago and in League 2 the season before last. But still the comments are "dropped", "nothing special", "not doing it" etc. 

What do people expect from him? It's delusional stuff.

And O'Shea is central to the worse defensive in the league too, and now he's been dropped.

He'll be playing in the Championship next year too.

The most important thing for these young players is if they are actually playing games, learning their trade etc..

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:44pm
Parrott is an excellent player and will come good. Once his confidence is back we will see the real player he is.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 4:21pm
He is a good player I have no doubt but he isn’t showing it so far in senior level football. Spurs will decide if that is acceptable or not, not us on YBIG. It is an unbelievably cut throat business even for 18 or 19 year olds trying to find their feet in senior level football. He is not an option really for Ireland until the Euro 2024 qualifiers start in 2023. People like me are interested to see him doing well because he was a very exciting player to watch playing underage for Ireland.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 4:32pm
Spurs fans have high hopes for him, and given that he’s 18 he’s got a lot of time to develop.

Somebody is keeping track of him - enough the pull up this highlight of his play for Ipswich the other night:

Nice cf play, in fairness, but not much in isolation 

Edit: adding an interesting account of Harry Kane’s path through various loan spells

Edited by DeclanDaly - 10 Feb 2021 at 4:37pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:11pm
19 now
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:48pm

He was on the bench for one match. He started every single league game since they lost to Crystal Palace two months ago on the 6th of December. Matheus Pereira was on the bench for the Spurs game too. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:26pm
Believe me it's a lot easier for an 18/19 year old then a 15/16 year old without family and loved ones. Only the mentally strong and totally goal driven survive.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

He was on the bench for one match. He started every single league game since they lost to Crystal Palace two months ago on the 6th of December. Matheus Pereira was on the bench for the Spurs game too. 
I went to check his stats thinking he’d must have been dropped 4-5 matches, nope just 1. This place doesn’t half hyperbolize every single thing. It’s crazy. Lad doesn’t start 1 game and apparently he’s been dropped. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:32pm
Troy's match called off today, frozen pitch. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:34pm

If you were a real grade A sh!t stirrer you should have said something like ... "Troy not playing today. Needs out of Ipswich"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:02pm

There'll still be 56 new posts on him by tonight though
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm
Ridiculous he was sent to Ipswich for game time Spurs should loan him to a team who plays in a better climate where games aren't called off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 251>
  Share Topic