You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:52pm
To be fair Scully has done more than Parrott and Idah in terms of playing and goals. Parrott and idah are in a higher league however.

Connolly is first in terms of forwards, playing in the premier league regularly.

Second is maybe Robinson.

I guess we would look to play Brady in the third forward slot despite not really being a forward.

A forward wouldn't need to do much to get a forward place at this point. If Mipo gets a few games and a goal he would be a strong consideration to play in March.

Sponsored Links

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:53pm
Well it wasn't happening for him at Millwall so happy to see him drop down a level, hopefully he will get off the mark for them sooner rather than later. Agreed he should be back down with the 21s, probably no harm taking him out of the spotlight a little bit.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm
Yeah, only 18. I suppose everyone hoped he’d be cooking in March, but he’s got to have space to develop in his own time
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Joins Scully (doing very well) and Cassidy (not doing well) in L1.

One wonders if he gets a few goals, will he be in the senior squad in March and if so, why would he be in ahead of Scully?
I'm not advocating either of them get in.  Both U21s for me for now.

Ronan Curtis has gotten call up and game time from League 1. If Parrott bangs in some goals for next month and a half, I'm sure he'll be a cert for senior call up. 

Regarding Scully, logic would dictate that if Curtis or parrott was getting a call up then scully should too (if still scoring), but given Kenny's previous managerial history with Troy, this would give him the edge.

let's be honest, nobody's scoring goals for Ireland at the moment at club level, so anybody who's in any way in goal scoring form from league one up should be getting the call up.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:03pm
On the 5th anniversary of the Regancy as well....
It's not me it's you:-)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

On the 5th anniversary of the Regancy as well....

Your time was short and sweet! Good luck with the future.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:10pm
Ipswich are as negative as Millwall. He has dropped down a division for a team playing the same way.

Ipswich fans extremely negative about Lambert and his playstyle. 18th in goals scored for a team with the talent to be pushing for automatic promotion is a horrific return. They look shocking every week on EFL on Quest.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. A terrible move.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Ronan Curtis has gotten call up and game time from League 1.

Very true and it's an indication of how bereft we are of forward players when we're delving into L1 for someone to get us a goal.

In a year or two we could have Connolly, Idah, Odubeko and Parrott playing and scoring in the PL, with the likes of Curtis and Scully and Kayode in the Championship.
This is highly optimistic though and the near term looks bleak.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Ipswich are as negative as Millwall. He has dropped down a division for a team playing the same way.

Ipswich fans extremely negative about Lambert and his playstyle. 18th in goals scored for a team with the talent to be pushing for automatic promotion is a horrific return. They look shocking every week on EFL on Quest.

So what are your thoughts on the move E2016?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm

Check this out:

Subbed off all three attackers in the last game....issues there for sure.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

So what are your thoughts on the move E2016?

Seriously, whoever is advising the lad would want to piss off and get out of his life. I cannot understand this move whatsoever, especially in light of how the Milwall move went.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:25pm
The forward options are light enough for the next squad. Will be at least four or five selected and baring Connolly and Robinson, there’s not any that have to be in the team. Collins doing decent but he’s been fairly average for us so far. Every chance Parrott will be included regardless of club form like he was for Kennys first squad in September before missing that spell with injury then.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:32pm
Where would you see him go E2016? He needs to be playing and he struggled at Millwall. 

Ipswich are one of the biggest clubs at L1. I agree with what you're saying but Parrott needs to make it work. Dropping down a league is probably the kick up the bum he needs 
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:35pm
wasn't working out fair play to both parties for nipping it in the bud early.
He can work his way up from here hopefully
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:03pm
shows you the difference between shining at academy level and men’s football. Think he got a bit of a wake up call. Will do him no harm. He is miles away from being ready for international football, same with idah. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Where would you see him go E2016? He needs to be playing and he struggled at Millwall. 

Ipswich are one of the biggest clubs at L1. I agree with what you're saying but Parrott needs to make it work. Dropping down a league is probably the kick up the bum he needs 

QPR would have been a great move for him if they were ever interested. They try to play at least, but are struggling enough at the moment for Troy to get chances if he had gone there.

Irish fans probably know more than most this season about the impacts of a system on a players performances - Doherty at Tottenham looks a prime example of that. Troy trying to slot into teams that he is ill suited to is not what he needs at this stage in his career.

Edited by E2016 - 01 Feb 2021 at 4:14pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:28pm
I think this is a good move, but it will also probably provide an indication as to whether we have been anticipating too much from him. League 1 is different to the Championship, and simply by coming up against weaker defenders he should be able to fashion more chances, and hopefully score more goals. If it doesnt work out, while he gets a lot of game time, id be less likely to point to the system.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:22pm
Ipswich have four wins in fifteen games and were top briefly  ( I think ) then fell out of the automatic spots, then out of the playoffs and are now outside the top ten. So he'll probably play there but its not a good situation again same as Millwall wasn't. On the other hand they've a couple of games in hand and if he were to hit the winners in those and they move back into contention it could all look different. Big month ahead for him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 251>
  Share Topic