Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 251>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

You're right. Collins has scored 20 Championship goals over last season and the current one. That's a lot more than the rest put together. He's not great but, given our dire resources, he's good enough. 

I suspect its not a popular opinion here, but Collins is one of the few Irish strikers who makes a case for himself to be in the squad by actually scoring goals. Not a million miles from Kieffer Moore, who Wales have vested faith in, at a later age. Its fine to rely on potential, but if you have striker scoring regularly, they are making a case for themselves, and I will be open to ignoring the performances in Georgia and Switzerland as the system cut him adrift to a certain extent.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Take away the penalties and Collins has 10 goals in 60 Championship games, which translates exactly into 1 goal in every 6 games. Championship forwards with much better goalscoring records than that have failed to translate their form into PL or International football [Jordan Rhodes/Ross McCormack/Chris Martin et cetera]. Daryl Murphy didn't score goals at Intl level but he was a useful foil and knew how to use his relatively limited strengths to his example. I just don't see that with Collins. He struggles to get into games, and while he did get chances over the last two games, he was incredibly wasteful with them. I have faith in Kenny's judgement that he's just a stopgap measure.

Hate to say it, but even that is better than most of our current forward options, even ignoring the penalties, which I am not sure I'd be willing to do. In a tight game, I'd rather have a recognised penalty taker stepping up, in the event we win one.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:00pm
The sum of it all is that we need parrott to add goals to his overall play with milwall. His movement is great, his finishing is a strength. You cant say hes missed chances at Millwall as of yet. 

He hit the target twice yesterday at some awkward angles but they didn't trouble the keeper much.

At 18 and playing mens football I think he's further ahead of idah in terms of ability. I feel he'll get much better by the time he's 20. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:23pm
RIP Troy Parrott. Get out of that sh*tehouse ASAP
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:21pm
Taken off again after 60 min.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:12pm
Rowette will get the chop soon id say. No real quality in that squad. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm
Terrible team.
Is that ten now without a win?

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
one of the worst championship sides i have seen in a long while , as bad as us at the end of o neills management
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Terrible team.
Is that ten now without a win?

They missed out on the playoffs by virtue of 2 points last season. This is only their fifth loss of the season; draws have been their downfall.

Green tinted specs or not, it's 0 in 8 for Parrott and he's been given ample game time. It's still early days but you'd worry if he hasn't opened his account by the end of the year.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:57pm
Haven't won since Oct 28th and have scored just 4 goals in the last 8, so Troy is not the issue.
Not disputing his performances but the team can't create anything.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:18pm
Parrot and odowda drop to the bench today. Disappointing as I thought odowda was starting to find some form even though Brighton haven't.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:43pm
Id say O'Dowda is prob rotated. Troy will more than likely come on when Milwall are losing.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id say O'Dowda is prob rotated. Troy will more than likely come on when Milwall are losing.

Millwall two up now. Parrott still on the bench.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:38pm
Doesnt get a look in and millwall win a game with a couple of goals. Well there's always Saturday...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:34am
When he does score for Millwall i expect 80 pages on this thread .

Edited by Claret Murph - 16 Dec 2020 at 7:34am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

There’s already 109 pages.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Is there any possibility that TP is overrated  by some on this forum?

GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Is there any possibility that TP is overrated  by some on this forum?

I'm not sure if people are overrating him, how could they given he's 18 and hasn't played much football. But he is part of a big club and could turn out to be a half decent striker, have we any other prospects like him at the moment? 
Everyone gets excited about people like Troy because we've nothing to be excited about any more. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 251>
  Share Topic