You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Parrott has played in 3 games in his senior career that lasted more than a handfull of mins, in his most recent one for Millwall he played very well, and only just back from injury. Give the boy time. 

Nah I'm with TJ. If he hasn't won the Ballon D'Or by this time next week then hes finished. 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Parrott has played in 3 games in his senior career that lasted more than a handfull of mins, in his most recent one for Millwall he played very well, and only just back from injury. Give the boy time. 

Nah I'm with TJ. If he hasn't won the Ballon D'Or by this time next week then hes finished. 

I reckon TJ is hoping the boy fails, he has a miserable outlook on life.

Ps can’t wait for his witty response.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 27 Nov 2020 at 5:09pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:12pm
Players blossom at different times. 18 is a rarity, and only for the exceptions.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
Have said before and will say it again, we just haven't seen enough of Parrot playing at senior level whether it's in the EPL/Championship or international level to have an informed opinion of how he will do. 

The loan to Millwall is a good move so hopefully he'll feature a fair bit in the championship this season. We might have a clearer picture on how he's progressing by the time the world cup qualifiers begin in March. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

our youth set up is producing our best talent in years, abundance of good players emerging currently at many ages. not being as good as england who have freak generations coming through is hardly an indictment. expectations need to be realistic
Fed up with this. Wake me up when someone has emerged and is delivering. 

stay asleep, you seem a type who thinks a player is failed if it is not messi or ronaldo. more than a dozen have emerged in the last year at various levels and are doing well
And you're delusional if you believe Molumby, Knight, Cullen, Curtis, Byrne and Browne etc are about to morph into game changers as they succeed Hourihane, Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick. Up front, Idah looks average, Obafemi overrated and arrogant, Parrott - anyone's guess, and Connolly (when he manages to stay on his feet) good enough. Our best forward by a stretch, in my book, has been Wycombe  pine rider Daryl Horgan - and Kenny dragged him in both games. March can't come slow enough. 

Tbf who said they were going to be world beaters?? The point is these lads are all featuring/have featured for their clubs at the ages of 18-19-20 at a volume that we haven’t seen Irish lads do in years if at all. Obafemi overrated sums it up a just turned 20yo who clearly has shown temperament but also flashes of ability thst have clearly been showcased.

I remember in the 90s we had Mark Kennedy, Connolly, Keith O'Neill, Kenna, Babb all found it hard gong despite being hyped up

Making it has never been harder in England - th erise of the English League has seen our fortines demise, not a coincidence.

Learning European languages should really be drilled in to our younger players, I imagine the vast majority have no second language which really curtails a players perspective. Main reason putting off a move to the continent.

No doubt a few of these lads will end up being League 1 standard players also. I’m not saying they will all make it some will have injury problems some will have attitude problems some won’t live up to the hype some will fall out with a manager rightly or unfairly and will have to drop 2 divisions to get game time and won’t make it back up. 

The point you say about English football is correct which is why we need these lads going out on loan or out foreign. English football money is amok in it. Obafemi an example Southampton can afford to go out and bring in Walcott and even pay 60k of his 100k wages to be a squad option off the bench and start 15-20 games. 

If Obafemi was at Schalke or that sort of mid table German team or even those outside the top 3/4 he wouldn’t be replaced as they can’t afford to bring in a player like Walcott to sit on the bench hence youth development is in their interest. 
It’s nothing against Obafemi nothing about his ability just that they can bring in a better short term option now so they do it. 
Idah the same with Norwich Hugill brought in when if he was with a Top 6 Bundesliga 2nd division side or even a botttom half Dutch side let’s say they wouldn’t be able to bring in Hugill for 3m on 30k a week as their 2nd choice striker hence Idah would get the nod.
No good to Obafemi Idah Smallbone and all these lads mentioned as they are at the age they need to be playing 25-30-40 games regularly to play and improve especially at their age.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Normally I'd call this pure clickbait, but I actually think that Dane Scarlett's introduction last night may be more significant than some are saying:

Tim Sherwood has told the Kelly and Wrighty show that Jose Mourinho told Daniel Levy that Troy Parrott, Oliver Skipp and Kyle Walker-Peters are ‘not good enough’ for Tottenham.

Three of those players departed Spurs this summer, Walker-Peters was sold to Southampton, whilst the other two are on-loan in the Championship.

The loaned out duo, especially Parrott who is still a teenager, they still have a lot to prove and they will be hoping that their stints at Millwall and Norwich, respectively, will shape them to become regulars in the future.

But Sherwood thinks, Mourinho has said one thing in public about the Spurs players, but once the ink on his contract has dried, he has said the opposite to Levy.

“Jose Mourinho has gone in there, Troy Parrott’s not good enough, Walker-Peters is not good enough, Oliver Skipp,” said Sherwood. “Not only not good enough. He gets rid of them. He gets them away from the football club.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/tim-sherwood-claims-tottenham-boss-told-daniel-levy-3-players-not-good-enough/

Meanwhile, young Scarlett could have something about him - future Spurs captain?

https://httpwww.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/who-is-dane-scarlett-jose-mourinho-names-in-form-teenager-on-tottenham-bench/

Don’t think there’s anything significant in it whatsoever only that Parrot is only 18 not even last year when Mourinho came in and Skipp is 19 and in Mourinhos eyes they just aren’t ready not even a case of they not being talented players they are just not good enough/ready now. Mourinho never said Parrott wasn’t talented he clearly actually made it clear he thinks he’s a talented player just that he wasn’t ready to be thrown in at 17 and hinted he also needs to concentrate and not be distracted off the field it’s just the media made a big deal of it.  

If Mourinho came to Spurs when Kane was 18 you can be sure he’d have said the same about Kane he is not ready now. Kane went on loan also to learn his trade.

This craic of we can make a judgement on Parrott this year he’s not 19 until the spring I have no intention of making a judgement of him this year I would like to see him go out on loan for another 2 years after this at a club where he can get regular football 25-30-40 games under his belt and learn his trade and develop for Ireland’s sake and his. 

Walker Peters the final of those mentioned is an example stayed at Spurs until this year 22 without any consistent gametime and didn’t develop accordingly he’s flying at Southampton now looks a player and in 3/4 years time people could easily go that looks a mistake from Spurs now letting him go when reality is maybe if they’d have put him on loan for 3 years for gametime he’d have been further along in his development at 22/23 😂

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

So you’re saying he buys players he likes and sells players he doesn’t like...

Wow... you learn something new everyday 

In that case, you might learn to read properly sometime.

What I said was that JM has FAR more say over transfers than previous Spurs managers.

And that when it comes to signing/binning players, personality is AT LEAST as important as mere ability.

Which if Sherwood is correct, COULD mean Parrott being good enough may not be enough to save him at Spurs.

(I've CAPITALISED the key words to make it easier, since I fear you struggle with anything more than the simplest of concepts)

Not that Sherwood is wrong but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t think Parrott isn’t talented just he’s not ready now and it doesn’t mean Parrott can’t be sent out on loan for another 2/3/4 seasons after this and develop/get ready before he’s brought back in as more the finished article for Spurs. 
I have never got the impression Mourinho didn’t think he’s was talented he’s said he thinks he’s very talented if anything the fact he has gone out his way to mention his lack of focus off the field and make such a big deal of him last year shows he does like him I don’t remember him making a big deal of players he doesn’t rate if he didn’t rate them there’s nothing said they are just forgotten about.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm
A separate point the other night I found he’d to drop quite deep to link play/hold up the ball and he did it extremely well. While he won’t bang in goals doing that you see with strikers in the modern game how big an asset being able do that is that would be a huge education for him if he can do that successfully/improve at that doing that well against Championship defenders hel do able to hold the ball up and link play anywhere going forward.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I dont think you can say he doesnt "have anything about him". He is clearly very skillful and a super finisher. That is quite tangibly something.

i.e he scored lots of goals in junior football and underage level which doesn't really mean much and is not the litmus test that he will be a goalscorer at senior level.  If it did my Palmerstown Rangers top goalscorer 1991 would have got me a living playing professionally.

In order to forecast accurately, you look at previous results. Given his age, all we have to go on is his underage performances. Parrott has been superb up to this point. Let's see how he develops. 

I saw Robbie Keane and Duff play when they were 17 and 18 and you knew they were going to be good. They were producing the goods at senior level at that age for their clubs.  Duff I remember scored a wonder goal away to Sheffield Wednesday in 1998.  Keane was banging them in most weeks at Wolves. Michael Owen was scoring and looking the part at 17 in the 1st team at Liverpool.
If you are good enough you are old enough.  If Parrott doesn't break through this season in a reasonably big way then I wouldn't be having much hope for him.

I find people can be very into aftertiming as regards peddling the back in the day you knew they’d be good. Duff looking at his record played 2 season in the PL at 18/19 years of age 19/20 years of age in the 98/99 before dropping down to the Championship with Blackburn for 2 years. In that 98/99 season he started 18 games and came off the bench for 10 scored 1 goal with no assists hardly Mbappe stats now a winger 20 years ago is different to one today etc.

I can imagine some of the comments here if Connolly had to do that with Brighton this year drop to the Championship after playing 2 years for them in the PL let’s say would they have been saying the same thing about Duff back then?? I’d a fella go to me is it young?? after suggesting that Molumby is still young at just turning 21 on here the other day. 

Bare in mind nowadays it’s harder for young players to break through then it was 20 years ago. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:51pm
Molumby also had a year out with a serious knee injury at 18 when he was apearing on the Brighton bench in the Premier league.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I am delighted my posts seem to get under your skin.  I've some more lined up just for you xxx
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I am delighted my posts seem to get under your skin.  I've some more lined up just for you xxx

It’s the same old repetitive nonsense, we get it you don’t think he will amass to much.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:21pm
Repetitive nonsense. 

No.

An opinion you don't like because you are a naive child.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 9:16pm

Repetitive nonsense. 

No.

An opinion you don't like because you are a naive child.

You’ve repeated numerous times that you don’t rate him give the f**k over.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:48pm

I see TP bring a Teddy Sheringham type player but maybe not as good as Teddy. 
He doesn't have the pace to make it as a striker with a big club. That's my two cents. He could still be an important player for us but there are very few top tier strikers who aren't sharpish fast. No shame in being a good 10 at Championship level but I see that as the limit of his potential. 

Speed kills. 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 2:46am
some drop from being like teddy sheringham to be a championship playmaker? teddy had far less pace than troy and played at the elite level, like many others lacking pace such as bergkamp, cantona, gudjohnsen, van persie, mandzukic, kane, kuyt, and so on. if he is good enough he will play at the high level his potential suggests
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 5:47am

some drop from being like teddy sheringham to be a championship playmaker? teddy had far less pace than troy and played at the elite level, like many others lacking pace such as bergkamp, cantona, gudjohnsen, van persie, mandzukic, kane, kuyt, and so on. if he is good enough he will play at the high level his potential suggests

That wasn't my point. He reminds me of Teddy and could play the Teddy role albeit at a lower level. Teddy was a great player. Top drawer.

Becoming a good Championship player is not a failure. It will be OK. He is showing no signs of becoming a superstar though. If this crop of young players do similar they'll all be doing fine. 

There is no big rush from the big clubs to sign up any of our young crop though. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:41am
He has shown no signs he will be superstar ? My God this forum is a joke at times. Give thr lad a chance he hasnt played a full game of football yet at senior club level ffs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 251>
  Share Topic