You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 251>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:11pm
Wonder what Jose would have made of an 18 year old Harry Kane, if he had come into Spurs around that time.  Even Pocchetino needed a lot of convincing if i recall correctly.  Jose is right though, Parrott is probably not good enough to lead the line for Spurs at the moment, nothing to get too worked up about.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:20pm
I don't see Parrott even making it a decent level football club.  Just my opinion and could prove me wrong but don't see him making it. He will end up in League 1 or LOI is my prediction.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I don't see Parrott even making it a decent level football club.  Just my opinion and could prove me wrong but don't see him making it. He will end up in League 1 or LOI is my prediction.

Based on? 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Based on? 

Based on opinionConfused

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:42pm

Based on? 

Based on opinionConfused

Great stuff. So not based on having actually watching him play or taking feedback from professionally qualified people around him then. 

For the record, I don't necessarily completely disagree. It's really hard to pick lads who are going to make the step from hot prospect to star player. Recently we seem to have a lot of players who have been late developers and battled their way up through the levels. 

Parrott, based on what I have seen of him, looks to have the tools to break through. Hopefully he also gets the luck and possesses the resilience to actually make the jump. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:45pm
I've seen him play a few times. Didn't seem to have anything about him. 
Molumby I've seen play a good few times and he has something about him and will be a decent pro.  Can't say the same for Parrott.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:53pm

I dont think you can say he doesnt "have anything about him". He is clearly very skillful and a super finisher. That is quite tangibly something.
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:57pm

I dont think you can say he doesnt "have anything about him". He is clearly very skillful and a super finisher. That is quite tangibly something.

i.e he scored lots of goals in junior football and underage level which doesn't really mean much and is not the litmus test that he will be a goalscorer at senior level.  If it did my Palmerstown Rangers top goalscorer 1991 would have got me a living playing professionally.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:58pm
The chap is only 18 years of age.

His goal scoring record for under age is really good.

There is a great opportunity for him at Millwall, it might take him a while to get match fit and to adapt to the physical side of things and to the different style of play and formation, but it's still way too early to judge.

He'll need about 5/6 games to get up to speed.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

His goal scoring record for under age is really good.

There is a great opportunity for him at Millwall, it might take him a while to get match fit and to adapt to the physical side of things and to the different style of play and formation, but it's still way too early to judge.

He'll need about 5/6 games to get up to speed.

The man talks sense. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:05pm

i.e he scored lots of goals in junior football and underage level which doesn't really mean much and is not the litmus test that he will be a goalscorer at senior level.  If it did my Palmerstown Rangers top goalscorer 1991 would have got me a living playing professionally.

In order to forecast accurately, you look at previous results. Given his age, all we have to go on is his underage performances. Parrott has been superb up to this point. Let's see how he develops. 

El Puto Amo
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

So you’re saying he buys players he likes and sells players he doesn’t like...

Wow... you learn something new everyday 

In that case, you might learn to read properly sometime.

What I said was that JM has FAR more say over transfers than previous Spurs managers.

And that when it comes to signing/binning players, personality is AT LEAST as important as mere ability.

Which if Sherwood is correct, COULD mean Parrott being good enough may not be enough to save him at Spurs.

https://www.90min.com/posts/best-players-sold-by-jose-mourinho-kevin-de-bruyne

(I've CAPITALISED the key words to make it easier, since I fear you struggle with anything more than the simplest of concepts)

Edited by Territorial - 27 Nov 2020 at 4:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:17pm

In order to forecast accurately, you look at previous results. Given his age, all we have to go on is his underage performances. Parrott has been superb up to this point. Let's see how he develops. 

I saw Robbie Keane and Duff play when they were 17 and 18 and you knew they were going to be good. They were producing the goods at senior level at that age for their clubs.  Duff I remember scored a wonder goal away to Sheffield Wednesday in 1998.  Keane was banging them in most weeks at Wolves. Michael Owen was scoring and looking the part at 17 in the 1st team at Liverpool.
If you are good enough you are old enough.  If Parrott doesn't break through this season in a reasonably big way then I wouldn't be having much hope for him.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm

Very true.

In fact he's only a few months younger than Kevin De Bruyne, who was 19 when he had a loan spell at Bremen. At the end of it, De Bruyne was linked with a move to stay in Germany permanently, until incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho assured De Bruyne he was a part of Chelsea's plan for the future, and the player returned to Chelsea in July 2013.
In January 2014, Wolfsburg signed De Bruyne for a fee of £18 million, never to be heard of again.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:35pm

I saw Robbie Keane and Duff play when they were 17 and 18 and you knew they were going to be good. They were producing the goods at senior level at that age for their clubs.  Duff I remember scored a wonder goal away to Sheffield Wednesday in 1998.  Keane was banging them in most weeks at Wolves. Michael Owen was scoring and looking the part at 17 in the 1st team at Liverpool.
If you are good enough you are old enough.  If Parrott doesn't break through this season in a reasonably big way then I wouldn't be having much hope for him.

For every top class player who had their break through season at 17 there is one who had theirs at 20...  

Tbh I’ve been disappointed with his performances that I’ve seen as I was expecting more given his record at underage is so good.
But at 18 he has plenty of time to improve. 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:39pm
Sooooo we're all in agreement, parrott is potentially a good player but we won't know until he plays or doesn't play games...

Tragic thing is, he may not need to be that good to play as irelands main forward option. Mid table championship standard and hitting 8+ goals a season might do it.

Saying that, I disagree with some of the posts on here regarding the quality he has shown so far, he has a way of making things look easy, he's a very good finisher, his movement looks very good, ill stick my neck out and say he's going to be an excellent premier league forward 

Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Very true.

In fact he's only a few months younger than Kevin De Bruyne, who was 19 when he had a loan spell at Bremen. At the end of it, De Bruyne was linked with a move to stay in Germany permanently, until incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho assured De Bruyne he was a part of Chelsea's plan for the future, and the player returned to Chelsea in July 2013.
In January 2014, Wolfsburg signed De Bruyne for a fee of £18 million, never to be heard of again.

De Bruyne wasnt at Werder Bremen until he was 21. We've seen enough of JM to know he wont give Youth a chance unless he has no choice, afew token caps in the EL doesnt change that. I knew Parrott was in trouble once JM was named manager and sadly that's been proven.

Also in regards to TS saying he isnt good enough I think what he means is he isnt good enough RIGHT NOW, ie an 18 year old whos not played any real senior football yet, but that doesnt mean he wont be good enough next season or maybe the season after that.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:43pm
Parrott has played in 3 games in his senior career that lasted more than a handfull of mins, in his most recent one for Millwall he played very well, and only just back from injury. Give the boy time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 251>
  Share Topic