You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 250>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 4:54pm
Bazunu on the bench, All just ok, it has been a terrible game, very poor standard.  Long ball pumped forward and both teams given back possession really cheaply. To be honest I turned it off when parrot went off at around 70 minute. 

Edited by aviva8 - 05 Apr 2021 at 4:54pm
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm
Rochdale keep a clean sheet as soon as they drop Bazunu.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He deserved to be dropped after what he did against Portsmouth. I hope someone close to him has been in his ear telling him how arrogant and blasé it was. It was very disappointing and he needs to learn from it. May cost him his place for the rest of the season now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why doesn't EIRE produce strikers?

Keane, Quinn and Stapo over the last 40 yrs.  What a joke.

"Produce" LOLLOLLOL

Ireland don't produce top players. They just happen randomly due to the law of averages. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Watching the game here, it terrible stuff,  ispwich are really really poor and parrot is not good again. He not good enough lads, i watched him so much this season and he been poor to average nearly every game. He lost his place at millwall and the same is going to happen him with Ipswich.

I've watched him a good few times and I have to agree with you, not scoring is one thing but performances have been poor to ok 
He has shown some really good touches, control.and his passing is good too but not enough to keep him in a team.

Hes been fantastic for the Tottenham u23 and ireland u21 so it may be a case of him just not being ready for senior football yet and he's been thrown in too early.

He didn't actually play that much with Spurs under 23s though. Most of his goals were for the under 18s, which is a much lower standard.

According to transfermarkt he scored 18 in 17 games for the Spurs under 18s, 5 in 12 for the under 23s. 5 in 12 is reasonable but not spectacular, in hindsight the move to senior football came too soon.

Will be interesting to see if there are any takers for him on loan next season, might end up back playing under 23 football with Spurs for another year.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm

He didn't have one save to make, actually I don't think ispwich even got a shot towards the goal for the 70 minutes I watched it anyway
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He deserved to be dropped after what he did against Portsmouth. I hope someone close to him has been in his ear telling him how arrogant and blasé it was. It was very disappointing and he needs to learn from it. May cost him his place for the rest of the season now.
Portsmouth's first goal? Jesus I've seen worse from goalkeepers..
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:44pm

What kind of a post is this? Your negativity is like a stone. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm
Der Wunderkind on the bench again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Der Wunderkind on the bench again

Good to see Aaron Drinan starting all the same.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:47pm
[QUOTE=GaretFarellysNutSack]Der Wunderkind on the bench again[/QUOTE

I think there are quite a few wonderkids on the bench now including Bazunu, knight, molumby, shodipo, Travers, Watson, parrott and scully.

Also a few senior players including Shane Long, Horgan, browne and Duffy.

In fact, of the 6 premier league teams playing today there is zero irish representation starting or on the bench.

Pretty much all championship teams play today and the only Irish players starting that would be in the ireland squad include hourihane, manning, Christie and collins.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

[QUOTE=GaretFarellysNutSack]Der Wunderkind on the bench again[/QUOTE

I think there are quite a few wonderkids on the bench now including Bazunu, knight, molumby, shodipo, Travers, Watson, parrott and scully.

Also a few senior players including Shane Long, Horgan, browne and Duffy.

In fact, of the 6 premier league teams playing today there is zero irish representation starting or on the bench.

Pretty much all championship teams play today and the only Irish players starting that would be in the ireland squad include hourihane, manning, Christie and collins.

James McCarthy's fit again so might be in the squad later.

Knight's been a starter pretty much all season. I'd say he's just been rested due to exhaustion. Horgan and Browne have started the vast majority of their appearances this season. Watson has only just broken into the Derby squad, so his situation is not comparable to Molumby whose game time has diminished greatly this season.

It is worrying how little Irish presence there is in the top 2 divisions these days, though, no getting around it.

Even in League One, there seems to be less of us knocking about.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm
People need to cut Parrott a break. I watched a few Ipswich games this year, they are a poor team and they're not creating much in the way of chances for Parrott. He is always showing for the ball, producing lots of useful flicks and touches, problem is no one else is on his wave length and most of the play gets hoofed. It must be very demoralising for the lad with such a bad team.

Once this season ends, he can regroup and get back to Spurs for their pre season. He's probably not going to compete with Kane just yet, but he could still get 10-20 games a season at Spurs next year as they rotate and sustain injuries. Even if he doesn't get the chance, he also has the option of another loan period. Ideally he chooses a decent Dutch of Belgian team next time out.

I am still very confident Parrott is going to be a big player for us in the years to come. He might not break Keane's goal scoring record, but he's more naturally talented than the likes of a Long or Doyle, so I think 20+ goals is definitely in his range.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

People need to cut Parrott a break. I watched a few Ipswich games this year, they are a poor team and they're not creating much in the way of chances for Parrott. He is always showing for the ball, producing lots of useful flicks and touches, problem is no one else is on his wave length and most of the play gets hoofed. It must be very demoralising for the lad with such a bad team.

Once this season ends, he can regroup and get back to Spurs for their pre season. He's probably not going to compete with Kane just yet, but he could still get 10-20 games a season at Spurs next year as they rotate and sustain injuries. Even if he doesn't get the chance, he also has the option of another loan period. Ideally he chooses a decent Dutch of Belgian team next time out.

I am still very confident Parrott is going to be a big player for us in the years to come. He might not break Keane's goal scoring record, but he's more naturally talented than the likes of a Long or Doyle, so I think 20+ goals is definitely in his range.

Understatement of the year.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:37am

I can't see him getting that kind of run at Spurs next season. I do agree with your general point though, he is trying hard but the football doesn't suit him. In hindsight he went out on loan too soon, a full season at under 23 would maybe have been better for him, although none of us would have said that this time last year. He wasn't as ready for senior football as had been thought. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him going back and playing maybe half a season at under 23 at Spurs to get his confidence back, then if that goes well maybe another loan move next January.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Understatement of the year.
Won’t even compete with herbie Kane ffs
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

[QUOTE=Heimatklange]
I can't see him getting that kind of run at Spurs next season. I do agree with your general point though, he is trying hard but the football doesn't suit him. In hindsight he went out on loan too soon, a full season at under 23 would maybe have been better for him, although none of us would have said that this time last year. He wasn't as ready for senior football as had been thought. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him going back and playing maybe half a season at under 23 at Spurs to get his confidence back, then if that goes well maybe another loan move next January.

The season he has had will stand to him more than knocking in handy goals at u23 level. He has nothing but praise and glory up until now, it will help build character and work ethic in him if he takes it the right way. And that's not even taking into account the physical side of the game that he has to adapt to.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:37am
Hopefully, but it could destroy him as well. Whatever his level is at the moment it's clearly not Championship or League 1 unfortunately. If he goes straight back out on loan next season and fails again there will be tough questions asked about his career. I'd definitely like to see him rebuild his confidence away from the limelight back in PL2 before he goes out on loan again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 250>
  Share Topic