FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 252>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a toy parrott, that just repeatedly says 'why isn't he in our squad'

Image result for monty python dead parrot toy

'HE's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! HE's expired and gone to meet his maker! HE's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! HIs metabolic processes are now history! HE's off the twig! HE's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The path for youth footballers shouldn't be a cut and paste. You'd trust Poch to know enough about Troy to decide where he's at.

Age should never be the ultimate barometer for a players capabilities. While players as young as Troy coming to the fore ala Rooney, etc is rare, that doesn't mean he's not the next teenage sensation. 

Stifling him now, and not giving him the game time he's more than capable of, could actually have an adverse effect. For all we know there's a momentum with Troy that needs to continue in order for Troy Parrott to become the Troy Parrott.

Don't disagree with any of that.

But re your bold, I'd have thought a loan out to, say, a Lge One club where he'd get plenty of game time week-in, week-out, would be less "stifling" than sitting on the bench at Spurs, hoping for a few minutes at the end of the odd cup game?

If he's the real deal we all think/hope he is, then surely he's ready to play senior, competitive football against seasoned pro's etc, until he's ready to challenge for a start at Spurs (not even close just now)?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:46pm
Does anyone know where I can get a toy parrott, that just repeatedly says 'why isn't he in our squad'
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Troy has been given the number 18 jersey for the upcoming season with Spurs 

Anything official that says he was given the number 18 jersey because Lo Celso is listed as number 18.

Nope - listed as under 18 player 

On the new fella:

"The attacking midfielder will wear the number 18 shirt this season"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 5:40am
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Anything official that says he was given the number 18 jersey because Lo Celso is listed as number 18.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:53am
No 18 good sign . I reckon he will see game time, looks ready in fairness.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Panic averted lads he's on LOL

unfortunately he will be about as useless a purchase on fantasy football as a defensive midfielder is.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 3:00pm

Panic averted lads he's on LOL
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

I think you need to tailor the approach on a player by player basis.

Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney jumped into first team football at the highest level very early.

Vardy needed to progress up the leagues.

Troy looks like he might take to the premier league like a duck to water based on his trajectory so far and a solid preseason 

Agreed. The path for youth footballers shouldn't be a cut and paste. You'd trust Poch to know enough about Troy to decide where he's at.

Age should never be the ultimate barometer for a players capabilities. While players as young as Troy coming to the fore ala Rooney, etc is rare, that doesn't mean he's not the next teenage sensation. 

Stifling him now, and not giving him the game time he's more than capable of, could actually have an adverse effect. For all we know there's a momentum with Troy that needs to continue in order for Troy Parrott to become the Troy Parrott.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

I don’t see the logic of farming him out to a club when his development at Spurs has been excellent and ahead of any expectations Spurs would have had for him.

If he was 20 and not getting a look in yeah, a loan would make sense but for me it’s too early in his pro experience to be sent to another club where expectations/ demands on team / manager can hamper a 17 yo.

I’d be surprised Spurs would do this  and if they did they would choose very carefully where he went.

Harry Kane was 17 1/2 when Spurs first loaned him out to Orient.

There then followed loans to Millwall, Norwich and Leicester.

He had just turned 20 by the time he returned to Spurs after Leicester (start of 2013/14 season), and didn't make the breakthrough to a regular starting place until season 2014/15, by which time he'd just turned 21.

Now I know HK suffered growing pains and injuries etc when he was a teenager, but those (or other) setbacks could also befall Parrott, too.

It doesn't matter how highly Poch rates him (and he does), you can be sure he's not going to rush him too far, too quickly, so I think patience is needed.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:29pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:32pm
A bad loan spell at this stage of his career could seriously damage his development and confidence, no need to take such a risk this early in the day IMO. Better to stay where he is, continue his progress, and  get a few games here and there over the season.
We're decent enough..
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:11pm
he's only 17 relax. A year as regular for the u23s is fine for him.  League 2 I would argue may stall progress at this stage...I'm sure they will actually play ball as opposed to lower league teams and probably a better standard.  He hasn't done a whole pile at that level yet anyway.  Most damage done was u18
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:04pm
I don’t see the logic of farming him out to a club when his development at Spurs has been excellent and ahead of any expectations Spurs would have had for him.

If he was 20 and not getting a look in yeah, a loan would make sense but for me it’s too early in his pro experience to be sent to another club where expectations/ demands on team / manager can hamper a 17 yo.

I’d be surprised Spurs would do this  and if they did they would choose very carefully where he went.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Latest is that Dybala is staying at Juve. Charlton have also signed Leko from West Brom

Came to say the same thing. I suppose it's technically good news for Parrott?

If one of Kane/Moura/Son get injured at some stage this season I would guess it's likely Parrott will make the bench, which would mean he would get opportunities this season, which for a 17 year old in the premiership is amazing.

I’d say it’s the best possible scenario for him. He won’t be first choice, but he can play in all four of their attacking positions so I’d be amazed oh he didnt get a shot 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Latest is that Dybala is staying at Juve. Charlton have also signed Leko from West Brom

Came to say the same thing. I suppose it's technically good news for Parrott?

If one of Kane/Moura/Son get injured at some stage this season I would guess it's likely Parrott will make the bench, which would mean he would get opportunities this season, which for a 17 year old in the premiership is amazing.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:37am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If Dybala comes in then I think it would be good for Parrott to get out on loan and play games. 

I'd say they're waiting for this deal to go through before deciding on Troy. Given his quick rise, it would seem counter productive to have him sitting on the bench for the season. Needs game time. Championship would be good experience. He seems to be able to handle himself anyway. Great hold up play so would easily do a job for someone. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 252>
  Share Topic