Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 251>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 4:25pm
7 goals and 3 asists in 21 league appearances, averaging a goal every 180 minutes. It's been an excellent year for him injuries aside.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 4:09pm
The logic that Parrott is some sort of technical wizard who will flourish on the continent, while he'll struggle with the neanderthal football in the Championship is a classic Irish fan trope. Send the struglling player to the fabled continent so he can traipse around pinging passes with all the time in the world.

The reason he struggled in the Championship was because he wasn't good enough yet. The German league is plenty physical and has a variety of footballing types. He needs to find a team and manager that fits him. Doesn't matter where that is and the Championship is still one of the best leagues in Europe.

Good example is Jonjo Shelvey, a technical genius who moves like a bus. His year in the Championship with Newcastle, he was a total superstar. Levels above everyone technically and it showed. Viktor Gyokeres too, banged in goals for Coventry and is now being linked with the world's best teams after  season in Lisbon.

If he's good enough, the Championship is a great place to be, so is continental Europe. If he's good enough, he'll do well.
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A goal every 3 games he's averaging in the Eredivisie. 
Would struggle to get a game in the Bundesliga i think

If he was Brazilian like Anthony someone would pay 90 million for that kind of record in Holland LOL
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 3:56pm
A goal every 3 games he's averaging in the Eredivisie. 
Would struggle to get a game in the Bundesliga i think
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 3:53pm
I'm not fascinated by the Championship at all, the opposite in fact! Its been good to see Parrott and Jake O'Brien go abroad and be a success. 
I do think though that just because people see him as a technical player, he shouldn't just 'give up' on English football leagues altogether. If that was the case, the likes of Andy Moran hasnt a hope of ever playing in England. 

Surely a good technical footballer like Parrott has to be able to adapt his game and make himself a success in England, rather than running off to Europe cos the game in England doesn't suit him....

I like Parrott and want him to succeed, I'm not having a pop at him.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

after a decent year abroad, and hopefully matured a bit, is it possible that a move back to a decent team in the Championship might now actually suit Parrott and help him develop further?

I don't get this fascination with the Championship, it's not a great league at all and Parrott has ultimately failed in 2 loan spells with Millwall & Preston.

He's far better off in a slower paced but more technical league like the Bundesliga, I hope he's advised well for this next move
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

after a decent year abroad, and hopefully matured a bit, is it possible that a move back to a decent team in the Championship might now actually suit Parrott and help him develop further?

If I was developing i'd take the a Bundesliga (if reports mentioned are true) team over a decent championship one. Not sure the frantic 46 game Sat/Tues season is ideal with someone with his injury history. Not sure its an ideal environment for someone trying to develop technically either.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 11:45am
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Tottenham willing to sell Troy Parrott to interested Bundesliga sides according to "well-placed sources". Football Insider are never wrong!

Hopefully a half decent side put themselves forward for him like Frankfurt or Gladbach, don't want him ending up in the graveyard that is the championship where he is capable of much better but whether he is willing to put in the effort is completely up to him. 

Surprised none of the big clubs in Holland haven't put their name in the hat for him but there is a very strong likelihood that hell end up back in the lower echelons of English football where hell get a fairly decent wage.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 10:26pm
Tottenham willing to sell Troy Parrott to interested Bundesliga sides according to "well-placed sources". Football Insider are never wrong!

Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

He's fine where he is if he can get signed, Celtic is a toxic place to go it seems. All this stress for playing for a "massive" club but no real reward because it's only Scotland anyways.

As opposed to playing in a relegation battle in Holland!

He could be playing CL\EL and winning trophies.

He'll get swallowed up at Celtic at present. Needs time to improve at a club with less expectations. 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 4:22pm
His team just gets completely battered most weeks. Currently 4-0 down not even half time yet 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

He's fine where he is if he can get signed, Celtic is a toxic place to go it seems. All this stress for playing for a "massive" club but no real reward because it's only Scotland anyways.

As opposed to playing in a relegation battle in Holland!

He could be playing CL\EL and winning trophies.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:53pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:49pm
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 3:00pm
Positional awareness, making the right runs, ability to finish etc.. are far better attributes than raw pace.

Robbie Keane was never the quickest player but always knew were to be.

Shane Long on the other hand was quick as lightening but couldn't finish his dinner most of the time.

Id love to see Parrott given the chance in a first team like Spurs where he wont be expected to do all the work he currently does in a team that doesn't have that much possession. The off the ball dropping deep into midfield to try win it back stuff, getting back to help defend a lead etc.. I think he would be a different player altogether in a team where he just has to receive the ball and make the forward runs, where he potentially gets several goal scoring opportunities in a single game.

It must be 4 or 5 years ago now but I remember him being given that chance in preseason with Spurs while still a teen and he looked as good as Ferguson leading the line.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Hope he can get a permanent transfer to a decent club in summer.

Which is what the rumours are about, yet you took a swing at those.

So in conclusion Conan, you belittle his achievements in your first post and mock the rumours they have given rise to and in your second post you hope he gets a decent transfer in the summer. 

Have a good think about what a muppet you are and take as long as you need there Conan. 
Ok I've had a good think about it as instructed but still unable to see the contradiction between hoping TP gets a decent move away from Spurs and not giving much credibility to the plausibility of the inevitable Irish Twitter account claiming special knowledge of all the big Dutch clubs wanting a piece of Parrot action, any more than I believed the exact same rumours about Byrne and Crowley which credulous Ireland fans such as yourself lapped up at the time.
You sound really on the ball and in the know though Scissors so please do educate me.
Sorry to make you cry in to your cornflakes this morning. Cry

I don't remember one article linking Byrne or Crowley to the top clubs in Holland can you please post said articles.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Where has the perception come from that he’s slow?

Saw an interview recently with Ogbene who said it’s between him and Parrott as the fastest player in the Ireland squad…

Really? Surely obafemi, festy and even Connolly a good bit faster?

I do think his lack of pace gets exaggerated. Don’t think he is slow.

They're a lot quicker off the mark maybe - which tbf is more important in football. You don't often see lads running at full tilt in a game, it's generally shorter 10-20 metre sprints.

Edited by The O'Shea - 10 Feb 2024 at 2:09pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 251>
  Share Topic