You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:31pm
I actually watched the Viborg match and didn't read player ratings. I think he was awful. Sorry. I know I'm only allowed to say that about players born in Ireland.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 Oct 2022 at 12:33pm
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:35pm
Flynn Downes has started making an impact. I’m not expecting massive amounts of game time for Conor Coventry.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Flynn Downes has started making an impact. I’m not expecting massive amounts of game time for Conor Coventry.

The signature is gas Hetfield LOLWink

On Coventry, I'd like to see him get a loan but as McHammered said, Moyes may prefer to keep him as cover in the squad given the amount of games West Ham will have this season.

I wouldn't be too sure Kenny will call him up to the November squad even if he does feature again before the international break.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The signature is gas Hetfield LOLWink

On Coventry, I'd like to see him get a loan but as McHammered said, Moyes may prefer to keep him as cover in the squad given the amount of games West Ham will have this season.

I wouldn't be too sure Kenny will call him up to the November squad even if he does feature again before the international break.  

I think he will, but only as a reward for his longstanding captaincy and commitment to the U21s. He may get some minutes vs Malta, but I think he is still a fair way off playing in a competitive international for us. I'd even have the likes of Jack Taylor ahead of him as things stand. Much will depend on the nature of his loan in January - if he stays at West Ham, it will likely be the 2026 WCQ campaign before he comes into serious consideration, a good Championship loan could move the dial on that.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm
Moyes has said that Coventry had opportunities to leave in the summer but decided to stay at West Ham this season so doubt he'll hold him there in Jan if Coventry were to change his mind.

Moyes comments:
“Conor is a good player and it has been difficult to get him some minutes,” said Moyes. “We have had Flynn and with all of the competition we have got it has been difficult.

Conor had plenty of chances to leave but we wanted him to stay. He is such a good lad and a good trainer. He is a great competitor. He is the captain of the Republic of Ireland’s under-21s.

“We had Josh Cullen who is very similar that here. Went to Anderlecht and Burnley. Playing for the full [Ireland] team. Wouldn’t surprise me if Conor followed the same path. He is doing great and we like him a lot. He had the chance to go in the summer.

“He had a chance to go out in the summer, and he had a couple of good clubs [interested], but we like having him because he’s such a good boy. He’s low maintenance, trains great, great with the rest of the players. He’s a good boy to have around.”

Edited by J89 - 28 Oct 2022 at 4:08pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 6:59pm
another start in the conference league. Hopefully puts him in the shop window 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 7:13pm
Good stuff. Wouldn't suprise me if that was enough for a senior call up we badly need CMs. Think he's our only Josh Cullen type midfielder. Might help put him in the shop window too.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Good stuff. Wouldn't suprise me if that was enough for a senior call up we badly need CMs. Think he's our only Josh Cullen type midfielder. Might help put him in the shop window too.

With Cullen currently out injured too it could be alright.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 10:08pm
Played well tonight, looked comfortable as usual.
We're decent enough..
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 10:39pm
Good stuff.

Hopefully gets the EFL Cup game vs Blackburn next Wednesday, & then is in the Ireland squad Thursday.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
Not going to pretend to have watched it but he got the joint lowest rating out of the eleven players listed so not sure it's going to change David Moyes's mind about him.

A 16-year-old debutant got their highest rating which should tell you about the level of opposition. 10-0 was their aggregate loss to Silkeborg I believe.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 03 Nov 2022 at 10:58pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not going to pretend to have watched it but he got the joint lowest rating out of the eleven players listed so not sure it's going to change David Moyes's mind about him.

A 16-year-old debutant got their highest rating which should tell you about the level of opposition. 10-0 was their aggregate loss to Silkeborg I believe.

The first line of the review you have linked is "A really good perfromance from Coventry" LOLLOL

We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The first line of the review you have linked is "A really good perfromance from Coventry" LOLLOL

Which contradicts nothing I said. Joint lowest rating against a team that got beaten 5-0 twice by Silkeborg isn't going to get him minutes in the league! The guy 6 years younger than him who was rated their best player looks like he has more of a chance breaking through.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Which contradicts nothing I said. Joint lowest rating against a team that got beaten 5-0 twice by Silkeborg isn't going to get him minutes in the league! The guy 6 years younger than him who was rated their best player looks like he has more of a chance breaking through.

"A really good performance from Conor Coventry. Allowed the rest of midfield to attack as he held a nice base behind them. Did show off his range of passing at times and generally just really, really composed on the ball. Another pleasing display in this competition for him"

The entire text of the rating that you chose to post to try and talk down Coventry LOL You really can't help yourself Clap

Full 90 minutes played, 3-0 win, 90% pass accuracy and 7.9 rating on Fotmob if you need any more evidence that you're digging yourself into a hole here.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:19pm
I don't know why you're having a meltdown and copying and pasting the article I linked as if I haven't read it already. He got the joint lowest rating against a poor team that lost 5-0 to Silkeborg! twice. Their best player was a 16-year-old child. 

All I said was I don't think it's going to drastically alter his fortunes at West Ham or change David Moyes's opinions about him, and I'd still be surprised if Kenny calls him up off the back of it.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 12:16am
How many young Eiremen have we seen play these type of European games down the years  & amount to nothing more than lower league making up the numbers journeymen pros  ?  

If he gets picked in something other than a nuisance fixture for Moyes, then we may have something 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 1:12am
saw 3 diff player rating articles and he got 6/10 in all
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 9:01am
Don’t think 5 apps in conference league going to push Coventry closer to senior squad, to put it into context Justin Ferizaj has 8 apps in same competition including qualifiers while not getting much game time in LOI, even Rovers played weakened teams and rested players. Coventry be better off playing every weekend in championship/League if he wants to progress. Conference league is about as relevant as the EFL trophy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic