Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:59am
LOL

As I said before the game in Cardiff, if he can't beat this Irish team he should resign.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:04am
The Welsh Steve Staunton will flop but he is still more clued in than Mr. Motivator
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:22am
Ampadu a doubt for Tuesday.  MON's luck is in again.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Amapadu has been woeful in both Wales games since we gave him the freedom of Cardiff. 

He also hasn’t kicked a ball for his club. I think we made him look better than he is. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Amapadu has been woeful in both Wales games since we gave him the freedom of Cardiff. 

He also hasn’t kicked a ball for his club. I think we made him look better than he is. 

Shameful Paddies make average Welsh player look like I N  I  E  S T A

FatFreddyMax View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FatFreddyMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:05pm
MON, should be trying new things in these matches.

Opportunity to play O'Brien again who has earned his spot as has Williams who I'd like to see slot in with Arter.

Doherty needs to start with Robinson and Egan also.

Hogan, O'Brien would be interesting. Perhaps Maguire with Hogan, little and large partnership. At 31 barely getting game time for Southampton its very hard to excited about the prospect of a fit Shane Long, I'm more excited about an English born L1 striker in Curtis who, if current form continues looks likely to be playing in the Championship who needs some game time over the next 2 games.

The continued absence of Rice has left a sour note in my mouth personally. The lose of Grealish, and the lack lustre approach to attract any English born player to join the fold. It's only a matter of time before Brendan Hines-Ike declares for the USA, Ryan Nolan declares for Spain... Ryan Johannsson declared for Luxembourg..... I need not to continue. Awful approach.

Ampadu is 18, and has played more senior games for Wales then Chelsea. As an association we really need to learn. Who knows what position we'd be in now if we'd tagged Grealish, Rice among a list that goes on for a decade as soon as their potential was discovered.

Edited by FatFreddyMax - 12 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 4:55pm
Bale officially ruled out
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bale officially ruled out

Mepham and Ampadu are out too. This really is there for the taking but I suspect MON will go for a 0-0 draw and stink the place out of it like never seen before.

Edited by grannyrule - 14 Oct 2018 at 5:49pm
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:06pm
Worst thing for Ireland is us winning. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:14pm
Thankfully, that's unlikely to happen. Nil all draw/1 nil loss is likely if we play the same way as last night.
We're decent enough..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by FatFreddyMax FatFreddyMax wrote:

Opportunity to play O'Brien again who has earned his spot as has Williams who I'd like to see slot in with Arter.

Hogan, O'Brien would be interesting. Perhaps Maguire with Hogan, little and large partnership. At 31 barely getting game time for Southampton its very hard to excited about the prospect of a fit Shane Long, I'm more excited about an English born L1 striker in Curtis who, if current form continues looks likely to be playing in the Championship who needs some game time over the next 2 games.

The continued absence of Rice has left a sour note in my mouth personally. The lose of Grealish, and the lack lustre approach to attract any English born player to join the fold. It's only a matter of time before Brendan Hines-Ike declares for the USA, Ryan Nolan declares for Spain... Ryan Johannsson declared for Luxembourg..... I need not to continue. Awful approach.

Ampadu is 18, and has played more senior games for Wales then Chelsea. As an association we really need to learn. Who knows what position we'd be in now if we'd tagged Grealish, Rice among a list that goes on for a decade as soon as their potential was discovered.

Again, people are comparing the likes of Ampadu who actually WANTED to play for Wales with Grealish who decided he wanted to play for England and Rice who is on the fence.

If Grealish's heart wasn't in it, even if he did declare for us what good is he to us?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by FatFreddyMax FatFreddyMax wrote:

Again, people are comparing the likes of Ampadu who actually WANTED to play for Wales with Grealish who decided he wanted to play for England and Rice who is on the fence.

If Grealish's heart wasn't in it, even if he did declare for us what good is he to us?

Perhaps when Grealish was Ampadu's age, he would have jumped at the opportunity to play for us. Similarly, if Wales had failed to call up Ampadu until he was 19/20 (like we did with Grealish), then perhaps he'd have been more drawn to England. Who knows..
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:30pm
Yep, think that's probably likely.  The Scots are now experiencing the situation with McTominay and Cairney.  
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm
Would have zero worries re Ronan Curtis though - born in England presumably because of parents' work, but basically from Donegal as lived there all his life, played for Derry etc.  Very different to a lad born in England to English parents and lives in London all his life with English friends. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Yep, think that's probably likely.  The Scots are now experiencing the situation with McTominay and Cairney.  

Again like I said on another thread, no they're not he played against Albania.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:06pm
Bale is a major loss.

I also feel time has changed the outlook for this wales team. The defeat to Denmark and the hammering from Spain, coupled with our win against them a year ago would suggest they are not yet a team of status. Ramsey, Allen and Brooks will all play an important role, but their defence remains suspect, and while they potentially have better forward option than they did in October 2017, it’s not by much.

I think Wales flatter to deceive and Bale makes an insane difference. In reality we can get something from this.  
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:23am
I don't know I can stand through another 90 tomorrow of the same rubbish as Saturday. I know MON is a mad man but is there any chance he set himself a target for these 2 home games. A point against the Danes and all out to beat the Welsh. If we play like that again for another 90 then he should be sacked. 

Just on Christie's interview, I know there might some noise in the press but I don't we have ever got on his back. Seems to feel a bit of a scapegoat. 

On a side note, great craic at HT Clap
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Just on Christie's interview, I know there might some noise in the press but I don't we have ever got on his back. Seems to feel a bit of a scapegoat. 

Yeah it definitely seemed like that in his interview he felt as if he was being criticized unfairly or felt like a scapegoat. I don't recall the fans ever really giving him a hard time but I do feel bad for him in a way, without really ever playing badly for us everyone would rather see Matt Doherty in the team. It is unfortunate that of the limited number of players we have playing in the PL, 3 of them are right backs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
  Share Topic