You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean McDermott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

I do hope we cap Kieran O'Hara, at least tie him down and lets not have to deal with Grealish mark III in two years time. 

As an LOI fan I see no issue with McDermott being called up. Id much rather a 25 year old from a mid table Norweigen side get called up than a 37 year old keeper from Cork City or Dundalk. There is no keeper in the LOI at the minute deserving of a call up. We need to nail down O'Hara.

problem is we'd have to cap him in a competitive game
Sponsored Links

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

I do hope we cap Kieran O'Hara, at least tie him down and lets not have to deal with Grealish mark III in two years time. 

As an LOI fan I see no issue with McDermott being called up. Id much rather a 25 year old from a mid table Norweigen side get called up than a 37 year old keeper from Cork City or Dundalk. There is no keeper in the LOI at the minute deserving of a call up. We need to nail down O'Hara.

problem is we'd have to cap him in a competitive game
Bring him on against Wales!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd rather see Caoimhin Kelleher ahead of these lads.

This...much better prospect than O'Hara
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd rather see Caoimhin Kelleher ahead of these lads.

This...much better prospect than O'Hara

But only one of them is playing senior football at the minute, even though it might just be league 2 and a handful of games it's still senior football rather than academy games. Until Kelleher gets a loan and some senior games behind he'll always be behind O'Hara as it's hard to judge players off potential alone.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:50pm
I reckon Kelleher might be bumped up to the U21s in O'Hara's place as theyve their own double header same time as ours.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 4:56am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Based a quick twitter search (and translate) the Norwegian fans aren't exactly blown away by Sean to say the least. Another body to make up the numbers is more like it. 

Well he got Kristiansand player of the year so he is obviously well thought of at his club.

I have spoken to a few Norwegian work colleagues about him and they say he he a decent enough keeper and was a big part of Kristiansand finishing mid table last season after gaining promotion the year before.

Kristiansand wouldn't be the biggest of clubs it would like Bristol City for example getting promoted and finishing 10th in the league.

Their ground holds 4,000.  There's more down watching Accrington Stanley ffs.  

Why aren't we making any effort at senior level with Bielsa's no 1 at Leeds, O'Farrell?  

Why haven't we made any effort with Conor Hazard at Celtic (on loan to Falkirk)? 

Two lads under 21 with potentially big futures.  

We bring in (i) Hearts reserve keeper who's biggest distinction is being transferred for £1; (ii) a thirty something GAA player who retired from soccer at 22; and (iii) a 37 yo LOI player.  

Jesus wept. 

At least O'Hara has potential, as does the young lad Kelleher.  But they've a way to go. Peacock O'Farrell is much further down the line.  The only other Irish-eligible keeper starting in the top two divisions. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Based a quick twitter search (and translate) the Norwegian fans aren't exactly blown away by Sean to say the least. Another body to make up the numbers is more like it. 

Well he got Kristiansand player of the year so he is obviously well thought of at his club.

I have spoken to a few Norwegian work colleagues about him and they say he he a decent enough keeper and was a big part of Kristiansand finishing mid table last season after gaining promotion the year before.

Kristiansand wouldn't be the biggest of clubs it would like Bristol City for example getting promoted and finishing 10th in the league.

Why aren't we making any effort at senior level with Bielsa's no 1 at Leeds, O'Farrell?  

Why haven't we made any effort with Conor Hazard at Celtic (on loan to Falkirk)? 

We bring in (i) Hearts reserve keeper who's biggest distinction is being transferred for £1; (ii) a thirty something GAA player who retired from soccer at 22; and (iii) a 37 yo LOI player.  

Jesus wept. 

At least O'Hara has potential, as does the young lad Kelleher.  But they've a way to go. Peacock O'Farrell is much further down the line.  The only other Irish-eligible keeper starting in the top two divisions. 

What the hell does their grounds capacity have to do with his quality?
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jesus wept. 

What the hell does their grounds capacity have to do with his quality?
+1.
What a bizarre post!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:12am

Peacock O'Farrell is much further down the line.  The only other Irish-eligible keeper starting in the top two divisions. 

This lad deserves a cap for his name alone. Sounds like a character from Ulysses or sommit.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:16am
His full name is: Bailey Andrew Peacock-Farrell.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:20am
Sums up the squad that the only remotely exciting thing is the inclusion of a backup keeper from an unheard of club

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sums up the squad that the only remotely exciting thing is the inclusion of a backup keeper from an unheard of club

i've heard of it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:24am
Most people would have heard of Macclesfield.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Oh is it? That's a shame. Peacock O'Farrell is a brilliant name.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

By the end of next week, he will have a competitive Northern Ireland cap. I’d be surprised if Michael O’Neill does not start him. 
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 1:14pm
If he ever gets the captaincy can we call him Captain Peacock? I'll get my coat....
Ask MaGee
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
Just Peacock Farrell even qualify for Ireland? He's English born and only qualifies for the North through his grandparents.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Just Peacock Farrell even qualify for Ireland? He's English born and only qualifies for the North through his grandparents.

If he qualifies for the North he also automatically qualifies for us
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic