You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 41>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:43pm
A few players looked good I thought. 

Ebosele looked good at right back. 
Grant started a bit nervous but was very good too
Johansson was definitely at another level
And I think kilkenny was very creative when he came on.
Connell was a good holding midfielder whe he came on.

A few I thought struggled.a bit

Coventry again didn't really look the part and really needs to go on loan from West ham.

Afolabi was poor again, I've never seen him have a good game.

Will Ferry gave the ball away far too many times.
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
Would he be an option for the seniors in September ?

More so cap him for obvious reasons LOLLOL
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Would he be an option for the seniors in September ?

More so cap him for obvious reasons LOLLOL

What obvious reasons?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:08pm
One competitive cap for the Under 21s ties him to us now anyway because he has used his switch, so if he's fit he'll be tied to us by playing for our Under 21s in September.

I wouldn't be rushing him into the seniors just yet. He looks a real prospect though, not the finished article but he could be a great player for us in the future.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:19pm
He’s not yet fully fit. Hopefully he gets a loan within la liga or gets minutes for Sevilla. He’s a standout at this age group even at 70% fitness. The kind of player we’ve been crying out for.

Considering all he went through to play for us I’m not concerned about him switching but we do need to manage his development well.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 02 Jun 2021 at 3:20pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:23pm
Hes been injured since last year and only coming back now. He'll get into the Sevilla first team, get some games under his belt, find some sharpness and I can see him in the senior team in the next 6 to 12 months.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He’s not yet fully fit. Hopefully he gets a loan within la liga or gets minutes for Sevilla. He’s a standout at this age group even at 70% fitness. The kind of player we’ve been crying out for.

Considering all he went through to play for us I’m not concerned about him switching but we do need to manage his development well.

There’s some nice prospects there. Thought Connell played well. Johansson is very elegant positioning slack once or twice but that will come. He hasn’t played much football. Both lads and Coventry with them really need to get rolling next season as regards playing men’s football even if that’s a loan. Connell played for Queens Park but that’s League 2 Scottish football not competitive. 

Wright looks tricky and skilful could be a good winger. McGuinness also looks a fine player and it’s interesting to see where he ends up presumably on loan to a Championship or high level League 1 club again next season.

Kayode I thought did some great work off the ball for the 2nd and would have had a tap in for the first if the defender didn’t put the ball in. Going back to Rotherham next year a decent club at League 1 the right level at this point to test himself. He was more then able for League 2 this season playing on the wing too versatility lets see can he step up again. 

Noss I’m not sure about thought he was in and out the game a bit too much. Lyons and Ferry did okay. Mcentee another lad that needs to go on loan I think now and get rolling. 

Afolabi of course hasn’t kicked on but again all he can do is find another loan/permanent move even if it’s Scottish 3rd division and establish himself from there. I’d point to Kevin Nisbett playing for Hibs as a case in point had to drop to the Scottish 3rd division at 21 to find his level to kick on and now is being linked to Championship clubs and going to the Euros. He’s a big lad for his age young and especially strikers of that build sometimes they are just late bloomers. Don’t forget he was in an U19 Euros team of the tournament two years ago. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Jun 2021 at 3:41pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hes been injured since last year and only coming back now. He'll get into the Sevilla first team, get some games under his belt, find some sharpness and I can see him in the senior team in the next 6 to 12 months.

If he was to get into the Sevilla team at 20 that would make him our best prospect by a distance. Sevilla are a quality side, I don't expect it to be that easy. I honestly don't know if La Liga teams use loans to the same extent as we're used to here, but a move to a weaker La Liga team or even the second tier in Spain or Ligue 1 in France would represent a good move for him now.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Jun 2021 at 3:43pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

If he was to get into the Sevilla team at 20 that would make him our best prospect by a distance. Sevilla are a quality side, I don't expect it to be that easy. I honestly don't know if La Liga teams use loans to the same extent as we're used to here, but a move to a weaker La Liga team or even the second tier in Spain or Ligue 1 in France would represent a good move for him now.

La Liga teams most of the top ones anyways bar Barcelona perhaps wouldnt be shy in using loans at all. Real Madrid for their reputation and big money signings have developed plenty young talent in recent years and along with Chelsea are probably the best at using the loan system to develop and bring on young talent of the big clubs in Europe. Sevilla do use it reasonably well too I’m sure.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:01pm
There’s really no rush with him after all he’s been through he’s not going to run off. 
Played well today anyway most importantly 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:02am

One competitive cap for the Under 21s ties him to us now anyway because he has used his switch, so if he's fit he'll be tied to us by playing for our Under 21s in September.

I wouldn't be rushing him into the seniors just yet. He looks a real prospect though, not the finished article but he could be a great player for us in the future.

No competitive cap needed once the switch is done, thats it. Cant switch back.
Big pat View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:31am
.. It wouldn't be a problem anyway, this guy clearly loves ireland, unlike some who have been defended.. Like Mipo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

No competitive cap needed once the switch is done, thats it. Cant switch back.

No, that was changed in the last set of eligibility rule changes. He can now change back if not played by us. The rules are a bit vague in terms of whether it needs to be a competitive game or just any game, so possibly the Switzerland appearance might have been enough, but if it went to CAS or the likes they'd probably say friendlies don't count, so we'd need to play him in a qualifier to confirm it.

Obviously in Johansson's case he won't be switching back to Luxembourg in any case, but he's not 100% confirmed as ours yet all the same.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:22pm
Like Noss, Johansson has also been training with the senior team in preseason.

He has just come on at HT for the second half of their first preseason game against Coventry.
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:48pm

He has just come on at HT for the second half of their first preseason game against Coventry.
How did he do?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 11:45pm

Had a quick look at the second half he played on Youtube there, was surprised to see him play so deep. I thought he was an out and out AM / #10 but he was playing more as #6 come #8.

Hard to take anything from the game given the poor calibre of opposition but I thought he done well in that role.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:43am
Johansson played deep for the 21s. He has the ability to play further forward but he looked so good at the base of our midfield. Incredibly comfortable on the ball with great vision, touch and passing. From an Irish perspective, he's the player we need at 6 and that is selfish. I'm sure he could develop into a fine player further forward. Once he becomes a senior player, I don't mind but I can see a cracking 6 in there. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 8:39pm
Yeah, agreed.
Touch, vision and movement were excellent for the 21's so he's a cut above that level.
Whether it's enough to see him make into that Seville midfield is a whole different matter.

If he did, we're golden.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 41>
  Share Topic