You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller Memorial Match- Tues 25th Sep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Poor old MON can't buy a win, he's a jonah at this stage.

Agree about the pitch, why the fcuk was it marked that big??

The GAA's assimilation committee slowly trying to covert them into gaels. 
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:15pm
Enjoyed the occasion, very big crowd and the stadium looked well. I was in the south upper stand and could see the terraces were dangerously over crowded 

Few players named in the original squads didnt play amd some guys weren't there for the lap of honour

Very nice too see some past legends in person and was a weird seeing Shaun Maloney in an Irish shirt

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:36pm
Saw the 2nd half , hey it was as i expected really nothing more nothing less . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:36pm
I wouldn't have said the terraces were dangerously over crowded at all. Its just the terraces at Páirc Uí Chaoimh are absolutely huge so can accommodate a massive crowd.

Great day out. Glad I wasnt the only one to notice Robbie Keane taking it so seriously . If he's that competitive I don't understand why he didn't go away and sign for a League of Ireland side. 
Denis Irwin is in some shape for 52 thought he was brilliant for the time he was on the pitch. 

Didn't understand playing You'll Never Walk Alone over the Pa at full time. Considering Man Utd were the opposition surely there was some other song of choice they could have gone with considering  any time it's sung at Old Trafford it's roundly booed . Did they honestly expect Man Utd fans to sing along to it? LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I wouldn't have said the terraces were dangerously over crowded at all. Its just the terraces at Páirc Uí Chaoimh are absolutely huge so can accommodate a massive crowd.

Great day out. Glad I wasnt the only one to notice Robbie Keane taking it so seriously . If he's that competitive I don't understand why he didn't go away and sign for a League of Ireland side. 
Denis Irwin is in some shape for 52 thought he was brilliant for the time he was on the pitch. 

Didn't understand playing You'll Never Walk Alone over the Pa at full time. Considering Man Utd were the opposition surely there was some other song of choice they could have gone with considering  any time it's sung at Old Trafford it's roundly booed . Did they honestly expect Man Utd fans to sing along to it? LOL

Celtic song as well.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Enjoyed the occasion, very big crowd and the stadium looked well. I was in the south upper stand and could see the terraces were dangerously over crowded 

Few players named in the original squads didnt play amd some guys weren't there for the lap of honour

Very nice too see some past legends in person and was a weird seeing Shaun Maloney in an Irish shirt

Agree very overcrowded on the Blackrock terrace today 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 25 Sep 2018 at 6:47pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Celtic song as well.

Well aware of that. Just think a compromise could have been made considering some of the Man Utd players on the pitch have spoken how the song turns their stomachs.
They could have chosen a song that would have appealed to all in the crowd. Instead they went with YNWA and it went down like a lead balloon. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:10pm

Well aware of that. Just think a compromise could have been made considering some of the Man Utd players on the pitch have spoken how the song turns their stomachs.
They could have chosen a song that would have appealed to all in the crowd. Instead they went with YNWA and it went down like a lead balloon. 

I'd hope that they would be able to get over it.

It seemed like a superb occasion, which was a big success, and a good tribute to Liam Miller.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:23pm
Dear jaysus do some of you understand it was just a charity game, complaining about what was played on the tannoy and who didn’t play or do a lap at the end Embarrassed
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:25pm
How was Christy Dignam

Bus was late and only got into the stadium when the teams were coming out to meet the president 

So was it Andy Cole or Luis saha who scored utds 2nd goal ?? 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Dear jaysus do some of you understand it was just a charity game, complaining about what was played on the tannoy and who didn’t play or do a lap at the end Embarrassed

It's not a Tannoy it's a public address system!  Tannoy is a brand name!

Image result for alan partridge

Edited by Trap junior - 25 Sep 2018 at 7:28pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:28pm
Great turn out. Some lovely tributes in the programme. 
Anyone else think the atmosphere was a bit flat?  In fairness some lad in the blackrock end did try to get a few songs going . 
I was in the South Upper and there was people standing on the steps as the terrace was too overcrowded and they had been brought into the stand.  
The MC did announce YNWA was in tribute to Liams time with Celtic. As a United fan it didn't sit to well but seeing Irwin scoring and Keane in a United shirt again made up for it !! 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

It's not a Tannoy it's a public address system!  Tannoy is a brand name!

Image result for alan partridge

LOL, going on the shoite we have to listen to before internationals I thought I would abbreviate To Annoy
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:06pm
Looking at the programme its quite unusual the low amount of ireland caps Liam had. Only 4 competitive caps and the other 17 in friendlies 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:35pm

How was Christy Dignam

Bus was late and only got into the stadium when the teams were coming out to meet the president 

Saha. MC had a nightmare ha
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:48pm

How was Christy Dignam

Saha. MC had a nightmare ha

I dont think Andy, correction, Andrew Cole played even 1 minute
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:41am
Colm from Red FM had a mare alright. I actually said to the buddy he would get it wrong just after he scored. Sure I only thought he would mess up Saha's first name or something but calling him Andy Cole was beyond hilarious. 

He never called out any Irish changes and people were looking at the program, "who's 21?, who's 28?". Was pure comical. 

Sure it was all about the occasion, the atmosphere was always going to be difficult. 

The usual calls for the missing wallet and people parking incorrectly made me chuckle LOL

Oh the lads in front of me were trying hard for 30 mins to get the mexican wave going - so fair play to them. Even the president joined in. Roy has been getting a hard time lately and deserves that but what he did yesterday with Michael O' Flynn and the dinner is a credit to him. Was really a lovely touch. The kids were in the dressing room before hand and a full house for their dad. It really was a lovely day and a great occasion.  

Edited by kearney304 - 26 Sep 2018 at 8:42am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Colm from Red FM had a mare alright. I actually said to the buddy he would get it wrong just after he scored. Sure I only thought he would mess up Saha's first name or something but calling him Andy Cole was beyond hilarious. 

He never called out any Irish changes and people were looking at the program, "who's 21?, who's 28?". Was pure comical. 

Sure it was all about the occasion, the atmosphere was always going to be difficult. 

The usual calls for the missing wallet and people parking incorrectly made me chuckle LOL

Oh the lads in front of me were trying hard for 30 mins to get the mexican wave going - so fair play to them. Even the president joined in. Roy has been getting a hard time lately and deserves that but what he did yesterday with Michael O' Flynn and the dinner is a credit to him. Was really a lovely touch. The kids were in the dressing room before hand and a full house for their dad. It really was a lovely day and a great occasion.  
And people think the PA announcer at the Ireland games in Dublin is bad! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic