You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidential Election 2018 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:04pm
And although it seems heaven sent,
We aint ready, to see a Sinn Fein president, uh

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:08pm
Now, I'm more than happy that the Aras has ceased to be a retirement home and cushy number for the "old boys" of Irish politics, but given the constitutional element of the role, surely you'd be expecting somebody with some political and/or legal experience to be a credible candidate for the job rather than just anybody who fancies it (Even though I know there is nothing stopping them from going forward).
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Not until the next Presidential election anyway when us North of the border and the diaspora should get a vote Thumbs Up

Edited by bogball88 - 29 Aug 2018 at 12:47pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:54pm
Will Bressie be throwing is hat into the ring?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:58pm
Serious question. Why should the diaspora get a vote? I’m not talking NI here, but the wider diaspora. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Serious question. Why should the diaspora get a vote? I’m not talking NI here, but the wider diaspora. 

Without getting in to the pros and cons of it, it is widespread practice with many countries
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:43pm
Why was McAleese made President since she's from Ardoyne yet people from the North can't vote
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Will Bressie be throwing is hat into the ring?

that **** seems to have his head stuck every ,so be no surprise if he did.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:19pm
Bressie is some man alright, deals with his depression by inflicting it on everyone else.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:32pm
[QUOTE=horsebox]Any idea who the SF nomination is?

Edit - unless it's JF.[/QUOTE

would love it to be Gearoid that would really stir the pot and get up the Establishment nose, I think they will play safe and go with one of their MEPs possibly a woman like Mary Lou and MichelleSmile.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 12:06am

Sean Gallagher is in.

The FF candidate who isn't an FF candidate, we must be getting close to the full deck at this stage, only SF to declare and maybe if we're lucky, a 'comedy' type candidate, although me man Sharkey must be close to fulfilling that role too. An inspiring bunch I must say. 

The proof that Gallagher is FF by the way, is in the fact that he has the neck to run again & expect people to forget the relatively recent past, it doesn't get more FF than that. Well, actually, it does, accepting brown envelopes or unsolicited donations to 'further the political process' is more or less what CJH/Bertie era FF was built on, which brings us back to Mr Gallagher's alleged antics before the last Presidential election. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 8:14am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why was McAleese made President since she's from Ardoyne yet people from the North can't vote

Because she is an Irish citizen but only Irish citizens resident in the State are allowed to vote. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Sean Gallagher is in.

The FF candidate who isn't an FF candidate, we must be getting close to the full deck at this stage, only SF to declare and maybe if we're lucky, a 'comedy' type candidate, although me man Sharkey must be close to fulfilling that role too. An inspiring bunch I must say. 

The proof that Gallagher is FF by the way, is in the fact that he has the neck to run again & expect people to forget the relatively recent past, it doesn't get more FF than that. Well, actually, it does, accepting brown envelopes or unsolicited donations to 'further the political process' is more or less what CJH/Bertie era FF was built on, which brings us back to Mr Gallagher's alleged antics before the last Presidential election. 

For those of us that can barely remember yesterday, can you remind us what Gallagher was up to?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:12am

Sean Gallagher is in.

I reckon he'll be best of the rest. Ended up on 35% after the envelope tweet last time, should beat that this time around
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:22am

Sean Gallagher is in.

Ha, very true. I couldn't really understand his popularity the last time around but going by the opinion polls he nearly had it wrapped up before that Tweetgate thing or whatever it was called.

Initially I was wondering what the hell he was doing running again, but for whatever reason he seems to remain quite popular. People tend to have short enough memories so I suppose it makes sense for him to give it another bash. If there was any kind of even mini-scandal or slip in popularity around the current President then he would be the most likely to swoop in and capitalise on it.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:49am
Thank f**k Tweetgate happened or we could have had that Harry Hill wannabe as president.

How was/is he popular ?

Im guessing when he starts the canvassing he will be crucified regarding the donations/brown envelopes from last time.He wouldn't go on Matt Cooper show yesterday,doesnt bode well for his campaign.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:51am
I had a look on the comments under his announcement to run, a lot seem to be from save the 8th campaigners saying that he’s the man to refuse to sign off on the revised amendment LOLLOL
“Good man Sean, the pro life fight is only beginning”

This fella has a seriously high opinion of himself 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic