You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidential Election 2018 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:19pm
RTE reporting on their website that John Finucane has been tipped by senior SF figures as a strong contender to be nominated
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ferris has been controversial with some of her statements in the past. These would undoubtedly be raised in a Presidential run.

Was she the one who refused to condemn Jerry McCabes shooting?

Her father Martin was involved in controversy surrounding this case I know anyway
He collected 2 of the killers on their release from prison in 2009 on behalf of SF.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:37pm
Mainly kite flying from SF here, but with FF & FG effectively abstaining from the election, plenty of PR opportunities/airtime for SF, particularly as none of the other candidates, or people who have declared an interest,  seem remotely credible. Think all we are missing so far is the right wing catholic fundamentalist candidate endorsed by the Iona Institute and John Waters.  So the SF candidate, whoever he or she may be will provide the 'main' opposition this time around. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:54am
This thing is half officially underway, as a few independent candidates spoke in front of Waterford Co Council today with a view to seeking their nomination. 

Before that, we have had ex GAA President Liam O'Neill rule himself out of the running (he was never in the running) and Senator Gerard Craughwell, whomever he may be, also drop out due to financial constraints, having got his 15 minutes of media exposure, probably mainly reminding whoever voted or nominated him for the Seanad in the first place that he still exists. Objective achieved. 

Gavan Duffy (another businessman who appeared on a TV programme), Joan Freeman (head of Pieta House charity) and some bucko called Patrick Feeney (I have no idea who he is or what he does) spoke in front of the council. One of the councillors accused Mr Feeney of being disrespectful, unimpressive & ill prepared in his approach. 

I occasionally read local newspaper reports of council meetings, and all I can say is this presentation must have been particularly poor in order to invoke the ire of one of the councillors, they'd be well used to listening to horrendous crap every week from, well, other councillors. One of his suggestions (I swear I'm not making this up) was to propose that Kate Bush have a series of concerts across the country. I'm not sure was this part of the actual manifesto or did he just throw it in as some class of random thing in the ''any other business'' category. What the notoriously reclusive Ms Bush would make of this suggestion wasn't entirely clear. 

His policies might be worth keeping an eye on if this is the standard of Day 1..............

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 6:13am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This thing is half officially underway, as a few independent candidates spoke in front of Waterford Co Council today with a view to seeking their nomination. 

Before that, we have had ex GAA President Liam O'Neill rule himself out of the running (he was never in the running) and Senator Gerard Craughwell, whomever he may be, also drop out due to financial constraints, having got his 15 minutes of media exposure, probably mainly reminding whoever voted or nominated him for the Seanad in the first place that he still exists. Objective achieved. 

Gavan Duffy (another businessman who appeared on a TV programme), Joan Freeman (head of Pieta House charity) and some bucko called Patrick Feeney (I have no idea who he is or what he does) spoke in front of the council. One of the councillors accused Mr Feeney of being disrespectful, unimpressive & ill prepared in his approach. 

I occasionally read local newspaper reports of council meetings, and all I can say is this presentation must have been particularly poor in order to invoke the ire of one of the councillors, they'd be well used to listening to horrendous crap every week from, well, other councillors. One of his suggestions (I swear I'm not making this up) was to propose that Kate Bush have a series of concerts across the country. I'm not sure was this part of the actual manifesto or did he just throw it in as some class of random thing in the ''any other business'' category. What the notoriously reclusive Ms Bush would make of this suggestion wasn't entirely clear. 

His policies might be worth keeping an eye on if this is the standard of Day 1..............

If he is a fan of Kate Bush he is unlikely to give up anyway.  
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:45am
If he can get me a ticket for one of them then I'll come back to vote for him.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:03pm
Maybe she'll do a one off concert in Waterford to help this joker out as her mother was from there.She was 60 on monday. Ouch
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

LOL the old observation "Fr Ted is more of a documentary than a sitcom" comes to mind.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:16pm
The rumours that surround president Higgins, I just can't shake them - so I won't vote.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Maybe she'll do a one off concert in Waterford to help this joker out as her mother was from there.She was 60 on monday. Ouch
And still sexy! She has lived in Ireland for years.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The rumours that surround president Higgins, I just can't shake them - so I won't vote.

Excuse my ignorance but what rumours? 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 8:55pm
Never knew Kate Bush had Irish connections and lives here. 

One of the most distinctive female singing voices there ever was. 

Being a broke student drinking cheap cans of Tuborg in the house with 'Sunset' playing in the background instead of bothering with the afternoon lectures . Great times  Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but what rumours? 

He's a gangsta rapper with a crack habit.

If I post up the unsubstanstaited rumours on my own forum - hopefully a mod will delete the post LOL LOL. you can pm if you want 

btw what is a shinner dinner? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 11:28am
Chucky steak
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 3:37pm
I see FF have an element that is encouraging a run for the Presidency. I must admit, I’m finding this mad dash for the role to be amusing.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:24pm
Never knew Joan Freeman was related to that nutjob from the Iona institute Maria Steen
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Never knew Joan Freeman was related to that nutjob from the Iona institute Maria Steen

Religious undertones with pieta House too
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

One of the Waterford councillors challenged her on that at the meeting/presentation - asked if she would have any difficulty signing any abortion-related bill in to law. Her reply was that she respected the will of the people, and also that her daughter was a yes campaigner (without actually saying yes).  I think she would be more than leaning toward her niece Maria's view on these things alright. Presidential elections aren't the same without far right catholic fundamentalists, it may as well be written into the constitution that one of them has to run. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic