Poll Question: Who will make the final?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharpshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:23am
There's a lot of optimism now from the England press they'll definitely defeat Croatia, you can't blame them personally since the whole team is working together so well, some think it might even be a comfortable victory if Sterling finally takes his chances!

The big question for me is whether Croatia will recover physically in time against England.  I'm hoping they'll at least have a good 90 minute performance against England, I think if the real Croatia perform they can really trouble this England side.  I don't think Southgate will park the bus either which might suit Croatia's creative players.

Edited by Sharpshooter - 09 Jul 2018 at 3:24am
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:54am
It’s NOT going to happen.
This team won’t beat Croatia AND Belgium or France.

I’d feel much better if they were playing one of France or Belgium in the semi final.
Once again they got the favourable draw.

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:10am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

We have all made mistakes. Progress is important. There are plenty terms I have used that I regret.

We do indeed all make mistakes, didn’t you have a racist comment concerning Waterford fans deleted from the Cork City thread ?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:39am
Guarantee if you're in Belgium or Croatia or France right now there's just as much patriotism as there is in England right now, people saying they'd hate to see Englad win because of all the it's coming home sh*te is the inbuilt "we should hate or big neighbour" attitude.

Question for those living in London and saying they'll hate to see them win it because of all the patriotism you'll have to put up with, if you were living in Rio, Buenos Aires, Berlin, or Madrid, would you be anti those countries winning it too? 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Guarantee if you're in Belgium or Croatia or France right now there's just as much patriotism as there is in England right now, people saying they'd hate to see Englad win because of all the it's coming home sh*te is the inbuilt "we should hate or big neighbour" attitude.

Question for those living in London and saying they'll hate to see them win it because of all the patriotism you'll have to put up with, if you were living in Rio, Buenos Aires, Berlin, or Madrid, would you be anti those countries winning it too? 

Bit of a strawman question as none of those countries would be seen as rivals/arch rival's of our team not to mention the fact that none of them have a history of colonisation in Ireland that England as part of the Great Britain does.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Bit of a strawman question as none of those countries would be seen as rivals/arch rival's of our team not to mention the fact that none of them have a history of colonisation in Ireland that England as part of the Great Britain does.  

This is what Mairead thinks:

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 09 Jul 2018 at 10:31am

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Thnaks to the Ryanair strike, I have a Thursday flight from London so I bought a flight to London on Wednesday just to be safeer and I will stay in my brother's place, and it'll be the same night England make it to a WC Final Dead

I was impressed with their victory over Sweden, Croatia have had two penalty shoot outs and will not get lucky again. FML

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 09 Jul 2018 at 10:41am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:52am
my quiet meal for two with the Mrs on Wednesday night is up in the air given the spot we were planning on going to will be rammed and I doubt they will be doing their usual menu 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

This is what Mairead thinks:

LOLClap go on Mariead, take note all you tans supporting coonts on here LOL
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It’s NOT going to happen.
This team won’t beat Croatia AND Belgium or France.

I’d feel much better if they were playing one of France or Belgium in the semi final.
Once again they got the favourable draw.

to be fair we have our own luck with draws
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

my quiet meal for two with the Mrs on Wednesday night is up in the air given the spot we were planning on going to will be rammed and I doubt they will be doing their usual menu 

To be fair, I don't think Weatherspoons turn the sound up on their TVs !

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Think yer misjudging the ybig mood lassassinblanc, shoneenism is all the rage here now. Preferably, if you were able to couple it with some hindsight (no betting dockets required) that suggested you knew England were going to win the WC since February 2016, all the better.  And also important to state you would quite like them to as they are such a nice bunch of lads etc, and a serious amount of bonus points if you can get the phrase ' matured as a nation' into it as well. 

Best of luck Thumbs Up

I'm not the sort of person that ever uses the word "shoneen", except in this post, but this is a "shoneen" forum, mate.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:20am

The heart says Croatia but the head says England.

Will be interesting to see what happens. In '94 you had Sweden and Bulgaria both get to the semis but you never really felt they had any chance of winning it. Same with South Korea and Turkey in 2002 but this is the first time you have average teams in a semi final who have a serious chance of winning the thing.

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

AngryAngryAngryAngrySmile

I had the dubious honour of being out with English mates to watch the Euro 96 semi final with Germany - the bars generally were not the best of spots especially when it was pretty obvious you were not shouting for the home team 

Not sure what I will do Wednesday 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:32am
Croatia is a backward country full of horrible Nazi sh*ts. 

The Nazis will once again be defeated on Russian soil by the forces of good.

Get yer Croats, England are going to the final.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:39am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

AngryAngryAngryAngrySmile

I had the dubious honour of being out with English mates to watch the Euro 96 semi final with Germany - the bars generally were not the best of spots especially when it was pretty obvious you were not shouting for the home team 

Not sure what I will do Wednesday 

I'm glad to be out of the country and away from it all at the moment !
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:21pm

I was in Wembley (on a freebee) in with the England fans pretending to lyp sync to GSTQ.
Very difficult to hide my delight when Moller scored the winning peno.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Maybe it's the constant bombardment with propaganda at the moment but I really think England are going to win this now.
Semi final I think the croatian midfield will have all the possession and do f**k all with it and England will score from a corner in the first half and on a conterattack at the end with croatia throwing everyone forward.

The final I think they'll face France who will bottle it in the final and lose 2 nil.

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm preparing for it haha

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 29>
  Share Topic