Poll Question: Who will make the final?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:56pm
England might be happy that they made a semi-final, but they really blew it last night.

Kane may have the Golden Boot, but what does it matter when you miss an open goal and blow your chance at a World Cup Final. Off-side was called, but VAR would have over-ruled that decision.

Talk of it being a young team that will do better next time is premature. 

The stars won't align like that again. You only get a chance like that once in a generation.

Kane won't be a getting a World Cup winner's medal in 2022. His reward will be to get to talk about that miss in a documentary in 20 years time called "One Night in Moscow".

On the media. I don't care about the English media hyping up their team. That's their business. The most insufferable part of England in a tournament is always the Irish media.

Gobdaws declaring that they'll be supporting England, like it's a part of the Good Friday Agreement or something, and everyone else should too!

Sorry Mr Journalist. You're not Nelson Mandela, you're just another feckin' lickarse!

Sponsored Links

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I generally find the English sound but certain sections of their society are hateful.  The pro Brexit, can't let go of the Empire, ignorant, Maggie Thatcher, Terry Butcher types. 
Hate that kunt because he hates everyone who's not English. Kunt.

The irony is that Butcher was born in Singapore.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:06pm
England did miss an opportunity to get to a WC final but it would have glossed over the big issue they have.

Football has moved on but England (and Ireland) are still playing 90’s football.

A Spanish left back would have more technical skill than any English player.

England won’t get another chance like that in the next 20
Years. 

daraghj82 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:10pm
England had great chance to reach the final it was going so well for them , could and should have had a second, in the 2nd half Croatia played very well but were helped a bit when England dropped back a too deep at times just like we would have done , 1st period of ET England were much more comfortable when they pushed up the pitch , they'll be gutted with the 2nd goal to concede to Croatia, its been a good tournament result wise for England with some decent performances at times
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

I generally find the English sound but certain sections of their society are hateful.  The pro Brexit, can't let go of the Empire, ignorant, Maggie Thatcher, Terry Butcher types. 

I know.
A few others around that time too - Gary Bailey (South Africa), John Barnes (Jamaica), John Solako (Nigeria) etc.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Kane may have the Golden Boot, but what does it matter when you miss an open goal and blow your chance at a World Cup Final.

Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That image makes it look even worse.

I guess those pizza ads with Pearce and Southgate might prove lucrative for Kane after all.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:56pm

Did he hit the post or did the keeper knock it on to the post?

The whole thing was bizarre because the linesman gave a goal kick when it was a corner and the ref gave offside thinking he linesman had flagged but he was flagging for a goal kick.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:58pm
dunno if it's been said as I couldn't be arsed scrolling through 20+ pages, but why the f**k didn't trippier tape up whatever muscle was at him, and just get out there and play the last 10 mins???? it was his one and only chance to make a WC Final, yet he let his head rule over his body and wimped out. poor form
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Did he hit the post or did the keeper knock it on to the post?

Somehow managed to hit the post - might have deflected on to the keeper then after that.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:03pm
I thought the keeper got back and diverted it onto the post 

Either way they were two bad misses 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

[TUBE]https://www.facebook.com/lovindotie/videos/2087221901528519/[/TUBE]
Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!

LOL Utterly embarrassing. Fame hungry sap as are all the acoustic guitar bashers who put this guff online. Listen they would have been insufferable if they won it we all know that.

I will not be gloating about them losing a semi given how utterly sh*t we are currently and the atrocious style of hoofball we play. We play the worst football of any international side at any level i have seen over the last 24 month.  

England were deservedly beaten by a very good experienced side in their last chance saloon at a major competition. Think they will push France all the way on Sunday night. Good luck to them i say. Thought their unsung players were good last night, both fullbacks and the pony tailed weirdo at the back were excellent. Add that to top players like Modric and Rakitic waking up after half time and Perisic finding some form. They are a decent side. Mandzukic may not be top drawer but he certainly gets some important goals.

At least England have some young players coming through, a well coached young side who give their all and a manager who tries to play football and comes across as a very decent well spoken forward thinking fella, unlike the cantankerous old prick we have with his cantankerous slightly younger prick accomplice. 

England were found wanting in midfield and i don't think their formation in the middle helped at all, Southgate should have changed to a more conventional midfield shape when the pressure came. Lingard and Ali were pulled wide leaving Henderson swamped in the middle. They are moving in the right direction but really need a player in the mould of Modric, as do many teams to be fair, to get to the next level. Kane was rubbish last two games and looked like he was running in treacle. Wonder what the issue was there. Be curious to see if Southgate will learn from the second half as their tactical changes made a big difference. 

England have plenty of skillful footballers with the exception of midfield where they are lacking class. Plenty of footballing ability in their centre halves, hopefully rice can add the same for us.  Wouldnt mind Henderson being Irish that being said.  

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:04pm
What makes its sick is that PPs had Kane & Modric both to hit the target 9/4...PPs use whoscored.com to decide these bets......and..........both had no shots on target! Modric also had 1 shot & 2 Key passes Kane had 2 shots and 1 Key Pass, imo both of these players were off form last night, my man of the match was Ivan Perisic by a country mile he was the main reason Croatia got to the Final, imo.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:23pm
To the people crying about irish fans wanting england to lose do you also cry about man united fans wanting Liverpool to lose, kerry fans wanting cork to lose, tipp fans wanting kilkenny to lose or Dublin fans wanting meath to lose?

There's a million more examples like the above in many different sports. It's not enough your own team does well, your rivals must suffer!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:34pm

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

I know.
A few others around that time too - Gary Bailey (South Africa), John Barnes (Jamaica), John Solako (Nigeria) etc.

In fairness to Butcher, he wasn't entirely wrong. He did hate u2 which gets him bonus points in my mind. 
El Puto Amo
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

What makes its sick is that PPs had Kane & Modric both to hit the target 9/4...PPs use whoscored.com to decide these bets......and..........both had no shots on target! Modric also had 1 shot & 2 Key passes Kane had 2 shots and 1 Key Pass, imo both of these players were off form last night, my man of the match was Ivan Perisic by a country mile he was the main reason Croatia got to the Final, imo.

Modric was off form?! Shocked
El Puto Amo
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm
Crikey England have to go to Croatia in October and have them at home in November in the UEFA Nations League.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

dunno if it's been said as I couldn't be arsed scrolling through 20+ pages, but why the f**k didn't trippier tape up whatever muscle was at him, and just get out there and play the last 10 mins???? it was his one and only chance to make a WC Final, yet he let his head rule over his body and wimped out. poor form

I said the same thing at the time.
Back in the day there was no subs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 29>
  Share Topic