Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm
Zaha?

He was in Kyle Walkers pocket that day. Never seen him as quiet
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:18pm
I said that Hodgson would have played an extra midfielder instead of Benteke. Instead of a guy who cannot run. Exactly like you said, City didn't give Palace a kick. Unlike you seem to think though, that is exactly why the last player you'd want on your team is Benteke now. He can't press, he can't beat guys on his own like Zaha could.

If Palace were on 5 or 10 points less, Benteke would not have been near the pitch vs City. I'm 100 percent certain of that. Hodgson used it to give Benteke the run out as there season is effectively over.

It's amazing how such comments can get twisted by people.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:22pm
I didn’t twist anything, you said it was like playing with 10 men every time he’s named on the team these days
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:52pm
Simple question for you, do you think Hodgson would have started Benteke against City if Palace were on 30 points with 4/5 PL games left?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:59pm
Probably not. He did start a lot of games earlier in the season, including the 0-2 at home to Liverpool (and I didn’t see you complaining then) 

I don’t think he’s as bad as the over dramatic comments by you after the game.
Bit like your comments on Shane Duffy, you tend to go OTT when you don’t rate a player 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Apr 2019 at 12:04am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:13am
Nothing dramatic at all about my comments. City effectively played against 10 men. It was a comical decision by Hodgson if you are judging just based on 90 mins of play vs City. Hodgson clearly wasn't thinking like that though. As Palace were safe, he was thinking about how to get Benteke back into some form so he'd be useful to Palace next season, or he was thinking they can move Benteke on easier in the summer if he has a few games under his belt and hopefully a goal or 2.

You've stated yourself that Hodgson probably wouldn't have played Benteke if Palace were still in relegation trouble. I'll go one further - Hodgson 100 percent would not have started Benteke against City in such a scenario. You have also stated that Benteke did the square root of f*ck all against City. I agree, and that was always going to be the case as it was a game where Palace were never going to give him service. Going further though, what his selection meant was Palaces midfield was completely overrun. 

His selection on the merits of 90 mins vs City was comical. It was clearly done with a longer term strategy in mind, and Palace and Hodgson are more than entitled to do that. I'm also entitled to fairly analyse that the decision to do so handed City the 3 points against them.

I am not sure you are so entitled to be upset by my comments though. They were perfectly rational. Your mention of a Palace fixture vs Liverpool from 6 months ago where I didn't complain about Benteke playing is totally irrational. It defies logic tbh. It does though show what your real issue is, your belief that I'm unfairly targeting City due to my "support" of Liverpool. More comical stuff. Catch yourself on RB.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:16am
Btw Shane Duffy. What level did I say he's at ? If Brighton sold him tomorrow, who did I say he'd end up with?

My comments on Duffy are completely rational. I'd love if Shane Duffy was an incredible footballer, as he'd be a huge asset to the team I've followed all my life. He's not though and there are countless reasons for that.

For you to say that I am ott on the likes of Duffy, yet offer no such comments on others who have said Duffy will go down as an Irish great LOL I mean jaysus h Christ LOL an Irish great LOL

Just more comical stuff

Edited by Hans Moleman - 22 Apr 2019 at 12:17am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:17am
Merely making a point that the same player went to the home of a top 6 team today, scored and played well. 
So was it like playing with 10 men today for Palace or not? 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Merely making a point that the same player went to the home of a top 6 team today, scored and played well. 
So was it like playing with 10 men today for Palace or not? 

What exactly has that to do with Hodgsons selection of Benteke vs City? If Bentekes scores 25 PL goals in his remaining 3/4 PL fixtures and ends up top scorer - based on getting a result vs City on that day, was Bentekes selection warranted? Of course not. The proof was in the pudding on the day. You actually agree with all the points I've made about Benteke, yet you are somehow still arguing the other side of the toss.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 22 Apr 2019 at 12:22am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:28am
“‘Benteke is shot as a player” - Hans last week

Didn’t look it today

No more paragraphs repeating the same thing please 

He’d a bad game against City when they’d about 25% possession. Shock horror. Your after game analysis on him was OTT

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Apr 2019 at 12:29am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:45am
You are spouting utter dog spunk. You are wrapping yourself in knots. You agree with most of my points on Benteke yet you are somehow in total disagreement with me at the same time.

Any word said about a game involved City you take as an unwarranted insult to the team. My comments about Benteke, Hodgson and Palace, were about Benteke, Hodgson and Palace. You though seem to think I'm having some sort of pop at City.

I have a bet on Liverpool to win the PL. I can only hope that Wolves and Newcastle do similar to Palace, and have one eye on future progress and not just the importance of 90 mins vs Liverpool. 

Why anyone would take such analysis of team selections as an insult against a different side is beyond me. As I said, catch yourself on RB.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:02am
Well, that’s not very Christian
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:17am
I shouldn't have laughed, but sadly I did LOL
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:32am
Maybe I’m missing the point here but without a 5,000 word reply can someone explain with Bentekes inclusion v City guarantees them 3 points but not v Arsenal?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:47am
Behave yourself Hans. 

Edited by Sham157 - 22 Apr 2019 at 1:48am
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Nothing dramatic at all about my comments.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 3:04am
Bit harsh Sham.

@Hunty no drama here buddy Big smile just likes the chats. I is lonely

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Bit harsh Sham.

@Hunty no drama here buddy Big smile just likes the chats. I is lonely

Count yourself lucky it was not bob foreskins sensoring you, he can be very cutting and hurtful at times but sneaky too into the bargain, at least the other member of the gestapo gives you a chance LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
  Share Topic