Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:23pm
Saw a stat today
Liverpool have the most points in PL history for a second placed team at this stage of the season 
Chelsea have the most points for a third placed team, Arsenal the most for a fourth placed team, Spurs the most for a fifth placed team, Bournemouth the most for a sixth placed team and Watford the most for a seventh placed team 

No easy games in the premier league is now surely bollocks

Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Liverpool are 'joint first', get it right
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Saw a stat today
Liverpool have the most points in PL history for a second placed team at this stage of the season 
Chelsea have the most points for a third placed team, Arsenal the most for a fourth placed team, Spurs the most for a fifth placed team, Bournemouth the most for a sixth placed team and Watford the most for a seventh placed team 

Possibly the greatest myth ever perpetuated. There was truth in that nonsense 20 years ago, but the gap between the haves and the have nots in English football has gotten wider and wider for decades now. Just look at the points total that a United team winning a treble in 1999 put together. An Arsenal team that finished 4th and was out of the title race with 6/7 matches left to play in 2013/14 finished on the same points total as that 99 United side.

This is why I laugh at black and white hard line some people take on a points improvement by a team from one season to the next. It's a guide but there lots of nuances to take into account and it's quite possible that a team could get 5/10 more points this season than last and have not improved one bit.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Liverpool are 'joint first', get it right

I would agree. Liverpool are joint top. I'd be pretty sure Guardiola and the City players know that they are neck and neck with Liverpool and a few goals better in GD means nothing so early in the season.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:18pm
the bottom of the premier league is pigspunk. Saints have won once at home in just under a year and weren't relegated last year and still aren't in the relegation zone this year! It's not as if our away record is greatLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

the bottom of the premier league is pigspunk. Saints have won once at home in just under a year and weren't relegated last year and still aren't in the relegation zone this year! It's not as if our away record is greatLOL

I've thought for at least a decade now that the amount of awful teams in the PL is a sight to behold. This season is another level of horribly bad though. There are about 6 teams who are simply woeful. It's a really solid achievement to actually manage to be relegated.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm

Saw a stat today

Big 5
Small 15

How many points have the big 5 dropped against the small 15

Man City - 2
Chelsea - 4
Liverpool - 0
Arsenal - 2
Spurs - 3

That’s incredible after 10 games.

Arsenal v Liverpool will be interesting today.
Will answer how good Arsenal are? Are Liverpool really the 2nd best team in the league? 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:17pm
It was always a big 6 though 
you’ve put man united in your “small 15” to suit your argument 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Saw a stat today

Big 5
Small 15

Man City - 2
Chelsea - 4
Liverpool - 0
Arsenal - 2
Spurs - 3

Will answer how good Arsenal are? Are Liverpool really the 2nd best team in the league? 

They are clearly in the top 2 sides in the league. Imo they are the strongest team in the league. To hear them still mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal is silly stuff tbh.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Saw a stat today

Big 5
Small 15

Man City - 2
Chelsea - 4
Liverpool - 0
Arsenal - 2
Spurs - 3

They are clearly in the top 2 sides in the league. Imo they are the strongest team in the league. To hear them still mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal is silly stuff tbh.

What did you think Hans?
Imo arsenal were the better team and should have won.
As a spurs supporter I can admit Arsenal are playing brilliant football. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 7:38pm
You’ll be waiting a few days on the reply
Hans given a break from the forum for a few days

Agree that Arsenal were the better team for long periods. Would have been harsh on them to get nothing from the game. Still think Liverpool are a better team. Fabinho had a mare
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm
Small 15. You're some fool, Hans. Seriously. There's a big six and a small fourteen.

You must put vinegar on your chips to make yourself less bitter.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:03pm
Don't worry lads, he's off having a great time in his holiday with all the free money he made on Liverpool beating Arsenal as per his post on the previous page 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:16pm
Oh sorry, it was Zinedine Kilbane that said that. My bad.

Anyway, it is still a big six. Sure Man United were f**king runners up last season!

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 Nov 2018 at 8:17pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Definitely going to be a two horse race for the title 

Both Liverpool and City look solid and both have plenty more gears to go into in an attacking sense as well.

I wouldn't rule out Chelsea.

If Arsenal beat Liverpool on Sat they are only a point behind them.
Liverpool are the favs for 2nd but Chelsea and Arsenal have a chance.

Arsenal will do very well to finish within 20 points of Liverpool this season. They will do well to finish top 4 also. Anyone tipping Arsenal to finish above Liverpool definitely hasn't watched many full Arsenal matches this season. Arsenal, while improving from a horribly low starting point, have a decent attack and a horrendous defence. It's not a stretch imo to say they are poorer defensively this season than last, and that is some going. There's no doubt Emery will improve them but they are a year or 2 off being anywhere near Liverpool.

I reckon it's printing free money backing Liverpool to beat Arsenal at the weekend.

Printing free money Clap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:54am
Arsenal were the better team but Liverpool were hard done by with Mane's offside goal. Fabinho was very poor, doesn't look up to speed at all. Expected Liverpool to test Arsenal's defence with their pace but it rarely happened. Thought van Dijk and Mkhitaryan should have had penalties after their collisions with Leno and Allison.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:24pm
So after this weekends games Liverpool remain joint top with City, with City just ahead on points difference 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:28pm
Whys Arnautovic such a **** when he scores a goal? 
Noticed he went back to mouth at Tarkowski yesterday when he scored and did something similar to Johnny Evans for Austria recently
Maybe verbals gone on before it 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
  Share Topic