Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 60>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ah come on Hans, there's no way you can dismiss the season Sterling has had. 

Son - 28 apps, 12 goals, 6 assists.
Sterling - 30 apps, 17 goals, 9 assists.

It'll come down to whoever wins the league IMO.

Not dismissing Sterling at all. He's had a brilliant season. Based on all the games I've seen this season, I'd go for Son as the best attacking player in the league. I do think only for his season being interrupted with international tourneys, he'd be right up there for POTY. He should sill be on that 6 man shortlist imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I suppose Brendan and Territorial were right all along
Pep doesn’t trust Phil Foden and he’ll never make it at city  
Not what I said (can't speak for Brendan).

What I said was that Foden clearly has the talent to make it at the highest level, for a top club like City.

But you won't see the best of him until he's 23 or 24. And to ensure he reaches his best, he needs 100+ League starts before then, including consistent runs in the big games, not just against the weaker teams.

During those 100 games, he'll inevitably have the odd off day, or make potentially critical errors.

Which prompts the question, will Pep tolerate that, while Liverpool and the rest are breathing down their neck and the owners are demanding City win everything? 

Or will he just spend £50m on a ready-made 24 y.o. from a top club, whose already got those mistakes and off-days out of his system? And keep on spending it, season after season, as and when required?

You don't know the answer to that question any more than I do. But we both know that Pep is absolutely ruthless in his pursuit of trophies.

Meanwhile, what has made it even worse is Foden signing a 7 year(?) contract on (presumably) massive wages, meaning that he doesn't have the bargaining power of demanding a move/running down his contract should he not be getting as many games as he'd like or deserves.

Which is exactly the mistake which comparable talents like Sancho, Diaz and Matondo - or their Agents, more like - avoided.

Then again, those three weren't all dyed-in-the-wool City fans, so maybe were less easy to manipulate than a kid like Foden. Nor were they both club-produced and country-produced.

Of course, Foden is quite capable of (stress) making it all the way with City, something I've never denied. But my point was that he's making it much harder for himself than it need be.

And even if he does, it won't be on the basis of a goal in his second ever PL start, a few weeks shy of his 19th birthday.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Apr 2019 at 4:55pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:17pm
Liverpool 1 up and arsenal level. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm
Now now Terri 
No back tracking, I bumped what you said 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:41pm

Now now Terri 

Feel free to bump what I said that was so wrong on Foden.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:42pm
Job done Liverpool. Squeeky bum time now. It will be weird seeing ever fan cheering for united. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Job done Liverpool. Squeeky bum time now. It will be weird seeing ever fan cheering for united. 
They will start fighting with themselves in pubs from Bantry to Belfast. It will be glorious confusion.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:09pm
Chelsea are nailed on for top 4 now in my opinion! Manchester United and Arsenal are currently having a game of who can shoot themselves in the foot the most!
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:12pm
Wednesday night will be like the Irish Civil War part II in pubs up and down the country

Liverpool supporters cheering for Manchester United and Manchester United supporters cheering for Manchester City

I'm going to go out and get f**king tanked 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:27pm
I really cannot overemphasize how sh*te Mustafi is. Bottled the chance to go 2 points clear in 3rd with a very winnable home game. You'd almost expect Arsenal to concede 3 to Palace in Selhurst Park, but to do so at home is a shambles.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:33pm

Now now Terri 
"Backtracking"?

Compare what I said a couple of posts above with what you bumped:

"Unless he's got a very tasty loan lined up for him, then Foden's agent should be binned (imo)

PF is widely considered to be the best young prospect (of many) at City. And as the likes of eg Jadon Sancho has proved, a player of his ability has got to be good enough to hold down a regular place in a good club playing at a high standard.

Yet Foden has yet to start an EPL game for City this season, and only come on as substitute, usually when City are already 3 or 4 ahead, on 8 occasions, for a grand total of 92 mins.

It is hard to see how he can develop to his maximum potential with such sparse game time, and he must know that no matter how well he does over the next 2 or 3 years, City are always liable to spend £50m+ on some 25 y.o. who already has five years and 150 games at a top club, and who'll go straight into the squad ahead of Foden."

Now compare him with Jadon Sancho - a season and a half at of regular starts at the top of the Bundesliga, CL experience and four full England caps, the irony being that City might even decide to buy him back at a huge loss.

Sancho is 2 months older than Foden.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Apr 2019 at 6:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
His agent should be binned for getting him a 6 year deal at the club he’s supported all his life you also said
Why was that again? 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:02pm
I see the man who is as good as starting with 10 men and who loses Palace the game as soon as he’s named in the team, started and scored at the Emirates today

Fancy that 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:05pm
Robertson shirt pull on Morrison could easily have been a penalty today just before Liverpool’s first goal 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:08pm

I see the man who is as good as starting with 10 men and who loses Palace the game as soon as he’s named in the team, started and scored at the Emirates today

Fancy that 

Well played LOL

Riddle me this, how did Benteke do against City
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:09pm
It’s misses like that one from Morrison today why I think Liverpool will win this title.
An unbelievable miss. How the fook does the ball end up hitting the back of his neck? 
Must take his eyes off the ball 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Fancy that 

Well played LOL

He barely got a kick, and any striker Hodgson had picked that day would have been the same
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:11pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Fancy that 

Well played LOL

He barely got a kick, and any striker Hodgson had picked that day would have been the same

And which striker did I say Hodgson should have played instead of Benteke?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 60>
  Share Topic