English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

A few bumps and bruises along the way away aside, the title is done. It's over. Liverpool fans are in the majority who don't realise this and tbf it's understandable.

The big question for me is can they do the big double. I think they'll go very close. If you asked me to stick a bet on at value, I'd think they can get it done.
Magical LOL
He predicted Liverpool to win the league, so did YOU !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

A few bumps and bruises along the way away aside, the title is done. It's over. Liverpool fans are in the majority who don't realise this and tbf it's understandable.

The big question for me is can they do the big double. I think they'll go very close. If you asked me to stick a bet on at value, I'd think they can get it done.

Magical LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:07am
A handled winner by Sterling in the ninth minute of injury time would be hilarious.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

It would be nice to see Man city finish off the job with some early goals today.

De Bruyne to feature?

Good to see the league go down to the last day. Doesn't happen often enough.

Relegation and top 4 all sorted so no drama there. 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:41am
It would be nice to see Man city finish off the job with some early goals today.

De Bruyne to feature?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Ah don't worry CM, Dyche does enough of it to make up for his loss Wink

Cracking manager Sean Dyche.
Thumbs Up.

Hey not to worry DM as Hunty is just doing a bit of fishing that's all Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Cracking manager Sean Dyche.
Thumbs Up.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:14am
Colin Heart
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 11:33pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:15pm
Not going to miss Colin and the none stop bitching in the Prem next season that's for sure .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:43pm
Eight years since there wasn't a Welsh team in the PL.If they'd gone the 10 years they could have officially started a petition to change the name to the English and Welsh premier league. The dream is over.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:26pm
Cheerio Colin ClapClap

Delighted for Chris Hughton Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Me or Lee?

All you commie lads are nice until you suddenly crack and randomly have a go at the President or some Australians.

I can just imagine how Chris Sutton and Charlie Adam would fare as managers

Not good is my conservative guess

They both agreed that the game is still more about talented individuals than systems.
It's about both but if talented individuals are playing in a team with a poor system they will invariably lose to a less talented team with a better system

So things are clearly much more weighted in favour of systems being more important

This isn't something that's unique to association football - it's common to all field sports

From the bit I know about Sutton and Adam they strike me as your typical backward old school British ex-footballer/soon to be ex-footballer who are high on confidence in their opinions with sod all to back it up

There's a reason British coaches have been laughed at throughout Europe for the last 25 years with only the latter careers of Bobby Robson and Alex Ferguson bucking the trend in that time

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:01am

Me or Lee?

All you commie lads are nice until you suddenly crack and randomly have a go at the President or some Australians.

They both agreed that the game is still more about talented individuals than systems.
It's about both but if talented individuals are playing in a team with a poor system they will invariably lose to a less talented team with a better system

So things are clearly much more weighted in favour of systems being more important

This isn't something that's unique to association football - it's common to all field sports

From the bit I know about Sutton and Adam they strike me as your typical backward old school British ex-footballer/soon to be ex-footballer who are high on confidence in their opinions with sod all to back it up

There's a reason British coaches have been laughed at throughout Europe for the last 25 years with only the latter careers of Bobby Robson and Alex Ferguson bucking the trend in that time

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:29pm

Me or Lee?

The only problem with killing an American president is that he is likely to be replaced by someone worse!

There is an interesting debate in Early's piece, even if I felt it wasn't put together well. Individual talent is still important, but there is no doubting that systems have become more important. There is far less space in football now, players are fitter and there are less mistakes as a result of fatigue.
I do think that there is a kernel of truth in the argument that a lot of players aren't as arsed anymore though . For example,I watched the highlights of Manchester City and Spurs the other week, the Champions League game, I didn't see any criticism for Alderweireld ducking out of the way of the first goal. That's normal now. 
It is a little bit of both, but that introduction from Early is torturous.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
Yeah but all they could say to support their viewpoint was Messi
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm

Me or Lee?

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-football-s-new-age-neutralises-philosophies-of-the-past-1.3874358

Good article
He kind of gets towards something interesting, but the introduction is awful. You would nearly get a headache from it. Thank f**k he didn't write 'Inverting the Pyramid'.LOL

They just spent 10 minutes discussing Ken's article on the monday night club, on 5 live. Mark Chapman was very impressed by it, Chris Sutton and Charlie Adam, less so.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
  Share Topic