You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup - how many games will you watch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: How many games will you watch?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [6.25%]
12 [37.50%]
3 [9.38%]
10 [31.25%]
5 [15.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When did Gary Neville join ITV?

How have you got ITV?

My TV package is with Virgin/UPC, I’ve no ITV
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

When did Gary Neville join ITV?

How have you got ITV?

My TV package is with Virgin/UPC, I’ve no ITV

I'm in work, watching on the ITV website, a quick registration process was all it took.

If I was at home I'd be watching it on ITV, ch 103 on sky

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jun 2018 at 3:41pm
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Robbie Williams looks like a youngish Morrissey

It's been rumoured in the past that Morrissey is his real father.   
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:48pm
On flexi time so out the door at 4pm every day, home about 4.25 then for those games.

Will have a laptop or something in the office with 1pm games to see goals, will try get a half of most of them on lunch breaks.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:50pm
work bought a 43"for the break room specifically for the world cup LOL all about that "work culture" 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:14pm
Rte have said they would a highlights package every day at the end of the last game.
Clap

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:11am
It's great RTE have every game but then you risk having to listen to Ger Canning or f**king Adrian Eames if the game isn't on BBC.

Eames has been particularly sh*te in the Swiss-Brazil game and the Croatia wan on Saturday.

Stephen Alkin yesterday as well was as fooking patronizing towards Mexico bigging up that is was a massive shock to beat the Germans.  It wasn't.  Mexico are consistently strong, skillful and on their day can and have beaten anyone.

While I'm glad I don't have to listen to Glenn Hoddle on ITV, the likes of Gah head Canning, the useless Eames and Alkin's Mexico performance, the commentators are really getting on my tits.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:13am
Just when you think the pundits can't get any worse on ITV, along comes Patrice Evra

There's no real need for four pundits on for every game. They take two ad breaks at half time so each one probably only speaks for about 20 seconds

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Jun 2018 at 10:13am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:23am
have had to watch a few on British tv due to dodgy weather affecting my RTÉ 2 signal 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:33am

Just when you think the pundits can't get any worse on ITV, along comes Patrice Evra

There's no real need for four pundits on for every game. They take two ad breaks at half time so each one probably only speaks for about 20 seconds

Yeah way too many pundits.

I actually think Evra was trying to get the ride and hence the compliments. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:46am
This thing of referees being pundits has really, really gone too far. Everytime Clattenburg appears on ITV I switch stations. Between him, Evra, Wright and Tyldesley the whole thing is a sh*t show.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:57am
Russia Today are using the same people in their studio, the host and Mourinho as the pundit.

The annoying thing is that Sky have everyone in the mental health and body language field watching on as they're absolutely desperate for him to say something controversial so they can make a headline out of it.
It became obvious when they made the headline for Saturday with "Mourinho blames De Gea for error" and all he said was he knows it's his fault LOL
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
voted for 50% of the games, but have watched everything so far. the main issue is getting around the fact that your missus doesn't want to watch every single match, but how to be polite and tell her that that's how it is for the month
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:33pm
No need to be polite, it's once every four years.  She needs to put up or shut up. Thumbs Up

Thankfully Mrs FW is grand with my absence for the next few weeks.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:53pm
I just watch it on the laptop and let the missus have free reign of the tell. Win win cause I can put the headphones on and completely ignore her
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:54pm
Done by 9pm seems an acceptable compromise in the Shedite household, Herself can have the TV then for Love Island
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I just watch it on the laptop and let the missus have free reign of the tell. Win win cause I can put the headphones on and completely ignore her

That's alright now and again, but its hard to beat watching it on a big screen totally live, and not a minute or so behind like most streams, websites or apps

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

That's alright now and again, but its hard to beat watching it on a big screen totally live, and not a minute or so behind like most streams, websites or apps

Have a tv in the gaf but don't have it connected up to anything, just use Apple TV, Amazon Prime, Streams and downloads so I wouldn't be watching them on the telly anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic