Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 18/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 65>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sane is an incredible footballer Clap

There’s a danger he could get pissed off soon and want to move away if he continues to be on the bench.
That said, Sterling and Bernardo are playing brilliantly at present
 Bernardo Silva is a joy to watch  
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:23pm
I hope we don’t have to listen to Darke and Keown as a commentary pairing again anytime soon 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sane is an incredible footballer Clap

There’s a danger he could get pissed off soon and want to move away if he continues to be on the bench.
That said, Sterling and Bernardo are playing brilliantly at present
 Bernardo Silva is a joy to watch  

Love watching both Silva's, De Bruyne, Sterling myself. All brilliant attacking players in different ways. Imo though, Sane would never not start if I was selecting the side. Out of all of those players, he is the one player who is capable of being the standout attacking forward in world football over the next few years. Sterling's ceiling for example is far lower than Sanes imo.

So tbf I wouldn't blame him if he does get p*ssed off at some stage. He should never be on the bench imo except for the handful of rest games each season.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:47pm
He has quite a few bad games Sane. I’d say Sterling is more consistent, but Sane is better when both are on the top of their game. 

Loew and Guardiola can’t both be wrong though in leaving him out so much?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:12pm
Bringing the likes of Draxler and Muller in attacking midfield positions instead of him LOL genuinely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a manager make. Id hold my hands up and still say I expected Germany to go close last summer even with that decision. There is simply no defending that decision either way though!

Btw the VAR in the City game. Feckin hell. They are scandalously bad these officials across the board. On the pitch, in a box watching the tv. Just abysmal. City's first goal is as clear a foul by Laporte as you'll see. The foul by Fernandinho for the penalty was offside. Comical decision. I see an ex ref making up utter nonsense on BT that the players who were offside weren't interfering with the play LOL 1 of the offside players is fouled for the penalty. The other is just short of challenging the goalkeeper to the cross. Genuinely the standard is another level of awful.

VAR should be a great thing. It should mean almost all decisions are correct. When you have buffoons left right and centre in charge though, it just makes the whole thing a complete sh*t show.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:35pm
The bookies running scared of City like last year in regard to CL betting.

City have the toughest domestic challenge currently (Bayern will no doubt catch Dortmund by April) and the PL by the looks of it will go down to the wire so to have them at 11/4 is rather small
imo.

Barca & PSG are far better value especially when you factor in both are going to have time to ease up domestically soon.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:39pm
I don’t think City have much chance of winning the CL to be honest.  When they concede one it seems to affect them and they can concede another one soon after as we’ve seen regularly. They seem to panic 
They’re a terrible price 11/4 favourites, much better value elsewhere 
Overall their CL performances have been patchy this season. They’ve scraped results against Schalke and Lyon, what will it be like when they play a good team 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:47pm

I don’t think City have much chance of winning the CL to be honest.  When they concede one it seems to affect them and they can concede another one soon after as we’ve seen regularly. They seem to panic 
They’re a terrible price 11/4 favourites, much better value elsewhere 
Overall their CL performances have been patchy this season. They’ve scraped results against Schalke and Lyon, what will it be like when they play a good team 

Yeah I just think it’s Groundhog Day with the bookies jumping the gun with City betting market wise.

Now if City were 10 points clear domestically 11/4 wouldn’t look too crazy, but they’re in a League Cup Final, FA Cup QF, in the midst of an epic PL title battle etc which to me could end in disaster as they’re trying to challenge on all fronts.

Neymar and Cavani will also be primed for the last 8 and will be kept fresh by skipping some Ligue 1 games no doubt.

Atleti could be worth an EW punt, they fear no one and are a side tailor made for knockout football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:48pm
The bigging up of PSG on here is something else. They should be in the QF, but I'll highly doubt they'll get past a handful of sides if drawn against them at that stage though.

City are superb going forward, but there almost seems to be more fragility at the back than even last year at times. It's a system thing. I wouldn't be backing them at 11/4, no real value considering they may have to win 3 very tough ties yet. They are definitely capable of winning it though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:51pm
Neymar took the bones of 3/4 months to get back playing from a similar injury last season did he not? (Pardon the pun)

Even then, you see numerous analysts speak as though the Neymar injury was a blessing last week against United as Tuchel could then set up in a very different way. That in itself is a serious sign of an issue, when it takes your star player to be missing to be able to tactically coach and set up a team exactly the way you want.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:02am
Incidentally, I don’t think the number of points city are or aren’t top of their league by will impact much on their CL chances. 

They had the league won this time last year and still got tanked in the quarters by Liverpool 

I just think they’ll come up short due to lack of experience, flakey defence and lack of European pedigree 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Feb 2019 at 12:02am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:03am

The bigging up of PSG on here is something else. They should be in the QF, but I'll highly doubt they'll get past a handful of sides if drawn against them at that stage though.

City are superb going forward, but there almost seems to be more fragility at the back than even last year at times. It's a system thing. I wouldn't be backing them at 11/4, no real value considering they may have to win 3 very tough ties yet. They are definitely capable of winning it though.

I’m just factoring in they’ve Ligue 1 won so they can keep their squad as fresh as possible for the CL.

I wouldn’t say they’ll cruise past anyone, last 8 of the CL will be a tough test for any side who gets there.

Just hypothetically speaking imagine City drew Barca? A bit of luck can play a big part in who reaches the final.

I definitely think the CL winner will come from a side who’s not having it tough domestically this season. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:51am

I hope we don’t have to listen to Darke and Keown as a commentary pairing again anytime soon 

Keown mentioning that you don't see Aguero subbed that often. Le Tissier on Twitter saying that he's been subbed in 18 out of 30 games in all competitions this season. Martin clearly doing his homework Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:48am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

VAR working wonders again Clap

Far from it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

VAR working wonders again Clap

Far from it.

Var from it
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
VAR is brilliant. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
City have an excellent chance to win it this year although it is very open with Madrid not being the team they were.

Barca will NOT win it.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
Ray Houghtonduring the Liverpool match. "Salah is a player that likes to run" Thanks for clearing that up RayClap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 65>
  Share Topic