You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

I see the great legia were beaten 2-0 at home by trvana… Slovenien ( I thought they were albannian) that doesn't say much for our league

Slovakian actually.  

I would normally expect the Polish champions to defeat the Slovakian champions.  Poland qould be in and around the top twent yin the UEFA country rankings whereas Slovakia would be around the top thirty.  

Both would normally be expected to defeat our champions.  No great surprise or disgrace there.  
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:02pm
Didn't UCD beat Slovak Bratislava just a few years ago while they were first division ?
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Didn't UCD beat Slovak Bratislava just a few years ago while they were first division ?

They lost 6-1, beat the team from Luxembourg the round before.

Trnava beat sligo in 2012 as well.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:14pm

Slovan were top tier at the time.
Many fans may want that misremembered fact to go uncorrected. UCD met Slovan Bratislava in 2015 but lost 0-1 and 1-5 in the Europa League 2nd qual Rd.  UCD and Slovan won their previous rounds.
Record breaking year as 5 League of Ireland clubs committed in UEFA competition.

A year later TV pundith Brian Kerr stated that 4 sides had qualified "last year" [2015].  Shamrock Rovers FC are the forgotten child in that story.

Sligo Rovers got a draw against Spartak Trnava at The Showgrounds in 2012.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Slovan were top tier at the time.
Many fans may want that misremembered fact to go uncorrected. UCD met Slovan Bratislava in 2015 but lost 0-1 and 1-5 in the Europa League 2nd qual Rd.  UCD and Slovan won their previous rounds.
Record breaking year as 5 League of Ireland clubs committed in UEFA competition.

A year later TV pundith Brian Kerr stated that 4 sides had qualified "last year" [2015].  Shamrock Rovers FC are the forgotten child in that story.

Sligo Rovers got a draw against Spartak Trnava at The Showgrounds in 2012.

After edit: Los Aros tidies up ahead of me. Gracias.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

I see the great legia were beaten 2-0 at home by trvana… Slovenien ( I thought they were albannian) that doesn't say much for our league
Slovakian actually.  
I would normally expect the Polish champions to defeat the Slovakian champions.  Poland qould be in and around the top twent yin the UEFA country rankings whereas Slovakia would be around the top thirty.  

Both would normally be expected to defeat our champions.  No great surprise or disgrace there.  

oh, but an away win by them would be a surprise... I still think people were talking up how good legia were but obviously beaten easily... and as usual we give these team too much respect...
Come on Irelind
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:04pm
Is the Dundalk game on anywhere tonight?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

yes Oriel Park
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

yes Oriel Park
LOL I meant anywhere I would want to watch it!

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Jul 2018 at 7:10pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:11pm
Its on Setanta Sports 2 and ESPN
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:11pm
Eir Sport 1 PM but you should get a stream on vipleague.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:13pm
Cheers, will get a stream handy enough then. 

As an aside, I'm watching TNS on the BBC website and hadn't realised Dean Ebbe had signed for them. He scored as well.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

yes Oriel Park
LOL I meant anywhere I would want to watch it!

LOL

Surprised at you leaving yourself open like that PM 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:45pm
Not too bad a result for Dundalk especially with no away goal conceded. Larnaca could be nervous enough in the second leg without that away goal cushion.

There were 2 yellows given to Dundalk players that seemed ridiculously harsh.

I assume Eir sports have the return leg? 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:12pm
happy enough, draw was probably fair enough even though we just shaded it. Probably should have been a score draw but delighted not to concede.

Ref was a ****, he's Austrian so probably a sturm graz fan and doesn't want to play Dundalk in next round!

Always fancy us to score away in Europe, just hope the heat is not too much for us out there. They may have a few players back next week.

McEleny was great when he came on, hopefully he'll get a few more mins against bohs on Sunday which will help

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
Not sure what it is but when we played in Cyprus last year it wasn't too bad seems to cool down considerably in the evening.  Tie well balanced, if Dundalk score I'd expect them to progress.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Not sure what it is but when we played in Cyprus last year it wasn't too bad seems to cool down considerably in the evening.  Tie well balanced, if Dundalk score I'd expect them to progress.

They're playing at 1630 though, will be really tough. Especially if AEK have some of their back 5 back. 

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

They're playing at 1630 though, will be really tough. Especially if AEK have some of their back 5 back. 

That's Irish time!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic