Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group B- POR/ESP/MOR/IRAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:05am
Sacked
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:08am
So happy I backed Spain to win....
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I know someone who loves a short-term role as Manager who would be suitable.

El Grande Sam Allerdyco.

Gary Lineker <span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 19.2px;">(™)</span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 19.2px;">(®)</span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 19.2px;">©</span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 19.2px;"> </span>

Sir Bobby Robson has shown success at this level, he knows the latin mind aswell.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:15am
They didn't announce a replacement either - so 48 hours out from their first game and Spain have no manager in place.
This has to be a World Cup first?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:21am
Del Bosque to return perhaps?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I'm not that convinced by either Spain or Portugal's squads. Portugal's defence looks very old. I think Morocco could well nip in here and eliminate one of them - probably Portugal, who are serial underperformers in World Cups.

Spains squad is outstanding.
It was outstanding on paper in 2014 and 2016 too and they did nothing. 

To me it doesn't look to have the calibre of leadership that the 2008-2012 squads had and I'm not sure they have have the right balance. 

I think they might make a quarter-final, but I wouldn't be backing them to go any further. 

Should Russia get out of their group they could trouble them in the last 16 and I'd expect Uruguay to outfight them if they're paired with them at that stage.
I told yis Spain didn't have the calibre of leadership they had between 2008 and 2012. 

Edited by sid waddell - 13 Jun 2018 at 11:21am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:23am
Crazy story alright, appears that he didn't get permission to talk to Real Madrid from the Spanish FA hence they sacked him for breach of that.

You'd have to imagine the Spanish FA wouldn't be too happy with Real Madrid either, is La Liga run by the Spanish FA? or is it like Premier League and a separate entity?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:25am

Hierro being rumoured to step in. He has the  badges afaik 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:30am
Spain have done a Saipan
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Spain have done a Saipan

Or they've just gone back to the way they always were pre-2008.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He's Sporting Director of Spanish FA now right?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I know someone who loves a short-term role as Manager who would be suitable.

El Grande Sam Allerdyco.

LOL LOL 

behind the scenes negotiations reveal it was sorted over three pints of Sangria 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
Seems the players did try to stop him from being sacked, but the FA decided it was the only option Confused
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
zidane spotted leaving the UArena very hastily last night after the france 98 v fifa 98 charity match (which he scored a lovely free-kick). supposed sighting at CDG, heading straight to Moscow...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He's Sporting Director of Spanish FA now right?

Yep. Spanish FA President has said they don't want to cause further disruption so Sid Lowe reckons indicates it will probably be Hierro and or Celeades 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:39am
There is the usual divisions with Barcelona and Real Madrid - so this will only make it 10 times worse. Hahahaha
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Seems the players did try to stop him from being sacked, but the FA decided it was the only option Confused

Breach of contract. Don't think they had much option 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:41am

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Breach of contract. Don't think they had much option 

Of course they had an option ffs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic