You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What's the thoughts on the final outcome lads? I just had a €20 bet with a lad in work. 

He reckons the Yes vote will be 60%+. 
I think he's mad and that it's going to be a very tight win for the Yes but it's got to be 59% or below.
Am I going to be €20 up?

if turnout is high id expect a margin of around 57-60%, in favor of real. cant see it being higher. think you're down 20 bob.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:21am

What's the thoughts on the final outcome lads? I just had a €20 bet with a lad in work. 

I think he's mad and that it's going to be a very tight win for the Yes but it's got to be 59% or below.
Am I going to be €20 up?

I've been surprised by the amount of people I know under 35 that have said they're voting no. I think you'll be up 20 quid.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:23am
Glad its over, felt relief when I left the station. Proud of the Irish people to be voting on something so deep and complex.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Look, this is not akin to the marriage referendum. Unlike that which ultimately concludes with a wonderful marriage and a party, for the vast majority termination of pregnancy is the saddest and most grief stricken moments of their life. And the emotions that follow are the ones that nobody should wish on others. It can be a lonely, dark experience which will be some of the saddest days of a life, and for a multitude of potential reasons. But at least, if you can remove the stigma, the class factor, and the hypocrisy from the equation, you have done something right.
Yeah a lot of what I've seen is equating this to marriage referendum, where there were no losers really. This is a bit different, there's difficult outcomes regardless of the result. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Glad its over, felt relief when I left the station. Proud of the Irish people to be voting on something so deep and complex.

Voting should be the minimum you expect of people when given the right, regardless of the matter. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Am I going to be €20 up?

if turnout is high id expect a margin of around 57-60%, in favor of real. cant see it being higher. think you're down 20 bob.

Think you misread that one

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:37am

Am I going to be €20 up?

I hope you read the ballot paper better!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Voting should be the minimum you expect of people when given the right, regardless of the matter. 
I'm not so sure about that, but that's another debate.
I also find the idea of being 'proud of the Irish people' for voting on this to be utterly bizarre.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

counting tonight or tomorrow 

Neither as the vote is tomorrow.  

Counting is on Sat. Result will be known on sat afternoon I suspect. 

Read last night that the result will be announced on the Late Late Show?
Some people just deserve a slap
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Am I going to be €20 up?

Think you misread that one

sorry. quick skim. you're 20 bob up LOL

and PM you'll be pleased to know i can no longer vote.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:47am

The exit poll will be announced then...

How did you think they were going to count 1m+ ballots in 90 mins?!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, but that's another debate.
I also find the idea of being 'proud of the Irish people' for voting on this to be utterly bizarre.

Agreed.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:50am
Ha ha result on the Late Late, will you stop FFS? LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:50am

Truly 
That’s the exit poll results 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

The exit poll will be announced then...

How did you think they were going to count 1m+ ballots in 90 mins?!

With a lot of cocaine?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:04am
I really hope the Yes vote comes in and we show, as a nation that we fully trust the women of Ireland and stand behind or beside them in any horrific and life changing decisions they need to make!

2018 and we're voting to allow women to do what they want with their own bodies, it's a shame it's taken so long.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I really hope the Yes vote comes in and we show, as a nation that we fully trust the women of Ireland and stand behind or beside them in any horrific and life changing decisions they need to make!

2018 and we're voting to allow women to do what they want with their own bodies, it's a shame it's taken so long.
I would like the option of moving home someday, a no vote would rule that out. I couldn't live in a country that told the person I love what they can and can't do in the most extreme of cases.
It is also disgusting to see how vile and hate filled the 'No' campaign has been. It is disgusting that people like Ronan Mullen are paid public representatives, if not properly elected ones,( which shows yet another flaw in the land I love) can be so astonishingly out of touch with reality. He makes Rees-Mogg look like Boy George. Not to mention the fact that the cruellest, meanest organisation in the history of the Irish state, the Roman Catholic Church, is still given a platform to sell its product of lies and hate when it should long ago have been kicked to the perimeter of Irish society.
That isn't to say the 'Yes' side have been much better, often being dragged down to the side of the Helen Lovejoy pitchfork brigade on the other side instead of dealing with fact and reason instead of trying to pitch flag on the moral high ground.

The whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster and an embarrassment. Those of us living abroad have had to try and defend our nation as we look like a moral backwater in places that we should be laughing at ourselves for their own anachronisms.
Please, please vote 'Yes' so we can move away from this sh*tshoe and consign it to a footnote in history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
  Share Topic