You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:36am
What a f**king arsehole that Bishop.,
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:22am
I hope every bishop in Ireland is interviewed between now and May 25th. 

Image result for john charles mcquaid

Edited by sid waddell - 12 May 2018 at 1:22am
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:48am
did any of ye read the article or just look at the headline? The same media sh*t against the no champaign that has happened throughout this campaign.
He said any of the women he talked to said that the abortion left a worse lasting affect than the rape, this I'm sure is not true in every case but as he said "the women he spoke to"
He also said that in cases of fetal fatale abnormalities those who saw through their terms find it easier to grieve, from the people I've spoken to this is very true as they have a grave to visit for the child they have lost.
Headlines are misleading and the no vote is as unpopular as the Catholic Church (I'm not a fan of said church and have not been to mass in decades before ye jump down my troth) but the man is only speaking about his experience of dealing with parishioners.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:48am
I'm not going to jump down anybody's 'troth', but the man is in no position to be given a platform on the subject and his views are to be pitied. This man is speaking on the matter due to his job for a company that left the state paying out large sums of money for their evil actions in covering up child rape. Did he have any views on what should happen if a pubescent girl got pregnant as a result of being raped by a priest? Would her abortion be worse than the rape?

As Sid has said, the more of these ignorant arseholes speak the better. What is sad, intensely sad for the country as a whole, is that they are given a platform to speak and their views deemed important when they are morally bankrupt. Men and women of science and reasoning should be asked, not pseudo men of god.
It just highlights how far Ireland still has to evolve.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:37pm
That John McGuirk fool would inadvertently make an ardent “No” voter change their mind to vote “Yes”.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:35am
Interesting article by Sarah Bardon in the IT about the contentious aspects which arise in the early stages of legislation. This of course is where the actual policy will be implemented, which makes this the most contentious aspect of the debate.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Interesting article by Sarah Bardon in the IT about the contentious aspects which arise in the early stages of legislation. This of course is where the actual policy will be implemented, which makes this the most contentious aspect of the debate.
Yeah read that, most concise and accurate summary of the issues so far
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I hope every bishop in Ireland is interviewed between now and May 25th. 

Image result for john charles mcquaid
The word from Maynooth " Support the Nazis ", the men of cloth failed again..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:07pm
I see the RTÉ debate last night has not been well received. It seemed every time either side opened their mouths on anything the partisans in the audience went ballistic. I’m not sure 20 seconds went by without “audience participation”.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:19pm
Been reported that the No campaigns latest stunt is sending out information leaflets that could be seen by the public as that they are from govt...despicable shower of bozos.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 16 May 2018 at 6:33pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Been reported that the No campaigns latest stunt is sending out information leaflets that could be seen by the public as that they are from govt...despicable shower of bozos.
I'm very surprised by that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:51pm
Bob Geldof urging people to vote anything is dangerous. If I had a vote, I'd be a safe 'yes' voter, unless Sir Bob tells me otherwise. I think if he told me to be a Celtic fan I would buy a Hun top!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

TBF that sounds like one of the "aren't they mean" stories being rolled out by the Yes side.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:54pm
Cabra Hoop is correct, I've seen the leaflets myself. The main part of it is a list that goes through what happens the foetus at different weeks. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:00am
Does it carry through until the fifth and sixth year?
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:25am
have a big fear that this will be a no result. worried that any of the polls don't account for what I think will be a large number of no votes outside of Dublin. also, a lot of younger people based in Dublin may not have either registered/changed their polling station to where they are now living. gutted I can't vote due to the very limited capability for those living abroad
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

have a big fear that this will be a no result. worried that any of the polls don't account for what I think will be a large number of no votes outside of Dublin. also, a lot of younger people based in Dublin may not have either registered/changed their polling station to where they are now living. gutted I can't vote due to the very limited capability for those living abroad

Huge amount of voters registered in the lead up, Monday alone had 3000 done in one of the Dublin councils.

Am worried myself though, Yes campaign has been brutal.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:44am
I think a lot of people are getting amendment weary, I know I am and a few others I have spoken to. It's been full on for weeks now. There also seems to be a feeling of indifference creeping it with a few saying they might not vote at all because they aren't convinced/swayed enough by either side. It's particularly divisive and not an issue that can be discussed without descending into a passionate or hostile argument.
The local pub has groups of campaigners from both sides that have been drinking there for the past few months. One group down one end of the pub and the other the far end. Owner has had to warn them a couple of times that they're welcome but keep the point scoring outside the door. Got fairly heated a couple of times. All young people too.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
  Share Topic