You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:51pm
Literally can't understand how anyone could vote no.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:53pm
That's a bit harsh of Bhob alright.

Sorry for your loss Randy.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:54pm
Some shocking ignorant comments on this thread
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:56pm
ffs Bhob, thats a shocking thin* to say to someone whos gone through something and equates to some of the nonsense coming from elelments of the no side. 

Comments and replies removed. 
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:59pm
Medically speaking it is a fetus until birth, whereby it becomes a baby. Pregnant women know that their fetus will soon become a baby if they let the pregnancy continue. It's quite likely that most pregnant woman with wanted pregnancies refer to it as a baby. On the other hand, an unhappily pregnant woman who is not expecting may view her fetus with dismay and refuse to see it as a baby. Both of these reactions to a fetus are perfectly valid and natural, and both may even occur in the same woman several years apart. Abortion is an extremely personal decision and ultimately people will be voting on whether or not fetuses do have a right to life that outweighs the right of the woman to control her fertility and her life.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:01pm
Apologies, I must have misread his initial comment

Honestly I only glanced at it, I would never in a million years have said what I did had I read it and understood fully what was said.

Edit - going back now I see the original post has now been edited to include the part that was not there originally. My initial response was to what was posted unedited.

Edited by bhob - 09 May 2018 at 4:03pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:07pm
I can't think of a single medical professional I encountered who would use the term "foetus" when not talking about it in the abstract.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

What exactly do people voting yes want? To make it easier for people to murder their mistakes?  If a woman's life is in danger then abortion is legal in Ireland which is the way it should be. If a woman's life is in danger or she was raped she definitely should have the right to an abortion but if the 8th is repealed you will get thousands of young girls killing unborn baby's because they decided to not use protection. Where is the rights for the unborn child? This whole referendum screams feminists & hipsters brigade jumping on whatever bandwagon they can get on 

Ridiculous sentence, bandwagon ffs LOL

I would consider myself anti-abortion but I think the positives outweigh the negatives when considering what way to vote.

I think the thing that swayed me the most to voting Yes was the story on the Late Late a few weeks back about the couple who had to travel to the UK to induce labour as their baby had developed with it's organs on the outside and would die instantly when born, they wouldn't do it for them in this country and expected the woman to go full term as the baby was able to breathe in the womb and they couldn't interfere with the pregnancy.

Not only did they have to travel to the UK but I think due to financial constraints they couldn't wait for the baby to be cremated and had to return home and have the remains sent by courier back to Ireland.

f**kin heartbreaking stuff and the thoughts of ever having to do something like that with my partner is more than enough to sway me.

Never heard that story. That's absolutely horrible
Some people just deserve a slap
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

What exactly do people voting yes want? To make it easier for people to murder their mistakes?  If a woman's life is in danger then abortion is legal in Ireland which is the way it should be. If a woman's life is in danger or she was raped she definitely should have the right to an abortion but if the 8th is repealed you will get thousands of young girls killing unborn baby's because they decided to not use protection. Where is the rights for the unborn child? This whole referendum screams feminists & hipsters brigade jumping on whatever bandwagon they can get on 

Ridiculous sentence, bandwagon ffs LOL

I would consider myself anti-abortion but I think the positives outweigh the negatives when considering what way to vote.

I think the thing that swayed me the most to voting Yes was the story on the Late Late a few weeks back about the couple who had to travel to the UK to induce labour as their baby had developed with it's organs on the outside and would die instantly when born, they wouldn't do it for them in this country and expected the woman to go full term as the baby was able to breathe in the womb and they couldn't interfere with the pregnancy.

Not only did they have to travel to the UK but I think due to financial constraints they couldn't wait for the baby to be cremated and had to return home and have the remains sent by courier back to Ireland.

f**kin heartbreaking stuff and the thoughts of ever having to do something like that with my partner is more than enough to sway me.

Never heard that story. That's absolutely horrible

That's what this really comes down to in a nutshell. It is completely immoral that we are outsourcing abortions to the UK. Hundreds of Irish women are having abortions everyday. As much as some people want to put their fingers in their ears and ignore it, it's already happening. It's a reality.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:56pm
it's probably the worst example of NIMBY politics in the Western World.

It's hypocrisy and cover up all in one, which effects the poorest of the poor, and does not provide for equal opportunity in medical treatment.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:29pm
Both sides are exaggerating the facts to suit their own agenda.

Some harsh facts like it or not are

Abortion is killing an unborn child, be it 4 weeks or 12 weeks or further into the pregnacy

The vast majority of girls having an abortion are not victims of rape or carrying a child that will either not survive or will be severely deformed.

These are facts that most on the repeal side do not want to face or accept

If the referendum is carried the oireachtas will be able to pass whatever laws it wishes in the future on this subject. There is no guarantee that any abortion legislation will actually get carried given how emotive the issue is and the hardened views on both sides.

On the Vote No side, there are posters which I would hope are blatant lies, I would hope that not 1 in 5 pregnancies for example are terminated in the UK.

A yes vote does not mean unlimited abortion, even though that could happen in the future, it doesn't even guarantee any abortion legislation will be passed.

A yes vote will not stop girls getting abortions either in the UK or via online tablets or whatever.

How will i vote? Very reluctantly I will vote yes, because I don't believe I have the right to tell a woman what to do, but I do know that there will be very many girls who will get abortions that may not have done so without a yes vote, and some of those abortions will be for pure selfish reasons. I would go as far to say there will be a lot more girls that will have abortions for purely personal and possibly selfish reasons than will do so because of rape or health issues relating to the pregnancy.

Lastly as a previous poster posted, anyone who loses a child due to a miscarriage, will not feel any less devastation because the foetus was only X weeks old. 
I know nothing :-)
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:32pm
To the 32.61% of people who said they'd vote no here, are you all going to be campaigning for a repeal of the 13th amendment? Or is it O.K. for Irish women to have abortions if they have them in England?

For the 68%, consider donating to the online ad fund: http://donate.togetherforyes.ie/
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Both sides are exaggerating the facts to suit their own agenda.

Some harsh facts like it or not are

Abortion is killing an unborn child, be it 4 weeks or 12 weeks or further into the pregnacy

The vast majority of girls having an abortion are not victims of rape or carrying a child that will either not survive or will be severely deformed.

These are facts that most on the repeal side do not want to face or accept

If the referendum is carried the oireachtas will be able to pass whatever laws it wishes in the future on this subject. There is no guarantee that any abortion legislation will actually get carried given how emotive the issue is and the hardened views on both sides.

On the Vote No side, there are posters which I would hope are blatant lies, I would hope that not 1 in 5 pregnancies for example are terminated in the UK.

A yes vote does not mean unlimited abortion, even though that could happen in the future, it doesn't even guarantee any abortion legislation will be passed.

A yes vote will not stop girls getting abortions either in the UK or via online tablets or whatever.

How will i vote? Very reluctantly I will vote yes, because I don't believe I have the right to tell a woman what to do, but I do know that there will be very many girls who will get abortions that may not have done so without a yes vote, and some of those abortions will be for pure selfish reasons. I would go as far to say there will be a lot more girls that will have abortions for purely personal and possibly selfish reasons than will do so because of rape or health issues relating to the pregnancy.

Lastly as a previous poster posted, anyone who loses a child due to a miscarriage, will not feel any less devastation because the foetus was only X weeks old. 

I'm glad that you're voting Yes, but I don't know how you can know what I have highlighted there. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

To the 32.61% of people who said they'd vote no here, are you all going to be campaigning for a repeal of the 13th amendment? Or is it O.K. for Irish women to have abortions if they have them in England?

For the 68%, consider donating to the online ad fund: http://donate.togetherforyes.ie/

Is anyone else encountering problems trying to donate here? There are mandatory fields to be filled in for State/Province and Country but the drop down lists are empty. 
El Puto Amo
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:50pm
An excellent post I saw on Facebook:

''If you wouldn't force a 12-year old rape victim to give birth, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't force someone to spend months carrying a child that will die trying to take its first breath, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't force a homeless person to stay pregnant, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't force a woman who already has children to risk leaving them motherless, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't force a person with a chronic illness to be crippled and possibly killed by pregnancy, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't use a brain-dead person as an incubator, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't send a woman to prison for 14 years for procuring an abortion, you support repeal.

If you wouldn't support forced C-sections, inductions, episiotomies, sweepings, and medication, you support repeal.

If you trust women, you support repeal.''

You do not need to be pro-abortion to vote yes.

Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

Is anyone else encountering problems trying to donate here? There are mandatory fields to be filled in for State/Province and Country but the drop down lists are empty. 

It seems as if the site is unavailable right now, hopefully because of large numbers donating!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:59pm

I think the statistic is true, but the devil is in the detail, namely termination can include miscarriage, given the use of the procedure to terminate the pregnancy. Not all of the 1/5 pregnancies are terminations of choice. In many cases there is no life left as the baby has passed on in the womb, and as such the life is not being terminated, only the ongoing, unviable pregnancy. The baby may not have been viable from the get-go, or something may have happened whereby the pregnancy was terminated. That is truly sad for those who suffer the misfortune, and the fact that they are being used as statistics to make a political point is gruesome.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think the statistic is true, but the devil is in the detail, namely termination can include miscarriage, given the use of the procedure to terminate the pregnancy. Not all of the 1/5 pregnancies are terminations of choice. In many cases there is no life left as the baby has passed on in the womb, and as such the life is not being terminated, only the ongoing, unviable pregnancy. The baby may not have been viable from the get-go, or something may have happened whereby the pregnancy was terminated. That is truly sad for those who suffer the misfortune, and the fact that they are being used as statistics to make a political point is gruesome.

For every four births in the UK there is one abortion, its been proven true.

Now that doesn't bother me but will bother some. 

I keep seeing this contraception argument, yes some will be due to people not having used contraception and then the morning after pill but surely that's better than being born to a family who doesn't want them or doesn't have the means to look after them? 

Only have to walk through Dublin city to see the amount of kids being dragged along by people who have no capacity to look after them. Just giving a child a deprived life.

Just to note that 12 weeks is short, there was uproar in the US lately after one state cut it back to 15 weeks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 42>
  Share Topic