You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:07pm
Good to get some good news about the underage set up changes are producing results. It should see a lot of these players progress into LOI clubs as well and a few going on to get full caps

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:00pm
Drawn with Bosnia,Denmark and Belgium in Group C
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Fixtures as follows

5th may
Ireland vs Belgium (Loughborough university)

8th may
Ireland vs Denmark (Pirelli stadium burton)

11th May
Ireland vs Bosnia (st George's park)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
Is that a good draw? Hard to know at that level.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Is that a good draw? Hard to know at that level.

Hard to to know is right but I'm in no doubt our chances of getting out of the group are a lot better in Group C than they would be were we in Group D instead of Serbia

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Apr 2018 at 7:00pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:02pm
Poor f**kers   
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:24pm
Ah balls! Was hoping to get to a game and can't do any of those dates. Hopefully the final is more suitable!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:31pm
Decent draw although Bosnia and Denmark knocked out France.  Definitely better to avoid Group D although we play one of their teams if we get out of the group.  Belgium are normally decent but haven't impressed and just got in.  

No way home on the night of the first 2 games but the Bosnia game is easily doable as a day trip from Dublin.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm
What are the kick-off times?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What are the kick-off times?

17:45
19:00
13:00

engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
What stage would we have to reach to qualify for the Under 17 World Cup from this? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

What stage would we have to reach to qualify for the Under 17 World Cup from this? 

Top 6 ranked teams. So QFs at the very least

engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Just read that the 2019 Under 17 World Cup qualifying places will actually be decided from next years Euros which we are hosting. 

Already qualified as hosts and automatically top seeds. Top 6 places to get to the World Cup which is then held in Peru. Be some trip 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Just read that the 2019 Under 17 World Cup qualifying places will actually be decided from next years Euros which we are hosting. 

Already qualified as hosts and automatically top seeds. Top 6 places to get to the World Cup which is then held in Peru. Be some trip 

My bad misread it

SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:34am
Republic of Ireland learned their UEFA Under-17 Championship Finals fate this evening at the draw conducted in St George's Park by FAI chief executive John Delaney and Everton striker Wayne Rooney. 

I had to read that sentence 3 times before I could make sense of it.
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:36am
We got a decent draw today it seems. Belgium were the lowest pot 2 team in the draw, and bosnia were the lowest in pot 1. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 7:00am
At this stage any draw would have been tough but I'd say it could have been a lot worse for Ireland?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Saints Fan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saints Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:49am
tough draw but not as tough as group D or A.it defiantly could have been a lot worse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
  Share Topic