URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56208
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 5:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018
Posted By: DalyerRegular
Subject: U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:31pm
Republic of Ireland U17 squad

Goalkeepers: Kian Clarke (Shamrock Rovers), Jimmy Corcoran (Cherry Orchard)

Defenders: Nathan Collins (Stoke City), Kameron Ledwidge (Southampton), Oisin McEntee (Newcastle United), Max Murphy (Stoke City), Ray O’Sullivan (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Midfielders: Sean Brennan (Southampton), Barry Coffey (Celtic), Luca Connell (Bolton Wanderers), James Furlong (Shamrock Rovers), Conor Grant (Sheffield Wednesday), Jason Knight (Derby County) Adam O’Reilly (Preston North End), Callum Thompson (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Marc Walsh (Swansea City)

Forwards: Adam Idah (Nowrich City), Jordan McEneff (Arsenal), Troy Parrott (Tottenham Hotspur), Tyriek Wright (Aston Villa)

Fixtures - UEFA European Under-17 Championship Elite Round Group 3
March 21: Republic of Ireland v Macedonia, Stadion Chrobrego Głogów, Głogów, KO 17:30 (16:30 Irish Time)
March 24: Republic of Ireland v Georgia, Stadion Chrobrego Głogów, Głogów, KO 17:30 (16:30 Irish Time)
March 27: Poland v Republic of Ireland, Stadion Miejski, Legnica, KO 16:30 (15:30 Irish Time)

Replies:
Posted By: DalyerRegular
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:35pm
Beat Macedonia 3-0 today in the opening game of the group 

Report:  http://www.fai.ie/ireland/match/23/2018/2023609?tab=report" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/ireland/match/23/2018/2023609?tab=report

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:37pm
Hope we make finals. They are in England in May.

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:29pm
Massive game for the U17s in elite qualifying against Georgia at 16.30 today.

Win the match and we qualify for the European Championships.

This is because the 7 best second placed teams of the 8 groups qualify for the tournament. Belgium have finished their group already and have 1 point in the second place table. Only games against the teams who finish first and third count. 
We already have 3 points from beating Macedonia. If we beat Georgia, we will have at least 3 points on the table, even if Georgia finish last, or Macedonia, or indeed Poland (in which case we'd have 6 points on the second place table.
There is no way we can't finish at least 2nd if we win today, as Georgia and Poland drew in the first game.

Ireland go into the game as 3rd highest seed of the 32 teams in elite qualifying, Georgia are 23rd.
And Portugal and Germany are ranked 1st and second as they qualified automatically, so Ireland actually were the highest seeds after the first round of qualifying.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Massive game for the U17s in elite qualifying against Georgia at 16.30 today.

Win the match and we qualify for the European Championships.

This is because the 7 best second placed teams of the 8 groups qualify for the tournament. Belgium have finished their group already and have 1 point in the second place table. Only games against the teams who finish first and third count. 
We already have 3 points from beating Macedonia. If we beat Georgia, we will have at least 3 points on the table, even if Georgia finish last, or Macedonia, or indeed Poland (in which case we'd have 6 points on the second place table.
There is no way we can't finish at least 2nd if we win today, as Georgia and Poland drew in the first game.

Ireland go into the game as 3rd highest seed of the 32 teams in elite qualifying, Georgia are 23rd.
And Portugal and Germany are ranked 1st and second as they qualified automatically, so Ireland actually were the highest seeds after the first round of qualifying.

This been shown live anywhere even via Facebook?

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:15pm
2 up.....I take it this means they've as good as qualified

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

2 up.....I take it this means they've as good as qualified

Yeah its half time. 40 mins away from the Euros, provided they don't concede twice (40 min halves at u17).

Poland 1-0 up in the other game, which has little bearing on things right now.

As it stands if we draw with Poland the next day we'll win the group and be in Pot 1 in the finals draw. Pot 1 teams are drawn into positions 1 and 2 in the groups. The worst group winners end up in Pot 2, but as long as we win the group from here, we will finish ahead of Sweden on points and Switzerland on goal difference (at least) and probably a few others by the time qualifying is over. We have enough points already if we hold out against Georgia, but unless Macedonia get an equaliser against Poland, we'll need a result in the next game to finish first.

We'll see how this plays out first.

Outstanding U17 team at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:19pm
Won 2-0. 

Ireland have qualified for the U17 European Championships. Absolutely cruised through qualifying ClapClapClapClap

Back to back Euro championship finals for Ireland at U17 level ClapClapClapClap  

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:21pm
Won 2 nil so going off rolo info that's us qualified for the euros to be held in England later this year

Group stages start 4th may and run until 11th May. With it been close might look at getting over to a game

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Dr. Pat
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:35pm
Great achievement. They topped their elite group last year and a point against Poland will see them repeat that this year. Colin T doing a super job.

-------------
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:36pm
Good to see them qualifying

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:37pm
6 of that squad today were in the 18 who went to last year's Euros. 

-------------

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:46pm
Brilliant stuff, will any of this years team be eligible for next year? We’re hosting the 2019 tournament and will hopefully have a strong team.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:05pm
Great stuff - If I'm not away with work, will try and get to some of these games.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:14pm
Very encouraging to see our underage teams doing. Hopefully it can continue and we can see some of them make the step up to the senior squad in a few years.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 8:22pm
Delighted. Seems to be a very talented crop

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 8:40pm
Good stuff....Eurosport usually cover these tournys or maybe even BT sport given it's in England

RTE will be too busy handing out awards to the ladies u13 goal of the decade award to be interested

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 12:59pm
Draw next week. Venues picked already. Stadiums mostly league 1 clubs.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Draw next week. Venues picked already. Stadiums mostly league 1 clubs.

Games to be played in Rotherham, Walsall, Burton, chesterfield, st George's park and Loughborough

all apart from st George's park have a decent capacity and from what can see online tickets going to be priced at £5

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:28pm
Absolutely brilliant to see the young lads doing so well Clap Hopefully making these tournaments can be a great stepping stone in these lads future club and international careers.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:51am
Another huge game for the U17s today. Draw with Poland and they top the group, which ensures being in position 1 or 2 in the Finals draw. Obviously that would give us a great chance in the finals of progressing from the group, like last year. Only this time hopefully we won't meet the eventual world cup winners in the QF.

-------------

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm
ireland u17's v poland u17's elite qualifier ko 3.00 pm

1  Kian Clarke
2  Max Murphy
3  Kameron Ledwidge
4  Oisin Mcentee
5  Nathan Collins
6  Jason Knight
7  Barry Coffey
8  Troy Parrot
9  Adam O'Reilly
10 Jordan Mceneff
11 Tyreik Wright  

Posted By: GreenRoots
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:52pm
stream  http://0dt.net/video/1522011.html

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 3:39pm
What a clearance off the line by Mcentee.

Poland are a decent side.

-------------

Posted By: GreenRoots
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm
1-0 Ireland, penalty, 49 mins.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm
Troy Parrot from the peno spot. A draw will win the group.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:18pm
Georgia beating Macedonia 5-0. They'll go through ahead of Poland on goal difference as it stands. Poland have to score.

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:23pm
Had no idea what this team have done - top ranked team after initial qualifying, we have the top goalscorer in the tournament and as it stands (touch wood) going to qualify having won all six qualifying games

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Had no idea what this team have done - top ranked team after initial qualifying, we have the top goalscorer in the tournament and as it stands (touch wood) going to qualify having won all six qualifying games

Seriously impressive stuff. When you factor in how well the u-19’s are going, regardless of how today’s game goes, you’d have to say that someone within the FAI is doing a good job at grassroots level.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:35pm
The good Doktor has played some part presumably

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:36pm
wonder why Adam Idah didnt start/come on this game? is he not the star man

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

wonder why Adam Idah didnt start/come on this game? is he not the star man

ahh see he came on 55min nevermind

Posted By: Bainneban
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:43pm
They won...great stuff.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:43pm
Well done to players and management. Did someone say the finals are on in England?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
The Parrott is playing a year above also,he’s u16.

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
Yes

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:46pm
A brilliant win.

To see an Irish team beat the best Poland have to offer at that age level, in their own back yard in front of a large crowd, was fantastic.

Great campaign again by our U17s. Winning the elite group with 3 wins and no goals conceded LOL Clap 

-------------

Posted By: dubstep
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:46pm
Going great last few years with underage teams. Is it because of Dokter ? Cant be a coincidence . Weve qualified for tournaments in 3 of last 4 of u17 and the one we missed out on was goal difference. We have also won the 4 nations cup 2 years on trot u16 level and have nearly qualified for u19 a few teams which is fairly hard to qualify for as its 8 mation tournament.

Take into it that this years u21 campaign has been best in a long time and the future looks bright.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
Ryan Cassidy who has been in fantastic form for Watfords under-18’s/23’s lately is only 16 and can’t even make the squad in this age group.

Between Cassidy, Idah, McEneff and Parrot, we surely have a future first team striker amongst this lot.

A seriously talented team.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
Parrott is a cracker of a player and I'd say the birds will be all over him after today's beak performance

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
It's been consistant not just a flash in the pan team with a great group of players. You only need to get 1 or 2 every couple of years to make it up to senior level.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:50pm
Colin Terrific must take some credit here as well. Brilliant all round.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:52pm
Next step for the Underage teams now is to qualify for the respective World Cups hopefully

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Ryan Cassidy who has been in fantastic form for Watfords under-18’s/23’s lately is only 16 and can’t even make the squad in this age group.

Between Cassidy, Idah, McEneff and Parrot, we surely have a future first team striker amongst this lot.

Glen McAuley too in our U18s team, has been banging in the goals for Liverpool's underage teams, was top scorer for their U18s last season.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm

Great result! 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Well done to players and management. Did someone say the finals are on in England?
yeah, the venues are here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_UEFA_European_Under-17_Championship#Venues" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_UEFA_European_Under-17_Championship#Venues

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Glen McAuley too in our U18s team, has been banging in the goals for Liverpool's underage teams, was top scorer for their U18s last season.

Add in Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi (if he sticks with us), and the other striker at Southampton (name escapes me).

We’re on to something good in the next 4-5 years I think.

Posted By: dubstep
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:05pm
Yeah Connolly was top scorer in qualifying last year for this tournament.

Was at the 18s game today in Home Farm some decent performances in a game Ireland dominated but werent clinical enough. McAuley came on at half time and was decent just didnt get enough service, Aaron Bolger was brilliant in the middle very strong and a good football brain for someone so young.

Burke was decent aswel as was Coffey.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
Some very exciting prospects at underage level for us at the minute - great to see this team do so well. Must be at least partly down to Dokter as the success of the U17s and 19s can't be a coincidence.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Some very exciting prospects at underage level for us at the minute - great to see this team do so well. Must be at least partly down to Dokter as the success of the U17s and 19s can't be a coincidence.

Looking promising.

ClapCoolClap

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Next step for the Underage teams now is to qualify for the respective World Cups hopefully

Not possible this year.  the 19s are out and this is not a World Cup qualification year for the 17s.  We will however host the UEFA finals  next year at U17 level with a chance to qualify for the World Cup.   

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:07am
Absolutely brilliant, well done lads.  As I said on another thread that none of the 3 games were on TV was disgraceful. 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
It's up to the host country of the games are televised, nothing to do with the FAI

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Must be at least partly down to Dokter as the success of the U17s and 19s can't be a coincidence.
Of course it is.

The grassroots always produced (and still does) good players, but people like Packie Bonner, Don Givens etc hadn't a clue what to do with the talent that was given to them.

The PDP introduced by the Doktor will take 5-10 years but the results are starting to show now.

All we have to do is get rid of Delaney. 

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:07pm
Good to get some good news about the underage set up changes are producing results. It should see a lot of these players progress into LOI clubs as well and a few going on to get full caps

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:00pm
Drawn with Bosnia,Denmark and Belgium in Group C

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Fixtures as follows

5th may
Ireland vs Belgium (Loughborough university)

8th may
Ireland vs Denmark (Pirelli stadium burton)

11th May
Ireland vs Bosnia (st George's park)

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
Is that a good draw? Hard to know at that level.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Is that a good draw? Hard to know at that level.

Hard to to know is right but I'm in no doubt our chances of getting out of the group are a lot better in Group C than they would be were we in Group D instead of Serbia

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:02pm
Poor f**kers   

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:24pm
Ah balls! Was hoping to get to a game and can't do any of those dates. Hopefully the final is more suitable!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:31pm
Decent draw although Bosnia and Denmark knocked out France.  Definitely better to avoid Group D although we play one of their teams if we get out of the group.  Belgium are normally decent but haven't impressed and just got in.  

No way home on the night of the first 2 games but the Bosnia game is easily doable as a day trip from Dublin.  

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm
What are the kick-off times?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What are the kick-off times?

17:45
19:00
13:00

-------------

Posted By: engpad
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
What stage would we have to reach to qualify for the Under 17 World Cup from this? 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

What stage would we have to reach to qualify for the Under 17 World Cup from this? 

Top 6 ranked teams. So QFs at the very least

-------------

Posted By: engpad
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:06pm

Just read that the 2019 Under 17 World Cup qualifying places will actually be decided from next years Euros which we are hosting. 

Already qualified as hosts and automatically top seeds. Top 6 places to get to the World Cup which is then held in Peru. Be some trip 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:11pm

Just read that the 2019 Under 17 World Cup qualifying places will actually be decided from next years Euros which we are hosting. 

Already qualified as hosts and automatically top seeds. Top 6 places to get to the World Cup which is then held in Peru. Be some trip 

My bad misread it

-------------

Posted By: SimonCox
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:34am
Republic of Ireland learned their UEFA Under-17 Championship Finals fate this evening at the draw conducted in St George's Park by FAI chief executive John Delaney and Everton striker Wayne Rooney. 

I had to read that sentence 3 times before I could make sense of it.

Posted By: SimonCox
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:36am
We got a decent draw today it seems. Belgium were the lowest pot 2 team in the draw, and bosnia were the lowest in pot 1. 

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 7:00am
At this stage any draw would have been tough but I'd say it could have been a lot worse for Ireland?

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Saints Fan
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:49am
tough draw but not as tough as group D or A.it defiantly could have been a lot worse.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
Tickets for these games only cost £6.50 (£4 and £2.50 booking fee)

-------------

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:10pm
Is there any pay on the gate or is it all ticketed?

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

Not sure just know can buy tickets through the FA now

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:35pm
Will it be televised? Eurosport?

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 12:36pm
Eurosport normally do

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Fixtures as follows

5th may

8th may

11th May

Just a heads up our game v Denmark is now in St. Georges Park.  The Netherlands v Spain game in in the Pirelli Stadium instead. 

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/06/u17-euro-finals-fixtures-rundown-060418" rel="nofollow - http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/06/u17-euro-finals-fixtures-rundown-060418

Also none of our games are on TV apparently.  Indeed the tournament may not even be on TV.   

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:39am
EuroSport always shows every underage tournament, unless they have lost the rights. With it being held in England you would think BT would pick up some of the games

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
Aye 2 out of our 3 games were on Eurosport last time, someone somewhere will pick it up.. Prob still under negotiation.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:38pm
BBC might show it on the red button like they do with the women's football.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Red Button not available in Ireland anymore Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:19pm

Normally in these tournaments the same stadiums are used for TV games.  The schedule of games can be tweaked slightly to suit TV coverage.  I would imagine in this case it would only be the Football League grounds.  

I believe the Eurosport contract is up.  It may of course be renewed or somebody else may take the TV rights.    

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Fixtures as follows

5th may

8th may

11th May

Just a heads up our game v Denmark is now in St. Georges Park.  The Netherlands v Spain game in in the Pirelli Stadium instead. 

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/06/u17-euro-finals-fixtures-rundown-060418" rel="nofollow - http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/06/u17-euro-finals-fixtures-rundown-060418

Also none of our games are on TV apparently.  Indeed the tournament may not even be on TV.   

Just seen that earlier alright few of us thinking of going over for the 1st game you planning to go to any of them 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Fixtures as follows

5th may

8th may

11th May

Just seen that earlier alright few of us thinking of going over for the 1st game you planning to go to any of them 

yes hoping to do all 3 group games.  

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Red Button not available in Ireland anymore Thumbs Down

Pop out your sky card and turn the box on/offWink

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:38pm
East Midlands airport (Ryanair) only 30 mins from all venues ! 

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

East Midlands airport (Ryanair) only 30 mins from all venues ! 
Birmingham a decent option for the 3 games too 

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm
Looks like the boys will have decent support over there. Don't be afraid to post pre match boozers etc..

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:15am
Are there many going to the Belgium game ??
Going to try and get there myself if I can - Engineering works on the trains not making it easy though !

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:19pm
If you're in London, there are plenty of direct trains running on the 5th, from St Pancras to Loughborough, and some even run non-stop (they go to Sheffield and the first stop for some is Loughborough).

Now there may be works coming from other parts of the country but from London, it's straightforward and not too pricey booked in advance.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If you're in London, there are plenty of direct trains running on the 5th, from St Pancras to Loughborough, and some even run non-stop (they go to Sheffield and the first stop for some is Loughborough).

Now there may be works coming from other parts of the country but from London, it's straightforward and not too pricey booked in advance.

It's the line West from London that's my problem : Closed for big chunks of that weekend due to electrification. 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:20pm

Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

Not sure just know can buy tickets through the FA now

Per Wiki Loughborough has a capacity of 3,300.
That match is on 5.45 on a Sat bank holiday. 
Would that sell out?

The other matches are during the week.
St George’s only holds 1,500 tho.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 8:15pm
 Kick off at the week end when is the squad been named?

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:10pm
Looks like this wont be televised anywhere in whole Cry

ITV4 are showing Englands games and ESPN3 are showing a handful of bigger games (None of ours).

Id say we'll be lucky to find a few betting streams.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Looks like this wont be televised anywhere in whole Cry

ITV4 are showing Englands games and ESPN3 are showing a handful of bigger games (None of ours).

Id say we'll be lucky to find a few betting streams.

Why doesn't 1 of the Irish tv channels try get a deal to show our games even if only via online stream Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:14pm
got this from the uefa website

Official squad list

https://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2018/teams/team=400064/index.html" rel="nofollow - GOALKEEPER

NameAge
  • 1Kian Clarke16
  • 16James Hugh Corcoran16
DEFENDER
NameAge
  • 2Max Murphy16
  • 3Kameron Ledwidge17
  • 4Oisin Mcentee17
  • 5Nathan Collins17
MIDFIELDER
NameAge
  • 6Jason Knight17
  • 7Callum Thompson17
  • 8Barry Coffey17
  • 11Sean Brennan16
  • 12Marc Walsh17
  • 13Ray O'Sullivan16
  • 14Adam O'Reilly16
  • 17Tyreik Samuel Wright16
  • 18Luca John Connell17
  • 19Walter James Byrne Furlong15
  • 20Conor Grant16
FORWARD
NameAge
  • 9Adam Idah17
  • 10Troy Parrot16
  • 15Jordan John Mceneff17

Coach: Colin O'Brien (IRL)

Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

got this from the uefa website

Official squad list

https://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2018/teams/team=400064/index.html" rel="nofollow - GOALKEEPER

NameAge
  • 1Kian Clarke16
  • 16James Hugh Corcoran16
DEFENDER
NameAge
  • 2Max Murphy16
  • 3Kameron Ledwidge17
  • 4Oisin Mcentee17
  • 5Nathan Collins17
MIDFIELDER
NameAge
  • 6Jason Knight17
  • 7Callum Thompson17
  • 8Barry Coffey17
  • 11Sean Brennan16
  • 12Marc Walsh17
  • 13Ray O'Sullivan16
  • 14Adam O'Reilly16
  • 17Tyreik Samuel Wright16
  • 18Luca John Connell17
  • 19Walter James Byrne Furlong15
  • 20Conor Grant16
FORWARD
NameAge
  • 9Adam Idah17
  • 10Troy Parrot16
  • 15Jordan John Mceneff17

Coach: Colin O'Brien (IRL)

I don’t think this is the squad.

Sean Cassidy has just tweeted about how he’s looking forward to playing in the Euro’s. He’s not in this squad. 

Posted By: Saints Fan
Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:26pm
That's not the Squad for this tournament that was the pervious squad for the elite phase, Ryan Cassidy is one of the changes he has made, its all over social media so no secret on that which means another player is either injured or has lost out.

I cant imagine that 4 strikers will be brought so its hard to know who he's replaced until the squad is announced?

Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:11am
According to this - http://www.uefa.com/under17/news/newsid=2556769.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.uefa.com/under17/news/newsid=2556769.html - all games not on TV will be streamed on uefa.com, so the Ireland games should be available to watch

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net