You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turkey vs ROI-- 23rd March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
                                      O'Hara 

Coleman/Duffy/Rice/Doherty

Hendrick/Meyler

Horgan/Hourihane/McClean 
Maguire 

I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:13am
                   O’Hara
Coleman Duffy Lenihan Doherty

Browne
    Hourihane            Judge

Long            Maguire        McClean

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:41am
Would like to see something like...

First half, have a look at Doherty and Stevens as fullbacks.. Rice in midfield and Maguire feeding off Browne and Horgan who are all familiar at club level.

Doyle
Doherty   Duffy    Clark    Stevens
           Hendrick   Rice
Horgan       Browne      McClean
                  Maguire

Second, give Coleman a wee run out and push Doherty onto the wing. Drop Rice into defense and pair Lenihan and Williams as they're playing beside one another all season. Similarly Hourihane and Hogan getting to play off one another.

O'Hara
Coleman   Rice  Lenihan  Williams
Doherty  Hendrick  Hourihane McClean
                       Hogan
                      Maguire          

With something like the above, we'd learn a lot in a short amount of time without making whole sale changes and without the game going to the dogs.

IMO we need to look at 3 vital positions, a right winger from Horgan, Doherty or Robinson as Brady is pants playing there. A ball playing / creative midfielder in Hourihane/Browne/Kelly to replace Hoolahan and of course, a Striker who can score. We're relatively ok in all other areas.

Edited by valo88 - 20 Mar 2018 at 12:43am
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:26am
Current odds
Turkey : Evens
Ireland : 3/1 or a bit over
Draw : 2/1 or a bit over
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Current odds
Turkey : Evens
Ireland : 3/1 or a bit over
Draw : 2/1 or a bit over

International friendlies aren't something I would bet on

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To me, Pearce was a good player who has just struggled since leaving Reading. In 2012-2014 he was worthy of a place in the squad and could have pushed towards a starting berth. But we are past that now, and on form and selection Keogh and Egan should be in there while Declan Rice also offers a potential partner to Duffy/Clark.

I'd agree with that, Pearce is a good player and gets unfair stick, but the fact Keogh is ahead of him at Derby, and Egan is younger and has reasonable potential, means he shouldn't be in the squad.

McCarey is the really bizarre inclusion. He's had a few chances for Ross County (who are bottom of the SPL) this season but has been invariably dropped for repetitive mistakes. Rogers, Lawlor, and O'Malley are 3 other youngish keepers off the top of my head that are significantly better than he is. I'd even have looked to the LOI and taken Micheal Schlingermann ahead of him!

Schlingerman was on bench first few games of the season. They got some Beeney lad on loan who is supposed to be pretty good...Think he might have started last couple of games. Too good to be bench warming in LOI, not good enough to step up a level though of what I've seen
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:59am
Played against Bohs on Friday, kicking was decent and came and collected a couple of crosses/corners. Didn't see enough to be able to say if he could play at a higher level though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:24pm
He's the best Irish keeper in the LOI by a stretch imo; an excellent shot stopper and decent handling too. His biggest problem is that he's only 5'11.5, which has probably turned a few English clubs off him.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:01pm
If he is measuring himself in half inches it would put a lot of people off him alright.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:28pm
So sayeth his wikipedia page, he'd be better rounding up if you ask me!
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:02pm
Doyle; Coleman Duffy Clark; Doherty Hourihane O'Kane McClean; Hendrick; Maguire Hogan
Steve Shrewd View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:57pm
                     O'Hara

Duffy  Rice  Clark

Doherty                              Stevens

Browne Meyler Hendrick

Hogan    Maguire

Would start with this team and see how we do with this formation

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:28pm
Its a pity o'dowda is injured for this one. Would have liked to see him starting.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Its a pity o'dowda is injured for this one. Would have liked to see him starting.

I think this was an important game for him. Like Hourihane (from the bench) he has been involved in important games, but is yet to cement his place.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:21pm
Looking forward to watching this one. Would love to see a real experimental side. Give the new boys a taste of it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:34pm
This on the box ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:39pm
RTE 2.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:45pm
It will be interesting to see the comments on here if they get a tonking
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>
  Share Topic