You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Golf Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

I almost feel that rory's career would be seen as a failure if he doesn't complete the slam. completely ridiculous considering he's won four majors and multiple other events including race to Dubai and fedex cup, but considering it's made to be such a big deal every year the masters comes around, and that it's not far off from discussion when talking about him, it just seems that it would follow him around. much like fat monty and westwood never winning a major.

It only seems recently it has become a BIG thing.
You’d rather win 5 majors than all 4.

Big Phil just needs the US Open (I think he has been RU 5/6 times)
Spieth just needs the USPGA

Ben Hogan and Gary Player never managed it.

Rory just needs to focus on winning majors and not the slam. He needs to pass Faldo as the No.1 European (he has 6)
good point there, I think player has won all 4 majors
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:22pm
Your right Player and Hogan did win all 4.

Walter Hagen (11), Watson (8), Palmer , Snead and Tom Watson all on 7 just missed out by one major.

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

If I was forced to go for a pint with one of the players in contention last night, Patrick Reed would be an easy choice. 

McIlroy will never win the US Masters. He's had a complex about Augusta since he spectacularly blew it in 2011. He was in a perfect position going into the final round - a position where he was within striking distance and could attack rather than have to defend, and he was out of it by end of the first nine. 

BBC's coverage blew Sky out of the water, as always. A perfect example of why we pay the licence fee to the national broadcaster. 

We shall never hear Peter Alliss's like again. 

Not crazy about that new Scottish woman who's replaced the other Scottish woman.

Delighted with the result and someone with a bit of a different character who doesn't lick up to everyone, winning it. Incredible how unpopular he seemed with the crowd especially considering he's from the south. His wife seems like one of those wacko merchants sportsmen often marry.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 09 Apr 2018 at 1:27pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:26pm
McIlroy choking at the Masters, a great sight. Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:20pm
I see the begrudgers from the Rugby and U2 threads have found a new home
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by daraghj82 daraghj82 wrote:

I almost feel that rory's career would be seen as a failure if he doesn't complete the slam. completely ridiculous considering he's won four majors and multiple other events including race to Dubai and fedex cup, but considering it's made to be such a big deal every year the masters comes around, and that it's not far off from discussion when talking about him, it just seems that it would follow him around. much like fat monty and westwood never winning a major.

Rory just needs to focus on winning majors and not the slam. He needs to pass Faldo as the No.1 European (he has 6)

It was on TV the other night.

Sarazen, Hogan, Player, Nicklaus and Woods.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Odd coincidence that 5 men have also won the 4 tennis grand slams.
Laver, Agassi, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
I don't think I'll ever tire of making this point golfers should never be allowed remove their hats during the game, and more so after it. They all look like freaks with their zombie foreheads
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I got the feeling McIlroy threw his very expensively endorsed hat at it after the 11th hole, knew he wasn't going to win and wanted out of there.......

Classic McIlroy move. If he had Spieths mental game and sheer will and determination he'd dominate the game.

Until he sorts the bit between the ears then these collapses will keep happening
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
why is yesterday described as a collapse he was a good few shots behind, he shot +2. Spieth had two crap rounds in between two goodones.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

why is yesterday described as a collapse he was a good few shots behind, he shot +2. Spieth had two crap rounds in between two goodones.

+1

He hardly bottled it.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

+1

He hardly bottled it.

He had a 4 foot putt at the second to put himself level with Reed, he was saying after the round on Saturday how all the pressure was on Reed and he was looking forward to chasing him down which he did but then when the prsssure was on he wilted and didn't even put up a challenge, 4th worst score of the day tells you all! While you look at Reed after each bogey he responded with a birdie at the next hole or the one after! Mentally he's a lot stronger than Rory.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:40pm
These lads like Reed and Spieth that are supposedly so much stronger than McIlroy mentally, will be passing his majors tally fairly soon I assume

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Apr 2018 at 5:41pm
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:46pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

http://www.golf.com/knockdown/2018/04/08/masters-patrick-reed-estranged-family-complex-mix-emotions

That's a really horrible article for a website called 'Golf.com' to be publishing. Who cares why he doesn't talk to his parents, that is surely his decision and none of their business!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Odd coincidence that 5 men have also won the 4 tennis grand slams.
Laver, Agassi, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.

And Perry, Budge and Emerson, albeit they were before the Open era.

Those five named above won in the Open era. That's the last fifty years.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

http://www.golf.com/knockdown/2018/04/08/masters-patrick-reed-estranged-family-complex-mix-emotions

That's a really horrible article for a website called 'Golf.com' to be publishing. Who cares why he doesn't talk to his parents, that is surely his decision and none of their business!

Article/page deleted,PM?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

These lads like Reed and Spieth that are supposedly so much stronger than McIlroy mentally, will be passing his majors tally fairly soon I assume

Spieth will certainly surpass him. I'd be shocked if Spieth doesn't have at least 10 majors by the time he walks away from competitive golf.

Spieth is 4 years younger than Rory so don't let the fact he currently has less than him be a factor. He won't be long catching up.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 09 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>
  Share Topic