You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Golf Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

These lads like Reed and Spieth that are supposedly so much stronger than McIlroy mentally, will be passing his majors tally fairly soon I assume

LOL I was thinking the exact same wtf, Spieth had a great lead after round 1. Total bottler he is and who can remember his collapse at Augusta a few years ago

There is some amount of Eamonn Dunphy's on here

Difference being Spieth has already won at Augusta and knows he is going to win another Masters, McIlroy will always have question marks over him at Augusta until he wins.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Fair enough, he is a better putter than McIlroy and probably will surpass his majors tally. However, his meltdown that time at Augusta two years ago was as bad as McIlroys in 2011, or 2012 whenever it was IMO.
He also seems to be in contention for a lot of majors in the past couple of years and hasn't won them, but yet he has this amazing mental strength supposedly. 

People trying to say McIlroy had a meltdown or bottled it on Sunday night are wide of the mark IMO also.

Agreed, Mcllroy didn’t collapse on Sunday. He just played babdly. He never got going and the puts he was making on Saturday didn’t go in.

However IMO Mcllroys meltdown a few years back was worse than Spieths.
He completely lost it over a number of holes and lost total confidence with his putting. He was leading after 9 holes and didn’t finish in the top 10. Was +7 for the back 9.

Spieth messed up on one hole but he birdied two of the next three. He finished 2nd.
Of course he should have won but Willet was -3 over the last 6 holes. He played well.
Correct. Spieth literally had a bad hole. Unfortunately for him there happened to be water on the hole so the damage was far greater than on any other hole at Augusta.

Also agree with earlier sentiments from both. Spieth will win more Masters. In fact I reckon he will surpass Tiger and the other 4 time winners.
Rory will win more majors than Faldo too. In fact I reckon he might add another US Open to his collection this year.

Speith made a balls of the water hole last year too on the last day hence why he celebrated like he'd made a hole in one this year when he got over it unscathed this year.

Shot Par, Par, Par, Birdie on the 12th this year
He'll definitely win more Masters - 2,1,2,11,3 in five years - some going in fairness
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

These lads like Reed and Spieth that are supposedly so much stronger than McIlroy mentally, will be passing his majors tally fairly soon I assume

LOL I was thinking the exact same wtf, Spieth had a great lead after round 1. Total bottler he is and who can remember his collapse at Augusta a few years ago

There is some amount of Eamonn Dunphy's on here

Difference being Spieth has already won at Augusta and knows he is going to win another Masters, McIlroy will always have question marks over him at Augusta until he wins.

The point is about bottlers and mentality and other crap. McIllroy had a poor final round nothing more nothing less 

McIllroy's main issue is his putting isn't good enough, he'd have 2-3 majors now if that was up to scratch 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:27pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio]These lads like Reed and Spieth that are supposedly so much stronger than McIlroy mentally, will be passing his majors tally fairly soon I assume

Yea I'd imagine Spieth will alright.

We will see.

Spieths mental strength wasn’t so good when he totally collapsed to let Danny Willet win the masters a few years ago

Literally the only time that has ever happened to Spieth where as McIlroy is a repeat offender.

Spieth indeed had a meltdown on the 12th hole that year thought he showed great mental strength to come back and birdie the 13th and 15th hole.

Another time when Spieth showed great mental strength was the final round of his Open win last year when he was level with Kuchar after 12 holes, on the 13th he took an unplayable, took relief from the trailers and made a fantastic bogey to trail Kuchar and followed that up on the next five holes with birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie, par to win by 3 shots.

Spieth's ability to bounce back from major set backs is what puts him ahead of McIlroy.

——————————————————————————-

Rory had a ‘mare at the 2011 Masters.
But 2 months later he won the US Open by 8 strokes.
That’s one hell of a bounce back.
Hopefully they (Spieth/McIlroy) will both be winning majors every year for the next 10-15 years to rival Nicklaus/Palmer/ Player...Nicklaus/Watson and Tiger.....???

Who won most majors since Tiger won the Masters in 1997?
Spieth/McIlroy/Harrington/Mickelson??

Spieth/McIlroy genuine winning rivalry would set golf up for the next 15 yrs, TV networks/sponsors will be chucking buckets of cash at golf coverage.
USA v Europe..... Good v Evil

Edited by GB 1HughJarse - 10 Apr 2018 at 7:29pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
Since Woods won 1997 Masters.

Mickelson 5
McIlroy      4
Singh        3
Els            3
Spieth       3
Kaymer     2
O’Meara   2
Goosen    2
Cabrera    2
Bubba      2
Zach        2

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:48pm
Tiger -8 for the day after 12 holes at Sawgrass.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Tiger -8 for the day after 12 holes at Sawgrass.

-9 is the course record

I seen his eagle in the first round. He still has it!

Would like to see him win a few more PGA tournaments.
He has been stuck on 79 for a few years now. The record is 82.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:54pm
Tiger has played really well this week at the players.
Great to have him back.

Simpson has a 7 shot lead and shot a 63 already this week.
It’s going to be hard to catch him.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Tiger has played really well this week at the players.
Great to have him back.

Simpson has a 7 shot lead and shot a 63 already this week.
It’s going to be hard to catch him.

He was poor on Thursday and Friday and still got himself in a good position late on Sunday (bar Simpson running away with it) the signs are good.

Good to see Justin Thomas take over the world number 1 spot.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 14 May 2018 at 7:32am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:34am
Have Sky Sports bought back the rights to the USPGA in August yet?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Have Sky Sports bought back the rights to the USPGA in August yet?

BBC have it afaik

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 May 2018 at 10:10am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:35pm
Urgh. That probably means they'll put it behind the red button, screwing over anyone watching on UPC.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Urgh. That probably means they'll put it behind the red button, screwing over anyone watching on UPC.

Or Sky. 

Bastards took it off Sky Ireland just before the last Summer Olympics Angry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:27am
US Open starts tomorrow.

It’s very hard to call but I hope woods does well.
Will do some research tonight and throw on a few bets.

Dustin Johnson is surely due another major.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:36am
I've backed Alex Noren, Jon Rahm and Jason Day as my main bets.

Have also had a small bet on Jimmy Walker and Tiger ew
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:18am
Stenson
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:43am
To avoid the traffic around the US Open Tiger arrived in his 'Dinghy' and will be staying on itLOL go whan the TigerClap
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Backed Spieth, Mickelson, Fowler and Day!

Would be great to have Tiger in contention too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
  Share Topic