World Cup 2018 Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

France have looked good,maybe Deschamps has finally got it right.

With the players he has available to him it’s bound to click at some stage.
True, he seemed determined to f**k it up until now though. I was impressed second half though. They would have won without Muslera's howler and Uruguay are a tough team to look comfortable against.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:02pm

With the players he has available to him it’s bound to click at some stage.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:51pm
For value, Uruguay to win & Sweden to qualify double 15/1

All teams today to score 7/2
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:18pm
I threw in a fiver with a few of us for Sweden to win in 90 mins at 7/2
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 1:58pm
Yeah, Brazil in 90 minutes is a sound bet.

Goals win games but defence wins championships - and Brazil have the defence. Certainly, Belgium look a lot more rickety, despite the talent available.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 1:48pm
France and under 2.5 and Brazil to win double 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 1:28pm
I'll be backing a Brazil win in 90mins. The Belgium defence will give up more chances than the Brazil one, and both teams have great attacks, so if Belgium were to get a draw or win it would mean Brazil having one of those days and Belgium been clinical, it happens. So I'll drop my bet amount to smaller than my previous Brazil to win bets 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:43am
Really haven't a clue how any of the qf's will go so just a few small pot shots for me:

2 or more draws in the QF'
2 or more QF's to have more than 2.5 goals

And my "no knockout game to be won in ET" is still rolling
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Brazil to win to nil
Uruguay to qualify 

Double 9-1
Brave but anythings possible the way this WC has gone
Think there'll be a few goals in the Brazil game & that France will win so might do Over 2.5 & France @ 3/1
Just an interest bet based on my predictions for today. Tabarez is much wilier than Deschamps, who struggles whenever he comes against a coach with a gameplan. I can see Kanté  and Pogba dominating midfield, but there is no way Mbappé will get the space he did against Argentina.

In the other one, I can't see past a facile Brazil victory. They are starting to click up-front and look rock solid at the back. Tite looks like a man who knows what he is doing, Martinez looks like a man who left the immersion on. I think Brazil will win this tournament without having to play to their best.

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:34am

Brazil to win to nil
Uruguay to qualify 

Double 9-1
Brave but anythings possible the way this WC has gone
Think there'll be a few goals in the Brazil game & that France will win so might do Over 2.5 & France @ 3/1
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:54am
Brazil to win to nil
Uruguay to qualify 

Double 9-1
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:29am
2 draws today. 9.5/1
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The only reason England are so short in the betting is because of the side of the draw they’re on when factoring in potential opposition.

It’s not that massive amounts of money are coming for England from punters thats making their odds dramatically lessen.
Yeah exactly, the odds are a calculation based on the odds of each game. Seeing as they're favorites for the first game, probably even for the second, they're really only underdogs for one.

Whereas Uruguay would be underdogs in 3 games
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
The only reason England are so short in the betting is because of the side of the draw they’re on when factoring in potential opposition.

It’s not that massive amounts of money are coming for England from punters thats making their odds dramatically lessen.

I see they’re now gone out to 9/2 with Powers!

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sharpshooter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharpshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:01am
According to UK bookies England are now second favourites at 4/1 or 7/2 depending on the bookie.  There's a lot of optimism in the UK they're going to do this it appears!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:19am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It also depends on them keeping the price the same throughout the shootout - I've no doubt they'll change the odds if it goes to sudden death and the like. The odds on a jobbing centre half, or a keeper, missing their penalty are a lot lower than 3/1 anyway.

I'm surprised the odds wouldn't reflect the situation the particular penalty was taken in either. I can't remember where I heard it, think it might have been on OTB, but for example apparently the success rates for penalties that are required to keep a side in the shoot-out (so sudden death when the opposition has just scored before you) are actually down below 50% I think. Whereas the conversion rates when a successful penalty will actually clinch the shoot-out are apparently up over the standard average at 80-something per cent.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I was betting on the England shootout the other night, every kick was 3/1 or 14/3.

Never got lower than that.

You can bet on it up to the point a player enters the penalty box to place the ball, so usually got 45 seconds or so between kicks.

Obviously a few pitfalls, but I've seen people do this previously for draws (keep backing a team to draw, doubling the stake each week they don't), this is a faster and higher odds version of that.

It will hit 2/1 eventually in sudden death, saw a thing with PP traders before explaining the pricing of it.

Just need to hope it's settled in 10 pens or less.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
  Share Topic