URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56139
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 2:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup 2018 Betting
Posted By: Green Devil
Subject: World Cup 2018 Betting
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:41pm
Anyone backing Ante-Post?

I've €40 on Brazil so far at 5/1, hoping to have €200/€300 on them by the tournament. 

I'd only have the odd bet here and there over the course of a week nowadays so I can see the benefit in throwing €10/€20 by the week and having one big bet on a team.

http://https://www.paddypower.com/football/fifa-world-cup-2018?tab=outrights" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.paddypower.com/football/fifa-world-cup-2018?tab=outrights

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Replies:
Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:21pm
If I was having a bet anytime from last summer up to the actual ko of the World Cup, I would have been all over Brazil. They tick every single box when you watched them during qualifying. The actual tournament is light years away though, form, injuries, etc. - so I was very tempted to keep ploughing away into Brazil outright bit by bit but decided against it based on the above. Iirc correctly Brazil were between 6s and 7s thorughout 2016, which was a great price for a side I'd consider favs at that time.

I really think the best thing is to hold firm until closer to ko. Argentina who were absolutely horrible in qualifying are an interesting one. They have a very tough group in the world cup and I actually think that will stand to them if they get through it.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:45pm
World Cup Finals betting, a Cultural Bias environment.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:51pm
Europe again. Germany, France or Spain. I’ll be backing Spain.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:18pm
Argentina could do it. Messi higuain dybala icardi aguero di maria. Thats some list alone.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Argentina could do it. Messi higuain dybala icardi aguero di maria. Thats some list alone.

They couldn't do it against the likes of Venezuela or Bolivia, they're one of the last teams I'd look at.

Argentina are overdue a good thumping for their unpunished pathetic qualifying campaign, Messi will carry them (as per) a few rounds in then the good thumping will take place.

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:22pm
Going for Germany outright and e/w on Argentina

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
France have an excellent team plenty of talented young players who had a good run at Euros
No real weak spot in their team although Deschamps wouldn't fill me with confidence.

There price is now 6s but was value before Xmas at 11s.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

They couldn't do it against the likes of Venezuela or Bolivia, they're one of the last teams I'd look at.

Argentina are overdue a good thumping for their unpunished pathetic qualifying campaign, Messi will carry them (as per) a few rounds in then the good thumping will take place.
i feel it in me bones

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:02am

i feel it in me bones

Argentina were doing what they, Brazil and plenty of other huge national sides had done many times in the past - employed a manager way out of their depth. They ditched Bauza and brought in Sampaoli to save their campaign and they just about managed it.

With the few weeks before the tournament together, friendlies and those 3 tough group games in the World Cup, they will be well primed for the knockout rounds if they make it there. Sampaoli has proved himself to be a top international manager. He really hasn't yet had the chance to put his stamp on this side. When he does, with the talent available to them, they could be a serious contender yet.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:32am
I'll be having a nibble on Spain at 15/2

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:36am
Fancy Belgium and Germany...will be supporting Argentina.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

i feel it in me bones

Argentina were doing what they, Brazil and plenty of other huge national sides had done many times in the past - employed a manager way out of their depth. They ditched Bauza and brought in Sampaoli to save their campaign and they just about managed it.

With the few weeks before the tournament together, friendlies and those 3 tough group games in the World Cup, they will be well primed for the knockout rounds if they make it there. Sampaoli has proved himself to be a top international manager. He really hasn't yet had the chance to put his stamp on this side. When he does, with the talent available to them, they could be a serious contender yet.

The problem lies in the midfield, its actually non-existant. Di Maria does things no one understands, Sampaoli called up Gago to try and restore a bit of common sense to the midfield but he ruptured his ACL after 6 minutes, so that plan went to sh*t basically.

The burden of sharing the goals is probably another concern, the unknown Benedetto instead of playing Dybala or Icardi missing chance after chance after Messi kept serving them up on a plate against Peru like he was some sort of AI (the assists were that good) was pretty horrifying to see.  

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
I'm liking Argentina's odds. I'm thinking fairy tale messi (seeing as it will be his last).
Aguerro 25/1 so it's an amazing double.

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:58am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There has been 10 world cups held in Europe.
A European team has won 9 times and 17 of the Finalists were European.

The Germans or France for me.

Belgium to get to the quarterfinals.

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:43am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I'll be having a nibble on Spain at 15/2

Likewise, getting Thiago back from injury is hugely important would also be good if Diego Costa started banging in a few goals!

They are strong all over, if they put this team out I can't see anyone beating them!

De Gea, Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Thiago, Isco, Asensio and Costa.

Could probably make a good case for starting David Silva, Azpilicueta and Saul too.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There has been 10 world cups held in Europe.
A European team has won 9 times and 17 of the Finalists were European.

The Germans or France for me.

Belgium to get to the quarterfinals.

What continent the WC is held in owadays doesn’t matter any more because players play all over the world now.
2010 Spain won in Africa
2014 Germany won in Sth America

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:00am
One page of "sensible" football fans posting their tips and about 5 teams chosen. It's a wide open tournament. Bookies will love it.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

One page of "sensible" football fans posting their tips and about 5 teams chosen. It's a wide open tournament. Bookies will love it.

These are the favs
Germany  5/1
Brazil 5/1
France 6/1
Spain 8/1
Argentina 9/1

I don't see anybody else winning it.
I would actually take out Argentina and say the winner will be one of the top4

Next favs are Belgium (12), England (20) and Portugal (29).

-------------

Posted By: engpad
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:49am
Golden boot winner? 

Mo Salah an outsider? 

Harry Kane?

Posted By: LovelyLiam
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
Couldn’t go too far wrong by backing muller top scorer and Germany to reach the final. Germany so consistent in the big tournaments. Would love to see Argentina play to the way their individual talent would suggest they could but unlikely to happen. Any thoughts on dark horse? I reckon Nigeria and Mexico could cause a lot of issues for the bigger teams.

-------------
"They found me in a shop"

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Golden boot winner? 

Mo Salah an outsider? 

Harry Kane?

Doubt Salah/Egypt will make it out of their group so top GS will be a stretch.

France/Greizemann should be good value but for some reason no bookie has that priced up(per oddschecker)

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:16pm
Salenko in 94 was the only person to ever win the golden boot without making it out of the group stage.

As one-hit wonders go he's got to be right up there. The were the only international goals he scored, and the game he scored 5 was the last international game he ever played

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:24pm

Salenko in 94 was the only person to ever win the golden boot without making it out of the group stage.

As one-hit wonders go he's got to be right up there. The were the only international goals he scored, and the game he scored 5 was the last international game he ever played

Interesting character alright. From his Wiki page:

"As of 2017, he is the only player to win the Golden Boot at both the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-20_World_Cup" rel="nofollow - - FIFA World Cup ."

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Interesting character alright. From his Wiki page:

"As of 2017, he is the only player to win the Golden Boot at both the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-20_World_Cup" rel="nofollow - - FIFA World Cup ."
Roger Milla scored in that game becoming the oldest player to score in the World Cup. Some damn fine records broken in that game.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:20pm
Brazil haven't won their cup in a while they are due to take it home again

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:11pm
I'm thinking France or Brazil myself if not either of them then can't look past the Germans again

Posted By: willGUFC
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:22pm
Brazil for me, players like Coutinho, Neymar, gabriel Jesus, firmino, Willian in attack and a choice of Marcelo, Dani Alves, Danilo and Filipe Luis at full back

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:06pm
Jesus will be very fresh for the Finals, back him for the Golden Boot available at 20/1 think I'll be getting on that myself as soon as I hear he's got a return date with Man City 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:14pm
Brazil, France or Ze Germans.

You can never write the Germans off at a major finals

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Jesus will be very fresh for the Finals, back him for the Golden Boot available at 20/1 think I'll be getting on that myself as soon as I hear he's got a return date with Man City 
He isn't great on crosses.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:48pm
Anyone thinking of having a few bets on outright markets the RP guide is brilliant. I have bought it for the last few tournaments, it gives a great round up of each team with some good articles as well.

Usually about a tenner, be out April/May if previous years are anything to go by.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He isn't great on crosses.

He is nailed on to win it.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
Do like the look of Brazil. 

There's so many #10's in the squad it's not even an issue if Neymar or Jesus gets injured - They've had Coutinho there, Firmino there and even Paulinho have a stormer there.
Casemiro and Fernandinho have had great seasons for their respective clubs which solidifies that midfield.

It'll take some doing to beat them.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:45pm

There's so many #10's in the squad it's not even an issue if Neymar or Jesus gets injured - They've had Coutinho there, Firmino there and even Paulinho have a stormer there.
Casemiro and Fernandinho have had great seasons for their respective clubs which solidifies that midfield.

If Neymar gets injured they are f**ked.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

If Neymar gets injured they are f**ked.

A massive issue if Neymer gets injured their best and most influencial player. No doubt they have a good team and will rightly be one of the favourites.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 1:51pm
Ten minute discussion on soccer saturday about whether England could actually win the world cup.Mainly based on the incredible form of Harry Kane.20/1. Worth a few bitcoins? Big smile

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Ten minute discussion on soccer saturday about whether England could actually win the world cup.Mainly based on the incredible form of Harry Kane.20/1. Worth a few bitcoins? Big smile

Not a hope

Mediocre team and a clueless manager.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:12am
Beginning to think Salah's form could help Egypt cause some upsets this summer. 

They got the easiest group, Russia, Uruguay and Saudis. Few goals from Salah should carry them out of that.

After that they'd meet someone from the group with Spain and Portugal. Wouldn't give them much chance to beat Spain, but could do a job on Portugal.

Bit far fetched to think Salah could get golden boot after 4/5 games (40/1), but getting out of the group (6/4) should be a given IMO

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
Egypt are 7/2 v Russia in second game.... 

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:33am
Not a hope of getting that game. Vlad wouldn't be a happy bunny if Russia didn't get anything from that game. It'll be like 2002 all over again when the Koreans got an awful lot of decisions in their favour 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:03pm
Ramadan ends the night of the first match, so they won't have any dietary concerns. However, it is likely that their entire squad will have been fasting during sunlight hours for the entire month leading up to the tournament. How much that affects their preparations and fitness is anyone's guess. You'd assume they have training sessions in the morning shortly after sunrise (and an hour or so after having eaten) but it is bound to have some manner of an effect.

I know players observe Ramadan on a regular basis in England and elsewhere but this is a bit different. It's a small thing when you have one or two players on the team, and the effect may not be noticeable (as happens in the EPL). It's also different when you have teams entirely composed of those observing Ramadan (say in the Egyptian league). But it's unusual enough to have a national team that is entirely affected playing another with no affected players.

It would obviously be more of a factor if Ramadan was during the World Cup but it might still have an effect.

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:04pm
Saw the Panini World Cup sticker album for sale yesterday in a shop.
Nearly broke my heart.
Just can’t do it this tournament, still dismayed over the second Denmark game.
If we had qualified I’d be all over it.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ramadan ends the night of the first match, so they won't have any dietary concerns. However, it is likely that their entire squad will have been fasting during sunlight hours for the entire month leading up to the tournament. How much that affects their preparations and fitness is anyone's guess. You'd assume they have training sessions in the morning shortly after sunrise (and an hour or so after having eaten) but it is bound to have some manner of an effect.

I know players observe Ramadan on a regular basis in England and elsewhere but this is a bit different. It's a small thing when you have one or two players on the team, and the effect may not be noticeable (as happens in the EPL). It's also different when you have teams entirely composed of those observing Ramadan (say in the Egyptian league). But it's unusual enough to have a national team that is entirely affected playing another with no affected players.

It would obviously be more of a factor if Ramadan was during the World Cup but it might still have an effect.
Looks like they're getting a pass:
http://www.egyptindependent.com/national-team-players-not-required-to-fast-in-world-cup-matches-during-ramadan-egypt-mufti/" rel="nofollow - http://www.egyptindependent.com/national-team-players-not-required-to-fast-in-world-cup-matches-during-ramadan-egypt-mufti/

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:29am
€200 on Brazil now between 5/1 and 9/2!

I’ll probably go another ton or two before it starts! 

I really think Spain won’t be too far off, no one seems to be talking about them! 

All i”m hearing is about France, Germany and Brazil! 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:04am
Have Muller (25/1) and Mbappe (40/1) backed e/w for the Golden Boot, both odds seem to be very high for the players

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not a hope of getting that game. Vlad wouldn't be a happy bunny if Russia didn't get anything from that game. It'll be like 2002 all over again when the Koreans got an awful lot of decisions in their favour 
This.

I would not like to be a Ref at this World Cup.

Poisoned umbrella up the hole 3 months later.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:25am
If that Russian group is refereed fairly, there is a massive chance the hosts won't get past the group stage. Serious value in that as well imo, if anyone out there has faith in the standard of refereeing LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:30am
Thomas Muller at 25-1 is crazy the lad loves a World Cup

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:16am
Any bookmakers offering odds on top Goalscorer/Winner double but they don't have to come from the same team? Can't seem to find any prices.

Looking to do Griezmann/Spain double.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:50am

Any bookmakers offering odds on top Goalscorer/Winner double but they don't have to come from the same team? Can't seem to find any prices.

There is a few bookies doing it (not the bet you want though yet), I'd say it will be more available closer to the tournament.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner-top-goalscorer-double" rel="nofollow - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner-top-goalscorer-double

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

There is a few bookies doing it (not the bet you want though yet), I'd say it will be more available closer to the tournament.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner-top-goalscorer-double" rel="nofollow - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner-top-goalscorer-double

Good man Hunty, will keep an eye out.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:30am

Brazil/Second Coming would be my choice 

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:38am

Yes PP always do, wait til closer the time.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Brazil/Germany/Spain and France are the favourites but low odds.

Anybody think another team has a realistic chance?
I just don’t see Argentina / Belgium or Portugal winning it.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Cheers

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:19pm

Brazil/Second Coming would be my choice 

I can see Jesus and Firmino rotating for that striker role, want to back a player who should play every minute.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:21pm

I wouldn't rule Argentina out, handy group and they have Messi! Saying that they will need to improve quickly at the back and in midfield.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:37pm

I wouldn't rule Argentina out, handy group and they have Messi! Saying that they will need to improve quickly at the back and in midfield.
Would have said that Argentina have by far the toughest group on the tournament myself. If they come through it though, it will stand to them massively in the knock outs.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Would have said that Argentina have by far the toughest group on the tournament myself. If they come through it though, it will stand to them massively in the knock outs.

Right you are, got them mixed up with France for some reason.

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:05pm
Colombia could be worth a punt for an outsider, should win their group easily and are likely to play England in the last 16.

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Cheers

80/1 with PP now

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:41pm
Anyone have already or intends on having a punt on certain markets for the World Cup?

I've €200 on Brazil thus far, small few quid on them e/w too!

Lukaku as top goalscorer is sticking out, Cavani/Suarez could run riot in Group A.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:13pm
A hat trick against anyone in the group stages can see someone having four or five in the group stages - given that six is probably enough for the top scorer, anyone with some (really) weak opposition in their group stands a good chance of being top scorer.

I'm looking at South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Australia in particular. Panama could ship a few but I think the others are weaker. Suarez and Griezmann would be the top two picks, with (maybe) Thomas Muller having a chance as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Anyone have already or intends on having a punt on certain markets for the World Cup?

Lukaku as top goalscorer is sticking out, Cavani/Suarez could run riot in Group A.

I think Lukaku is a good ew bet at 20s.Belgium could run riot vs Panama and Tunisia in the group games and he is the main striker. 

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:35pm

Lukaku Ouch

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:36pm
A bet i often do during tournaments is team top goalscorer. Can get a nice 3 or 4 player accum going for a bit of interest. 

Will do a few top group/qualify bets as well.

My main bet will be Spain outright. 

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Lukaku Ouch

Lukaku has a excellent goalscoring for the national team. 1 in 2.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:10am
He isn’t good enough to be top scorer. How many did he score in the euro’s?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:35am

€200 on Brazil thus far?! Shocked That's some serious airgead to be backing a team that's nowhere near clear favourite. 

For your sake GD, I hope the win it LOLWink

Not a hope Lukaku will be top scorer imo

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:08am
Some good value in the top scorer for each nation. For example, Shaqiri is 2nd favourite at 5/1 for Switzerland despite Seferovic being hopeless in front of goal more often than not

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:35am
Spain winners 8/1
Griezmann/Spain double 125/1
Spain/Brazil finalists 18/1
Colombia To reach QF 21/10

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

€200 on Brazil thus far?! Shocked That's some serious airgead to be backing a team that's nowhere near clear favourite. 

Umm Brazil are the favourites ya spanner

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:54am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

A bet i often do during tournaments is team top goalscorer. Can get a nice 3 or 4 player accum going for a bit of interest. 

Did that myself

Jesus/Kane/Guerrero/Lewandowski/Al-Sahlawi (Saudi)/Ronaldo/Eriksen

Also did group winners - Spain, France, Uruguay, Arg, Germany, Belgium, Brazil

Backed a few other things as well

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Umm Brazil are the favourites ya spanner

Brazil are only half a point favorites.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

He isn’t good enough to be top scorer. How many did he score in the euro’s?

Do you not remember the 2 he scored in the Euro's ?

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:04am
Ideally you want somebody like Lukaku who will be the main striker and he does have Debruyne and Hazard behind him.
But I don’t think he will take the Peno’s.

Suerez and cavani may spread the goals for Uruguay. Same with Neymar/Jesus. I’ll put some cash on Griezmann.

I think golden ball is a good bet. 
FIFA really want one of Neymar/Messi or Ronaldo to win it.
I can see Brazil at least getting to the semi finals so will put some cash on Neymar.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 2:51pm

Clap never done that one before, a good idea

-------------

Posted By: randyrandolph
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 3:56pm
not a gambling man but fancy the french so will have a few quid on France and Neymar at 66s

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 5:05pm
Lads what bookies are offering odds on a teams top scorer?

-------------
YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Lads what bookies are offering odds on a teams top scorer?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup" rel="nofollow - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup

Click there and go to 'Team Specials'. You'll see what odds are being offered on the country's top scorer.

No Iran goalscorer at 6s is very nice

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 5:50pm

Clap never done that one before, a good idea

DH rules can ruin a bet but it gives an interest in plenty of games.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:51am
I've a few bets down so far.

Group A to have the most goal 9/1
Griezmann, Messi and Neymar to score 3 or more at 6/1
Brazil to be the highest scorers in the comp 9/2

Have a group winner acca and a to qualify from the group acca aswell

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:46am
Have a rake of bets on. A lot of 1 euros like dualcast accumulators, name the semi finalists and winner/goalscorer doubles. Great odds to chase.  
Just need one of the best come in to break even and maybe one of the wild predictions comes to play and make a nice profit. 
Either way it's all a bit of fun 

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:58am
I just have a score on Spain @ 6/1. Might do one or two others before the tournament starts. Will bet on most games during the World Cup anyway.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:08am
France Spain Germany and Brazil to be the 4 semi finalists. got it ay 40/1 . now down to 33/1.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
Just done another bet there, slightly under 20/1

Uruguay to win group
Brazil to win group
Germany to win group
Poland to qualify from group
Belgium to win group
Portugal to qualify from group
France to win group
Croatia to qualify from group

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I've a few bets down so far.

Group A to have the most goal 9/1
Griezmann, Messi and Neymar to score 3 or more at 6/1
Brazil to be the highest scorers in the comp 9/2

Have a group winner acca and a to qualify from the group acca aswell

Uruguay, France, Brazil, Argies and Germany to win the group is one of the accas. 11/2

Sweden, Egypt, Poland and Croatia to qualify the other acca. 14/1

Brazil/Argentina final at 22/1 also

Few 2 euro bets thrown on top goalscorer market too. Timo Werner, Costa and Suarez

173 tournament goals at 28/1 another cheeky 2 euro

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:40am
Anyone know where I can get a market for least goals conceded? Fancy Uruguay for this.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a market for least goals conceded? Fancy Uruguay for this.

I’d say Golden Glove is the closest you’ll get to it. Wouldn’t imagine there would be that market given the number of games played varies for most teams

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 12:09pm
Marco Reus top goalscorer 90/1
Wink

Either an inspired call or a bat sh*t crazy one

-------------
Roy Keane

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:08pm
Russia 2/1 not to get out of their group is good value imo. They’re pig spunk 

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:10pm
The refs will get them through.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Russia 2/1 not to get out of their group is good value imo. They’re pig spunk 

So is their group though.

If Salah isn't properly fit Egypt could struggle. You'd imagine Russia will get off to a winning start in the opener against the Saudis as well.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Saudis Draw No Bet 13/2

67th in the world v 70th in the world... 
Saudis beat the Japs and drew with the Aussies in qualifying. If it was Japan v Russia I think more people would give them a bit more respect based on previous World Cups. Russia are puke to watch, haven't won a game since last October against Korea Republic. 

Then again Gary Breen scored against the Saudis

-------------
Roy Keane

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:20pm
I think people are being slightly harsh on the Saudis & Egypt. I think both will trouble Russia. If Salah is fit & playing well Uruguay & Egypt will progress. 
Having watched highlights of Russia’s warm up games, they really are muck. 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:37pm
Been looking at the more obscure markets, there's a few hidden gems.

I fancy Peru finishing 2nd in their group and knocking out the Argie's in the 2nd round, you can get 12/1 on Peru finishing at Quarter-finals.

6/1 for Panama to be the tournament's lowest scoring team, even Australia at 12/1 is a great shout how they still rely on Tim Cahill

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Saudis Draw No Bet 13/2

67th in the world v 70th in the world... 
Saudis beat the Japs and drew with the Aussies in qualifying. If it was Japan v Russia I think more people would give them a bit more respect based on previous World Cups. Russia are puke to watch, haven't won a game since last October against Korea Republic. 

Then again Gary Breen scored against the Saudis

Even Carsten Jancker managed to score against them - that's how bad the Saudis were that year! LOL

But their form in qualifying for this tournament as you have mentioned suggests they'll be a damn sight better than that pitiful team from 2002. That opening match may not quite be the home banker that many expect it to be for Russia.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:30pm
Fiver e/w on Russia outright @55/1 don't expect them to win it but do expect shenanigans a la South Korea 2002 that ensures they're not out early.

Fiver @ 10/1 on Griezmann to be top scorer 
Fiver @ 14/1 Lukaku to be top scorer 

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:32pm
put 20 on Brazil Dublin (football) and Galway. (Hurling) .pays out about 350 

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net