You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:03am
We have the option of not getting paid or paying the time back at 8 hours a week, nice of them.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 7:45pm
With the storm the last few days we were told if we missed work we would have to work back the hours. I missed three days so have to work back 22 hours.

Went back to work today and we were told we have until the 30th March to work the hours back BUT the only days we can work the extra hours back are two Friday afternoons of their choice (we normally finish at 12.30 Fridays) and the two Saturdays directly after them. As it happens those two Saturdays I have plans and can't make it in. I was told tough luck. They'll be taking annual leave instead.

I've offered to work up the hours by coming in early most days yet they've turned their nose at it. Surely they can't do that given the circumstances?

Should add I'm not the only one in this boat at work. Plenty more not happy about the situation
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

With the storm the last few days we were told if we missed work we would have to work back the hours. I missed three days so have to work back 22 hours.

Went back to work today and we were told we have until the 30th March to work the hours back BUT the only days we can work the extra hours back are two Friday afternoons of their choice (we normally finish at 12.30 Fridays) and the two Saturdays directly after them. As it happens those two Saturdays I have plans and can't make it in. I was told tough luck. They'll be taking annual leave instead.

I've offered to work up the hours by coming in early most days yet they've turned their nose at it. Surely they can't do that given the circumstances?

Should add I'm not the only one in this boat at work. Plenty more not happy about the situation

f**king hell it sounds like that place does not give much consideration for their staff. It seems petty.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:24pm
Read your contract, bound to be some provision in there for what they are doing.its is very sh*tty of them all the same.

If it's any consolation I was back today and they have just put in full days for the 3 day we were off No taking our leave or repaying hours.

Edited by rossieman - 05 Mar 2018 at 8:25pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:30pm
Same boat as Sham really , as on the table our company gave us either take it as holidays , not to be paid for the two days we were off or work it back in overtime . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:34pm
From what I can see there is serious mud slinging going on by various employers over peoples efforts to make it to work. Friday was a write off but concerning Wednesday and Thursday.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:37pm
I don't mind having to work back the hours at all and to a lesser extent I even understand putting a deadline to work the hours back or lose the hours as Annual Leave.

I'm baffled at the forcing us to work particular days especially when they are normally so good for letting us work up hours for other matters.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:48pm

I don't mind having to work back the hours at all and to a lesser extent I even understand putting a deadline to work the hours back or lose the hours as Annual Leave.

I'm baffled at the forcing us to work particular days especially when they are normally so good for letting us work up hours for other matters.

Why such a short period of time to work it back?
April 30th would be a lot easier done plenty of Fridays before then. With Paddy's weekend and Easter it's leaving things tight.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
I take it some of the lads here getting shafted are union free employment ?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

No union where I am alright. Shame because no hope they'd try pull this stunt if there was.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:54pm

No union where I am alright. Shame because no hope they'd try pull this stunt if there was.
I made it to work myself as did others, but of course thre were others that didnt. We were offered a hotel room on Wednesday ahead of our block of nights starting so we would be beside the job. I didnt take up the offer initially but ended up staying on Sathrday after my night shift. Our place is unionised and Ive heard that they will pay those who didnt turn up but those that did turn in will be rewarded either with an extra days leave or gift card. Not confirmed yet though.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:03am

Yeah unfortunately a lot of businesses now are not union friendly which in turn gives the management a very strong hand when dealing with staff on many different issues and also the terms of employment which they draw up
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 5:57am
Getting Paid for the shifts we were stood down cos the site was closed

Crossrail
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:29am

We were sent home at 1pm on the Wed and told we would be closed on Friday.

Thursday half of us turned up, I was actually 30 mins early as there was no traffic.
I was back home by 9am !!

The company will not be deducting pay or holidays and we do not have to work back the hours.

Its been hinted that its been noted who didn't make an effort to turn up on the Thurs excluding those who live in Kildare.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:30am
PS If your job was closed on Friday it is NOT your fault and you should not be punished. 
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:47am
Wednesday, anyone who came in (even late) will be paid in full.
anyone who did not come in or leave early will not be paid/paid in full

Thursday and Friday we were told to stay at home and everyone is getting paid

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Wednesday, anyone who came in (even late) will be paid in full.
anyone who did not come in or leave early will not be paid/paid in full

Thursday and Friday we were told to stay at home and everyone is getting paid

Yeah, this would be my situation too
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:21am

Same as you sham Angry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic