Come on Irelind
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Not a f**king chance this will sell out. I'll be astounded if LR is more than half full. The last time we played them there was only 15k at the game in 2011, which was technically a tournament (Carling cup) game.
I was at this game as part of the season ticket as I (stupidly) thought I would be rewarded for 20 years service by being allocated a ticket for Euro2012.

Not only no ticket but no reply to numerous emails and phone calls to the ticketing dept.

So we cancelled our 6 season tickets and not renewed since.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Not a f**king chance this will sell out. I'll be astounded if LR is more than half full. The last time we played them there was only 15k at the game in 2011, which was technically a tournament (Carling cup) game.
I was at this game as part of the season ticket as I (stupidly) thought I would be rewarded for 20 years service by being allocated a ticket for Euro2012.

Not only no ticket but no reply to numerous emails and phone calls to the ticketing dept.

So we cancelled our 6 season tickets and not renewed since.

ahh this old chestnut , I thought you said your were only at 2 away games in the previous 10 years ?

just being a STH was not the criteria for getting a euro 2012 ticket
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

ahh this old chestnut , I thought you said your were only at 2 away games in the previous 10 years ?

Think it was 3 aways in 5 years.

What about the hundreds (maybe thousands) who'd never been to a home game in their lives let alone an away game and they got tickets ?

How about that old chestnut ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:55am
You've all gone conkers.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You've all gone conkers.
Bonkers Conkers.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:59am
Well done, you got the pun! Three cheers for Gaz!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm

Beer
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm

What about the hundreds (maybe thousands) who'd never been to a home game in their lives let alone an away game and they got tickets ?

I've only been to 4 away games, but in the 20 years prior to the Euros in 2012, I'd hardly missed a game at LR. Like yourself, I presume, the FAI had us over a barrel that if we wanted QF games we had to take tickets for every game including pointless friendlies... Given that Poland was the first time in over two decades that we had qualified for a tournament in Europe, I would have at least expected from a group of 12 that some of us would have got tickets through the FAI. Nope. Not one. Out of our entire group, I got one ticket through my football club and could have got one other for a separate game.

Yet, fcukers who drink in my local were there, courtesy of tickets from FAI cronies. These guys occasionally turn up at big games in LR. Tickets always sourced the same way. 
We were so annoyed that approx half the group never go to Ireland home games anymore. We've all cancelled our season tickets. Fans lost forever. Some of us cherry pick the games we go to these days, including me. You'll never catch me ever again at a pointless friendly.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:57pm
I would be amazed if this broke the 20k barrier. A scan through the OurWeeACountry forum and you'll see that most of their fans wish this game wasn't happening and aren't travelling.

Likely to be a lot of headers on both sides that dont normally attend games. 

Both teams are playing poison football. Also, €45 (and up) lids of a friendly against NI. LOL The FAI are mental 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm
Saw most of NI v Bosnia...the football they were playing was far from poison,thought they were a bit unlucky. We are a different level of sh*te
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Saw most of NI v Bosnia...the football they were playing was far from poison,thought they were a bit unlucky. We are a different level of sh*te
This.

I can see them showing us up big-time. Ouch
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:04pm

effectively 1 away in each of the previous 2 campaigns before Poland ? sorry but IMO it should only go back the previous 4 years not 20 years as you seem to be indicating

Did you deserve a ticket ahead of a STH  who did 3  ? 4 ? 5+ ? aways over that period  - I don't think so

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found . The TO generally got it right with the tickets they got to distribute

The other chestnut - take it up with the football family and all those who want the status quo to remain of which there are plenty  
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:10pm

I've only been to 4 away games, but in the 20 years prior to the Euros in 2012, I'd hardly missed a game at LR. Like yourself, I presume, the FAI had us over a barrel that if we wanted QF games we had to take tickets for every game including pointless friendlies... Given that Poland was the first time in over two decades that we had qualified for a tournament in Europe, I would have at least expected from a group of 12 that some of us would have got tickets through the FAI. Nope. Not one. Out of our entire group, I got one ticket through my football club and could have got one other for a separate game.

Yet, fcukers who drink in my local were there, courtesy of tickets from FAI cronies. These guys occasionally turn up at big games in LR. Tickets always sourced the same way. 
We were so annoyed that approx half the group never go to Ireland home games anymore. We've all cancelled our season tickets. Fans lost forever. Some of us cherry pick the games we go to these days, including me. You'll never catch me ever again at a pointless friendly.

there were more STH than tickets for Euro 2012 available ( even with the cronies syphoned off number)
the more aways you went to the more you should of been entitled  to a ticket if you are a season ticket holder - it really is that simple

and I am not defending the football family allocation which grows exponentially the more pretstigious the fixture - my views are well known on that
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:14pm

Did you deserve a ticket ahead of a STH  who did 3  ? 4 ? 5+ ? aways over that period  - I don't think so
Of course not, I never said I did

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found .
How do you know, I remember loads on here got let down.

The TO generally got it right with the tickets they got to distribute
Eh, no they didn't, this is the FAI.
Why didn't the TO take our calls at the time, call back or answer emails ?
They said they got it right, NO they fcuking didnt

The other chestnut - take it up with the football family and all those who want the status quo to remain of which there are plenty  
Couldn't be arsed at this stage.
Its like everything in this country from corrupt FF politicians, it will never change
The FAI will not get another cent of my money
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I would be amazed if this broke the 20k barrier. A scan through the OurWeeACountry forum and you'll see that most of their fans wish this game wasn't happening and aren't travelling.

Likely to be a lot of headers on both sides that dont normally attend games. 

Both teams are playing poison football. Also, €45 (and up) lids of a friendly against NI. LOL The FAI are mental 
well as we all know those lads would would protest against anything.... AWAY game 100km down the road a healthy away alocation if they wanted  and they wont go...yet 'we love our wee football team'
Come on Irelind
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:49pm

Of course not, I never said I did

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found .
How do you know, I remember loads on here got let down.

The TO generally got it right with the tickets they got to distribute
Eh, no they didn't, this is the FAI.
Why didn't the TO take our calls at the time, call back or answer emails ?
They said they got it right, NO they fcuking didnt

Couldn't be arsed at this stage.
Its like everything in this country from corrupt FF politicians, it will never change
The FAI will not get another cent of my money
Gary NR has done and still doing a lot of work on this one and he is right I do think most of who got tickets from the TO were at the top of the list as it were .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 60>
  Share Topic