Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56115
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 12:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: North of Ireland (h) - November 15th
Posted By: SuperDave84
Subject: North of Ireland (h) - November 15th
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm
Emmet Malone on twitter reporting this fixture.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/february/northern-ireland-to-play-republic-of-ireland-in-november-friendly" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/february/northern-ireland-to-play-republic-of-ireland-in-november-friendly

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:34pm
FAI are a f**king shambles. Nothing on the twitter page yet the away team have annoucned it

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:43pm
What about games being arranged before June so we get our moneys worth on the season ticket?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:44pm
will this be 25 years since alan mcloughlin

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

FAI are a f**king shambles. Nothing on the twitter page yet the away team have annoucned it
I imagine they want to release it as one statement for the two games as soon as they tie up all of the details and there isn't a venue chosen for Poland away yet.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:48pm
Poland away..?

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: PaConnors
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm
Still no sign of the 2 home friendlies remaining on the ST?

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Poland away..?

Poland September 11th

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:57pm
A game against the north is a long time over due be a great occasion, Local Derby and bragging rights at stake, can't wait.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:28pm
Poland again.

I'd imagine some team going to Russia will want a friendly against us. Season ticket looking poor value this year unless JD gets someone to play us.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Poland again.

I'd imagine some team going to Russia will want a friendly against us. Season ticket looking poor value this year unless JD gets someone to play us.

Argies or Brazil would be a nice bonus. Not holding my breath for a decent team though will probably be Panama as some have said

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:37pm

Poland again.

Argies or Brazil would be a nice bonus. Not holding my breath for a decent team though will probably be Panama as some have said

Buy the HAT.. sure guarantee if it's from South America it'll be Panama.. season tickets holders mugged this campaign.

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:44pm
On second thoughts don't think it will be Panama. They're playing the Angry Nordies at the end of May in Panama City. They'll hardly play us as well.

Mexico could be a runner would still be underwhelming though

-------------

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:19am
It won't be Mexico or Panama as the dates and fixtures don't add up. So if we are sticking to that trend I reckon it will be USA again.

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:36am
Hope this June friendly is a Friday or Saturday night

-------------

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:10am
Good chance with playing France on a Monday night

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:23am
It seems the Nordie game in November will be part of this year's season ticket?  Anyone clarify that is the case?

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:43am

It seems the Nordie game in November will be part of this year's season ticket?  Anyone clarify that is the case?
What will happen is that we are getting another game in June and by the time November rolls around the FAI will state out of the goodness of their hearts that this game will be free also for those who have got a new season ticket also .
Look if we miss out on one game yer no real problems I do think they could have given us a discount but hey on the other hand we have done well off season tickets in the past so I am not too pushed about missing out on this one really .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:44am

Press release confirms it

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/friendly-games-confirmed-for-201718-st-holders" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/friendly-games-confirmed-for-201718-st-holders

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:34am
I wonder will the FAI release ST numbers this year given how much importance they have placed on them .................

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:42am

Poland again.

Before our last home game the season ticket was the best value ever and so many people really regretting not getting one.  We paid for 2 competitive games the cup final and 3 friendlies with the playoff at the friendly price.  

Obviously the result v Denmark has a massive impact on everything but I think the season ticket was still good value.  Certainly for those like yourself who would go anyway.  

In today's Indo Daniel claims a Brazil friendly in June is now unlikely.  It was the first I'd heard of a possibility of anyone even remotely that attractive.  The fee for these games is normally huge and I think thy'd be a hard sell at the moment. 

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm
Baffles me why this match in November will be part of the current season ticket when the nations league games in October will be part of the new season ticket. 

And just gonna be Jonny Pedantic here but "On November 15, Martin O'Neill's side will welcome Northern Ireland to Dublin for a friendly game that will be the 11th meeting between the two teams and "the first since 2011. "" . Its not correct they played a match behind closed doors in 2015 ahead of the Eruos

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
Wasn't a formal international. It was classed as a training match afaik

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm

Wasn't a formal international. It was classed as a training match afaik

thats is correct but its still a meeting of the two teams.

Again as I said I am been pedantic. It just read inncacurately

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Baffles me why this match in November will be part of the current season ticket when the nations league games in October will be part of the new season ticket. 

Because the FAI must honor the transaction that they entered into with ST holders for 2017/18 - we paid for 5 games upfront (2 qualifiers, a play-off/friendly, and 2 friendlies). With those away friendlies announced they still needed to find two home games to fulfill their commitment - hence N. Ireland in November and A.N. Other team in June.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Because the FAI must honor the transaction that they entered into with ST holders for 2017/18 - we paid for 5 games upfront (2 qualifiers, a play-off/friendly, and 2 friendlies). With those away friendlies announced they still needed to find two home games to fulfill their commitment - hence N. Ireland in November and A.N. Other team in June.
Talk about an arseways way to do things though - that's suggesting we'd need to keep this season's ST card just to get into that 1 game next November.  Imagine the confusion that could create at the turnstiles on the night with people trying to use their 2018/19 ST cards to get into the ground. And God knows how many fans will have either forgotten to bring the 2017/18 cards or else destroyed or lost them in the meantime.  That can't be right, can it...? ConfusedLOL

Surely, if the FAI can't get 5 home games arranged for this season, they'd be better giving ST holders credit towards next season's ST or else a refund for the non-existent 5th game. 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Talk about an arseways way to do things though - that's suggesting we'd need to keep this season's ST card just to get into that 1 game next November.  Imagine the confusion that could create at the turnstiles on the night with people trying to use their 2018/19 ST cards to get into the ground. And God knows how many fans will have either forgotten to bring the 2017/18 cards or else destroyed or lost them in the meantime.  That can't be right, can it...? ConfusedLOL

Surely, if the FAI can't get 5 home games arranged for this season, they'd be better giving ST holders credit towards next season's ST or else a refund for the non-existent 5th game. 

Imagine that, people having to keep a little card in their wallet for a whole 5 months after they should have got rid of it, and also have to remember to bring a ticket to a match, imagine the horror. 
Jasus lads just love giving out.

This whole thing was caused because O Neill didnt want a second friendly in March, he wanted a week long training camp around the time of the Turkey game instead, that left no other option than the June friendly against ? and the NI friendly later in the year.

Anyone who has a current season ticket and does not renew, they just use that for the NI game in November.
Anyone who has a ST and does renew, the NI game will be loaded on to the New ST and you just use that as you would have if it had been part of the ST in the first place.

It is a little awkward, but by no means the f**king mission impossible some lads are making out.
And these are the same lads that probably go to all home games anyway, ffs take a break will ye

The NL games this year and the Euro 2020 Quals in March and June of 2019 will all be part of the new ST

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Yeh exactly...

And Yeh We know Why they are including it, but it is arse about tit. And We know its not that much hassle, but it is Arse about tit.

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Will be interesting to see how they price the 18/19 ticket.

Fixing this mess could have the knock on effect of lads effectively paying twice for the NI friendly.

The renewal price will have to be much cheaper than the first time buyer price or there'll be another uproar.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
therell be no problems unless ofcourse its a sellout, then season ticket holders could get caught out. Its an unnecessary confusion for something that shouldnt need it.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:09pm

therell be no problems unless ofcourse its a sellout, then season ticket holders could get caught out. Its an unnecessary confusion for something that shouldnt need it.

I think this will only become an issue with people who dont renew there season tickets and if there is a cross over with people purchasesing them for the first time

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:23pm
Most likely outcome will be that the new season ticket will be priced at 5 matches, 2 Nations cup, 2 2020 qualifiers and the NI friendly.

The renewal price will be based on the 4 games, excluding the NI friendly.

Those not renewing their ST will probably be issued with paper tickets / e tickets for the NI game.

I don't remember there been any complaints when we got an extra game a couple of years ago.

Would the moaners prefer to see a home game against Oman just for the sake of the ST, and keeping them happy.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I think this will only become an issue with people who dont renew there season tickets and if there is a cross over with people purchasesing them for the first time

If its a sellout, It could be a pain for anyone on a new season ticket who doesn't have their old season ticket on them when they go to swipe in.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Most likely outcome will be that the new season ticket will be priced at 5 matches, 2 Nations cup, 2 2020 qualifiers and the NI friendly.

Those not renewing their ST will probably be issued with paper tickets / e tickets for the NI game.

I don't remember there been any complaints when we got an extra game a couple of years ago.

Would the moaners prefer to see a home game against Oman just for the sake of the ST, and keeping them happy.

That's actually very logical. I hope the FAI are reading this and go with that, tbh.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:33pm

Yes - I miss our old chums from Oman, it's been too long. 

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Yes - I miss our old chums from Oman, it's been too long. 

At least we would win. 

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:02pm

If its a sellout, It could be a pain for anyone on a new season ticket who doesn't have their old season ticket on them when they go to swipe in.
Would not think there is much chance of this game been a sellout really

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:04pm

The issue with NEW ST holders not getting into a game in November is an issue, and some will likely attend as they didnt get emails/press releases etc...  Again likely not an issue unless its a sellout. 

Its not moaning, its pointing out the arse about titness of it. And doesnt even make sense to be using an old card for a match where the new cards have already been used for matches before it.

And some lads will lose their old cards. 

The Only logical solution is to let anyone with all new or old season ticket holders(No duplicates) in and stop spinning it like they havent cut one home freindly out of the calender. 

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Would not think there is much chance of this game been a sellout really

Not much chance no, but it could be

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:37pm

The issue with NEW ST holders not getting into a game in November is an issue, and some will likely attend as they didnt get emails/press releases etc...  Again likely not an issue unless its a sellout. 

Its not moaning, its pointing out the arse about titness of it. And doesnt even make sense to be using an old card for a match where the new cards have already been used for matches before it.

The Only logical solution is to let anyone with all new or old season ticket holders(No duplicates) in and stop spinning it like they havent cut one home freindly out of the calender. 

Read what I posted

The new season ticket will include the NI game

The renewal ST will include the NI game but the price will be cheaper to take into account that there was one less friendly this season

This years cards will not be valid

Those not renewing will get a paper ticket or eticket for the NI game

Not rocket science

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:04pm

Good solution.

I don't think ST holders are moaning. They (and I include myself) simply want to get what they've paid, in advance, for.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:10pm

Read what I posted

The renewal ST will include the NI game but the price will be cheaper to take into account that there was one less friendly this season

Not rocket science

Fair enough. Lets just wait and see so if thats what will be implemented.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:12pm

Read what I posted

Not rocket science

Fair enough. Lets just wait and see so if thats what will be implemented.

Nah, too sensible for the FAI. LOL

-------------

Posted By: George Zip
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:21pm
This game takes place on the 15th November and Armistice day is the 11th November.
Will the NI players be wearing poppies for this game? Seen it mentioned on another forum.

-------------
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:30pm
Doubt it. They're playing Austria in Belfast on the following Sunday will probably wear them then

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

This game takes place on the 15th November and Armistice day is the 11th November.
Will the NI players be wearing poppies for this game? Seen it mentioned on another forum.

I doubt it as they are normally worn on Remembrance Sunday and in the days beforehand.  Remembrance Sunday is November 11th.

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:44am
If they bring 5000 their could be a cracking atmosphere for a friendly.

Posted By: munster_red
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
Hi lads,

Realise this post is inactive since Feb but does anyone have any idea how I can claim my ticket for Northern Ireland game. Was a season ticket holder last year and for family reasons I didn't renew this year. I have looked a lot online and have emailed the FAI twice without reply. I read at some point that the 17/18 card would not be taken for the game as a new seat would be allocated if you didnt renew for 18/19 and a paper ticket issued.

Cheers!

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:20pm
They’ll send you a paper ticket if you didnt renew.Check the current Season Ticket thread in ROI section

Posted By: d-mac
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:22pm
Whats the thoughts on the crowd for this one? Will it be a sell out?

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

No 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:52pm

LOLLOL

What a dreamer 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:54pm
Maybe it'll be a give away out.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:59pm
Think there new favorite term at the moment is “ tickets distributed “Wacko

Posted By: d-mac
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

LOLLOL

What a dreamer 

F**k me its our biggest rivals. A friendly, but still.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:09pm
Less than half full unless of course they hand out thousands of freebies again. Disaster of a night with an away game the following Monday. 

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:23pm
Went to buy the seat beside my season ticket and whole upper tier behind goals greyed out. Surely be close to full I think 

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Went to buy the seat beside my season ticket and whole upper tier behind goals greyed out. Surely be close to full I think 

I’d say more likely not on sale 

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:42pm

Not a chance. The 1999 game had a spotty attendance and the 2011 carling cup game was poorly attended.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:20am
Not a f**king chance this will sell out. I'll be astounded if LR is more than half full. The last time we played them there was only 15k at the game in 2011, which was technically a tournament (Carling cup) game.
I was also at the '99 friendly game, which only had about 12k in attendance, despite being billed as the "Peace" game and the proceeds went to an Omagh bomb disaster fund.

I've been at all the games we've played against the North played in Dublin. The one in '78 was my first ever live Irish game. It was a daytime match and wiki tells me there was 46k at the game. I recall the old LR being pretty much full.

I wont be at this one.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:36am

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

LOLLOL

What a dreamer 

F**k me its our biggest rivals. A friendly, but still.

At this moment in time, I'd class Scotland and Wales as bigger rivals than the North.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:51am

Confused Step away from the bottle 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Not a chance. The 1999 game had a spotty attendance and the 2011 carling cup game was poorly attended.

Did they not do something stupid like you had to send the FAI prove of your address and Passport details to attend the game which put a lot of people off.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:12am
Will there even be many NI fans travelling to this?

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Did they not do something stupid like you had to send the FAI prove of your address and Passport details to attend the game which put a lot of people off.
They had to travel on IFA organised busses and there was no alcohol allowed. I remember being on another forum at the time and an NI fan who lived in Dublin was giving out that he'd have to travel to Belfast from Dublin and get a bus back down to go to a game which would take him 30 minutes to travel to from his house.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:18am

A lot of Nordie fans boycotted the game as they had some beef with the IFA or something

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:19am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

They had to travel on IFA organised busses and there was no alcohol allowed. I remember being on another forum at the time and an NI fan who lived in Dublin was giving out that he'd have to travel to Belfast from Dublin and get a bus back down to go to a game which would take him 30 minutes to travel to from his house.

Serious LOL

That's ridiculous

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:39am
Haven't renewed season ticket but had a season ticket last year, whats the story with getting tickets for this off last years ST?

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:02am
Probably won't even watch it on TV myself

Posted By: viduka9aus
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:09am
it is yeah

-------------
--
Ooohh, Aaaahh, Paul McGrath, Say Ooh Ah Paul McGrath, Ooohh Aaaahh!!!

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Haven't renewed season ticket but had a season ticket last year, whats the story with getting tickets for this off last years ST?
Think the FAI will send you a paper ticket.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Probably won't even watch it on TV myself

bet you will....

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Not a f**king chance this will sell out. I'll be astounded if LR is more than half full. The last time we played them there was only 15k at the game in 2011, which was technically a tournament (Carling cup) game.
I was at this game as part of the season ticket as I (stupidly) thought I would be rewarded for 20 years service by being allocated a ticket for Euro2012.

Not only no ticket but no reply to numerous emails and phone calls to the ticketing dept.

So we cancelled our 6 season tickets and not renewed since.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I was at this game as part of the season ticket as I (stupidly) thought I would be rewarded for 20 years service by being allocated a ticket for Euro2012.

Not only no ticket but no reply to numerous emails and phone calls to the ticketing dept.

So we cancelled our 6 season tickets and not renewed since.

ahh this old chestnut , I thought you said your were only at 2 away games in the previous 10 years ?

just being a STH was not the criteria for getting a euro 2012 ticket

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

ahh this old chestnut , I thought you said your were only at 2 away games in the previous 10 years ?

Think it was 3 aways in 5 years.

What about the hundreds (maybe thousands) who'd never been to a home game in their lives let alone an away game and they got tickets ?

How about that old chestnut ?

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:55am
You've all gone conkers.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You've all gone conkers.
Bonkers Conkers.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:59am
Well done, you got the pun! Three cheers for Gaz!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm

LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm

Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm

What about the hundreds (maybe thousands) who'd never been to a home game in their lives let alone an away game and they got tickets ?

I've only been to 4 away games, but in the 20 years prior to the Euros in 2012, I'd hardly missed a game at LR. Like yourself, I presume, the FAI had us over a barrel that if we wanted QF games we had to take tickets for every game including pointless friendlies... Given that Poland was the first time in over two decades that we had qualified for a tournament in Europe, I would have at least expected from a group of 12 that some of us would have got tickets through the FAI. Nope. Not one. Out of our entire group, I got one ticket through my football club and could have got one other for a separate game.

Yet, fcukers who drink in my local were there, courtesy of tickets from FAI cronies. These guys occasionally turn up at big games in LR. Tickets always sourced the same way. 
We were so annoyed that approx half the group never go to Ireland home games anymore. We've all cancelled our season tickets. Fans lost forever. Some of us cherry pick the games we go to these days, including me. You'll never catch me ever again at a pointless friendly.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:57pm
I would be amazed if this broke the 20k barrier. A scan through the OurWeeACountry forum and you'll see that most of their fans wish this game wasn't happening and aren't travelling.

Likely to be a lot of headers on both sides that dont normally attend games. 

Both teams are playing poison football. Also, €45 (and up) lids of a friendly against NI. LOL The FAI are mental 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm
Saw most of NI v Bosnia...the football they were playing was far from poison,thought they were a bit unlucky. We are a different level of sh*te

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Saw most of NI v Bosnia...the football they were playing was far from poison,thought they were a bit unlucky. We are a different level of sh*te
This.

I can see them showing us up big-time. Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:04pm

effectively 1 away in each of the previous 2 campaigns before Poland ? sorry but IMO it should only go back the previous 4 years not 20 years as you seem to be indicating

Did you deserve a ticket ahead of a STH  who did 3  ? 4 ? 5+ ? aways over that period  - I don't think so

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found . The TO generally got it right with the tickets they got to distribute

The other chestnut - take it up with the football family and all those who want the status quo to remain of which there are plenty  

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:10pm

I've only been to 4 away games, but in the 20 years prior to the Euros in 2012, I'd hardly missed a game at LR. Like yourself, I presume, the FAI had us over a barrel that if we wanted QF games we had to take tickets for every game including pointless friendlies... Given that Poland was the first time in over two decades that we had qualified for a tournament in Europe, I would have at least expected from a group of 12 that some of us would have got tickets through the FAI. Nope. Not one. Out of our entire group, I got one ticket through my football club and could have got one other for a separate game.

Yet, fcukers who drink in my local were there, courtesy of tickets from FAI cronies. These guys occasionally turn up at big games in LR. Tickets always sourced the same way. 
We were so annoyed that approx half the group never go to Ireland home games anymore. We've all cancelled our season tickets. Fans lost forever. Some of us cherry pick the games we go to these days, including me. You'll never catch me ever again at a pointless friendly.

there were more STH than tickets for Euro 2012 available ( even with the cronies syphoned off number)
the more aways you went to the more you should of been entitled  to a ticket if you are a season ticket holder - it really is that simple

and I am not defending the football family allocation which grows exponentially the more pretstigious the fixture - my views are well known on that

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:14pm

Did you deserve a ticket ahead of a STH  who did 3  ? 4 ? 5+ ? aways over that period  - I don't think so
Of course not, I never said I did

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found .
How do you know, I remember loads on here got let down.

The TO generally got it right with the tickets they got to distribute
Eh, no they didn't, this is the FAI.
Why didn't the TO take our calls at the time, call back or answer emails ?
They said they got it right, NO they fcuking didnt

The other chestnut - take it up with the football family and all those who want the status quo to remain of which there are plenty  
Couldn't be arsed at this stage.
Its like everything in this country from corrupt FF politicians, it will never change
The FAI will not get another cent of my money

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I would be amazed if this broke the 20k barrier. A scan through the OurWeeACountry forum and you'll see that most of their fans wish this game wasn't happening and aren't travelling.

Both teams are playing poison football. Also, €45 (and up) lids of a friendly against NI. LOL The FAI are mental 
well as we all know those lads would would protest against anything.... AWAY game 100km down the road a healthy away alocation if they wanted  and they wont go...yet 'we love our wee football team'

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:49pm

There weren't that many 'deserving' ( for want of a better word) who got overlooked  as the FLO's at the time found .

Its like everything in this country from corrupt FF politicians, it will never change
Gary NR has done and still doing a lot of work on this one and he is right I do think most of who got tickets from the TO were at the top of the list as it were .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Gary NR has done and still doing a lot of work on this one and he is right I do think most of who got tickets from the TO were at the top of the list as it were .
Im not doubting that.

Im referring to the hundreds if not thousands who had never been to a home game before or indeed since who got tickets from JD's breast pocket.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:31pm

Ok

There initially were loads but then when they were asked you got 

I go to all the games but I get freebie tickets 
I go to all the games but the tickets aren’t in my name 
I go to all the games but I have no record with the fai 
I don’t go to away games but I was at USA 94
Etc 

At the end of the time  I recall circa mid 15 genuine cases of sth and regular travellers with an fai record . Everyman and their gig werecphoning them I would imagine 

It’s your perogative if i felt that bad I would source home tickets for away games 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm

there were more STH than tickets for Euro 2012 available ( even with the cronies syphoned off number)
the more aways you went to the more you should of been entitled  to a ticket if you are a season ticket holder - it really is that simple

and I am not defending the football family allocation which grows exponentially the more pretstigious the fixture - my views are well known on that
I'm not arguing your first point at all. When we qualify for major tournaments or a play off game there is nearly always plenty of tickets to cover EVERY single person that goes to even just one away game in a campaign. Many of us do not have the time/money to go to away games, but as regular match attendees at LR, we should at least have some sort of a balloted chance of getting a ticket for major finals.

About a half dozen fellas from my local pub get tickets for the business end game in a QF group/ playoffs (home&away) and finals if we get there. These people do not go to away games and at best will make one or two home games in a campaign.
The FAI will never change. 

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm
I did source my own tickets for Euro 2012 and selected games since including 24 tickets for the Dutch friendly in May 2017.

You're still avoiding the question of the event junkies who got tickets with ease from the FAI !!!

Anyway you obviously have your reasons so let's leave it there.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Northern Ireland play smart counter-attacking football.  It may not be great to watch from a neutral's point of view but they are very well organised and well managed.  They do have issues scoring goals.  

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:12pm

I did source my own tickets for Euro 2012 and selected games since including 24 tickets for the Dutch friendly in May 2017.

You're still avoiding the question of the event junkies who got tickets with ease from the FAI !!!

Anyway you obviously have your reasons so let's leave it there.

Ehh ? how I am avoiding it

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:15pm

I'm not arguing your first point at all. When we qualify for major tournaments or a play off game there is nearly always plenty of tickets to cover EVERY single person that goes to even just one away game in a campaign. Many of us do not have the time/money to go to away games, but as regular match attendees at LR, we should at least have some sort of a balloted chance of getting a ticket for major finals.

About a half dozen fellas from my local pub get tickets for the business end game in a QF group/ playoffs (home&away) and finals if we get there. These people do not go to away games and at best will make one or two home games in a campaign.
The FAI will never change. 

am not disagreeing with any of the above , unfortunately a sizeable number of fans are content with the ticket distribution and have no wish to see it reformed 

-------------

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:36am

Yes you get a free ticket email ticket office. With 1600 ST sold another 1000 owed a game from lasted years STs. I would say 35k  will be at this game

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Yes you get a free ticket email ticket office. With 1600 ST sold another 1000 owed a game from lasted years STs. I would say 35k  will be at this game
Very much doubt that we will get anyway near 35k paying customers missy, but the freebies might just save Delaneys face again, doubt the knuckle draggers  will travel in numbers either

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:54pm
Is there a trophy for winners of this Guinness Series Autumn International Test Match?  I think the Wellington Cup is on offer.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net