Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:48pm
They change each game what part of the arm to draw the lines to judge offsides

Sponsored Links

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:50pm
Didn’t look offside to me 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:54pm
Would make the game a lot simpler if they just went by players feet
And I’m sure no one would complain 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:24pm
Now how was the Fulham goal disallowed for a handball but Liverpool werent given a penalty there for Kante’s handball with his hand in an unnatural position?

Lack of consistency is killing VAR
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:25pm
Similar incident against West Brom last week too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Would make the game a lot simpler if they just went by players feet
And I’m sure no one would complain 
Except what if the striker dives full length ahead of the defender to reach a low header, but his toes remain just "onside"? It kinda defeats (sorry) the spirit of the present law that the attacker's head is nearly six feet ahead of the defender.

I think the easiest would be to say that unless there's clear daylight between attacker and defender, then the attacker is onside. That is, the whole of the attacker has to be clear of every part of the defender.

That way it's easy to assess, whilst rewarding attacking play.

And don't get me on to the "handball" law, whereby even if a defender's contact is entirely - and obviously - accidental, if it prevents a goal then it's a foul. Or if an attacker  accidentally "handles" in the build-up to a goal, it gets cancelled out

Yet ithe same "handball"s in any other context are not penalised. I know it favoured my team, but it was ridiculous today that Fulham's "goal" v Spurs was disallowed.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:55pm
Shocking call. In my opinion, if you even have to draw lines, the player should be considered onside. 
We called for VAR to be introduced to correct blatant mistakes, not every technical call in and around a goal being scored.

Between VAR and no fans, I really have minimal love left for watching matches
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:57pm

Exactly.
Get rid of the lines. If it’s not clear that he’s offside then give the goal 
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Exactly.

Plus wan 

Give the benefit of doubt.

Same with all decisions, have one look at the slow motion replay to see if any clear and obvious errors were made. 
If you have to look at it multiple times it’s not clear and obvious m. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:10pm
Get rid of the offside rule and use VAR off the ball incidents.

There would be very little messing about then.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
Football was good when it first came back as there was nothing else to watch or do.
It’s run it’s course now. 
No fans, VAR’s crazy decision making, dull games, not much at stake with City so far clear (and I’m a City fan)

Roll on next season with fans back, teams refreshed and hopefully VAR/rules simplified 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Football was good when it first came back as there was nothing else to watch or do.
It’s run it’s course now. 
No fans, VAR’s crazy decision making, dull games, not much at stake with City so far clear (and I’m a City fan)

Roll on next season with fans back, teams refreshed and hopefully VAR/rules simplified 
Can't wait for this season to finish up at this stage for all those reasons. 

Another rule that needs ditched is that handball rule where even accidental handball by an attacking player is penalised. Turned out as awful in reality as it sounded when it was first announced. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Exactly.

Plus wan 

Same with all decisions, have one look at the slow motion replay to see if any clear and obvious errors were made. 

Offside is not clear and obvious. It s either onside or offside. There's no grey area, and no benefit of the doubt. If the lines show you're off, then you're off. 

You see how tight the top 4 race is. Such decisions have to be correct in every game, so that the table in May accurately reflects what happened on the pitch.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Exactly.

Plus wan 

Offside is not clear and obvious. It s either onside or offside. There's no grey area, and no benefit of the doubt. If the lines show you're off, then you're off. 

You see how tight the top 4 race is. Such decisions have to be correct in every game, so that the table in May accurately reflects what happened on the pitch.

Thanks for that Peter Walton.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:01pm
SmileSmile I dont even talk like that TongueTongueI'd say a lot of lads on this have been caught offside and wish there was a grey area !

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 04 Mar 2021 at 11:02pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:51pm
They're the rules. Offside is offside. It's been like that since pick any year you want. Now there are the calibrated lines available, to see if forwards really are onside or not, and they're used, so that there is justice on the pitch, there and then.

In the second rate leagues of second rate teams, where second rate decisions are tolerated, a Derby cheat tried out his Henry impression against Forest last week, and was rewarded for it on the night. But you won't escape from it in the EPL, or any major league. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

They're the rules. Offside is offside. It's been like that since pick any year you want. Now there are the calibrated lines available, to see if forwards really are onside or not, and they're used, so that there is justice on the pitch, there and then.

In the second rate leagues of second rate teams, where second rate decisions are tolerated, a Derby cheat tried out his Henry impression against Forest last week, and was rewarded for it on the night. But you won't escape from it in the EPL, or any major league. 

Level was always considered onside. There has never been any issue of "ah he looks 1mm offside there". When it is that tight and they showed the replay, everyone would agree he was level and if linesman had put the flag up then everyone would say they were wrong. So perfectly good goals of the past are getting scratched off.
Them the rules now with the lines but they are sucking the life out of the game and a perfectly Good goal from Werner is chalked off.
Reckon they will eventually change that

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Mar 2021 at 12:33am
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:51am
Seen the fulham goal there. Yes it his his hand but it was by his side and he knew nothing about it. In an ideal world that goal should stand IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 72>
  Share Topic