Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:51pm
Mike Reilly talking about how it would take 8 minutes to download and check all camera angles on the Southampton handball leading to Ings equaliser. At least we know the technology available to the VAR is top top top quality LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:33am
The referee may have been conned, but as always, the camera was not. The technology is what the clubs all signed up to. I didn't see the game live, so I don't know how long it took for the relevant angle to be shown, but I doubt it took 8 minutes. It was relatively easy to spot, compared to 2 ghost goals ruled out by VAR for handball at the weekend. I find it very odd how Watford did not appeal for it at the time. There were at least 2 of their players near the incident, at least one of them must have spotted it at the time. Its the second time it's happened to them this season. Either they kept quiet, or their spirit is so low, that they couldn't be bothered appealing and trying to keep Flores in a job. 

Anyone who says they can't celebrate goals, obviously didn't see the Leicester goal v Everton. VAR had to step in and spot what no official could see on the field. Fair Play in action once again. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:16pm
LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:54pm
Being used for the Slovakia game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:56pm
How did Alexander Arnold stay on the pitch?
Should have gone for the first stamp on Richarlison

Can’t wait for Planning to come on to tell us how Van Dijk on Calvert Lewin wasn’t a penalty as well. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Can’t wait for Planning to come on to tell us how Van Dijk on Calvert Lewin wasn’t a penalty as well. 
Defo a pen by VVD.

Yellow was about right for Trent.
Hardly a stamp of Keane proportions, barely tickled him.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:48am

LOL
Yellow was right the same as the Everton player got a few minutes later
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:57am
Thought it was borderline red, he knew were his foot was coming down. Same as Robertson knew where his elbow was going when it hit the back of Davies head.
TAA Should definitely have gone for two yellows no matter which way you look at it

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Dec 2019 at 12:31pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:10pm
Van Dijk should have received a red card for that push too, no attempt to play the ball.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:18pm
Would agree with all of the above, VAR obviously deciding that it's a derby so these things are let go.

Vardy getting booked for diving when he was fouled was the VAR highlight of the night though. Just behind that was Rashford going down 2-3 steps after minimal contact on his foot and winning a penalty. There was a notion that VAR stop players diving, the opposite is quite true in fact. Even the slightest of contact is encouraging players to dive as VAR cannot properly judge the weight of these tackles, so it's just calling them fouls. It is hilarious though to see VAR call fouls when a player falls a few steps after initial contact.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:26pm
If Kolasinac is offside for the Arsenal equaliser, that is nothing short of appalling to award the goal. He's challenging a defender on the goal line to knock in the header, and isn't adjudged to be interfering with play. Utter farce.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
VAR Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
Did that take about 2 minutes to call? It's probably the clearest penalty call you'll see all season. How the ref missed that I don't know.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:40pm
The Fred handball type incident will be given as a penalty next weekend 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:17pm

The Fred handball type incident will be given as a penalty next weekend 

It's exactly the scenario that IFAB have told referees not to give a penalty for. Just one of many scenarios where you can actually handle the ball in your own box. So the ref was spot on, but I agree those PL idiot refs are liable to make any nonsense decision at any time.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:47pm
VAR has removed the need for linesmen. In the champions league the linesman is told to not raise their flag until after the shot is taken/Goal scored etc. The premier League need to do the same. That shelvey goal against Sheffield United was an absolute mess.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:56pm
I'm awfully confused Ted.  Were we not told that if the ball touches a defenders arm whether deliberate or not now it is a penalty?  why have I seen two clear instances of it touchign a defenders arm and it went to VAR and it wasn't given?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:58pm
Planning kept telling us that all summer after the champions league final 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 72>
  Share Topic