Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:03pm
He was clearly fouled. It's hilarious that Solskjaer is coming out saying the referee was basically man of the match LOL

VAR is a toxic presence. So many wrong calls consistently.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:34pm
Correct call! Disgraceful dive from Origi.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

VAR is grand its these muppets making the decisions watching the screens.   They haven't a fookin clue.

Also, it's the brits. It's been in Serie A for a few season now and it's been grand. Brits make mountains out of molehills of everything.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Just seeing Man U v Liverpool highlights now

Thought Origi was fouled 

He was fouled alright.  His own exaggeration of the foul worked against him. Doubt United would've gotten that bit of fortune at Anfield especially if it led to a goal.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Also, it's the brits. It's been in Serie A for a few season now and it's been grand. Brits make mountains out of molehills of everything,

... when they're not making sweeping generalisations about other people which could never apply to anyone else.

Anyhow, it was pointed out on MOTD that of 90-odd EPL games with VAR this season, not one penalty appeal which was denied by the Referee has been subsequently overturned/awarded by VAR.

Yet more evidence that this whole system is more trouble than it's worth.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Also, it's the brits. It's been in Serie A for a few season now and it's been grand. Brits make mountains out of molehills of everything,

... when they're not making sweeping generalisations about other people which could never apply to anyone else.

Anyhow, it was pointed out on MOTD that of 90-odd EPL games with VAR this season, not one penalty appeal which was denied by the Referee has been subsequently overturned/awarded by VAR.

Yet more evidence that this whole system is more trouble than it's worth.

No. Get some person with some balls and a clue on how to ref behind the screen or better yet do it the way its done in MLS and let the ref himself look at the screen. 

Instead the Brits have this fella looking at VAR

''Mr Referee I did it again''

Image result for teenager simpsons
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just seeing Man U v Liverpool highlights now

Thought Origi was fouled 

He was fouled alright.  His own exaggeration of the foul worked against him. Doubt United would've gotten that bit of fortune at Anfield especially if it led to a goal.

Especially if you go down clutching the wrong leg.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bobilla1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:35am
Interesting summary from carragher last night on MNF, on the Origi/Lindeloff foul on lead up to Rashfords goal, using the cringeworthy VR goggles for the refs position at the time of the foul. It showed a utd player completely blocking his line of sight.
VAR obviously thought, ref had seen tackle so were not going to over turn it, ref thinks VAR will overturn it if it was a foul so leaves play carry on. All that's needed is for the ref to say to VAR, to check incident as he didn't see it. 
So many issues wrong with VAR at the moment. 

Edited by Bobilla1 - 22 Oct 2019 at 9:36am
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

They though the world was about to end when a charge was brought in on plastic bags.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 3:43pm
If the Chris Woods goal was disallowed by VAR then the foul on Origi should've been given
But yeah, he did himself no favours with the way he went down
Some people just deserve a slap
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If the Chris Woods goal was disallowed by VAR then the foul on Origi should've been given

If that was the case, he should have been booked. If he was fouled, which he was, it doesn't matter how he falls. A foul is a foul is a foul is a foul, and if it leads to a goal, the goal should be disallowed by VAR. 

The other goal above, was a foul and correctly disallowed by VAR. The Villa goal was correctly disallowed by VAR. The Wolves offside goal was correctly ruled out by VAR, despite the crowd howling at the moon. These are not VAR controversies as described in the media, these are correct decisions doing what VAR is supposed to do.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:20pm
@Planning, your thoughts on the Ajax Chelsea game where Ajax had a goal ruled out for offside by VAR?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If that was the case, he should have been booked. If he was fouled, which he was, it doesn't matter how he falls. A foul is a foul is a foul is a foul, and if it leads to a goal, the goal should be disallowed by VAR. 

The other goal above, was a foul and correctly disallowed by VAR. The Villa goal was correctly disallowed by VAR. The Wolves offside goal was correctly ruled out by VAR, despite the crowd howling at the moon. These are not VAR controversies as described in the media, these are correct decisions doing what VAR is supposed to do.

The man who couldn't say a bad word about VAR or admit they got a single decision wrong, finally says they should have disallowed a goal as it was against Liveprool

Funny that

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

@Planning, your thoughts on the Ajax Chelsea game where Ajax had a goal ruled out for offside by VAR?
It didn't involve Liverpool so VAR was 100% correct

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Wasting your time. It's only 3 to 4 months ago that Planning was declaring that every single handball by a defender in his own box will result in a penalty. That was how it was going to be under VAR and by the letter of the law going forward.

Of course in the real world though, the laws of the game allow for numerous instances where defenders handling in their own area doesn't result in a penalty being given, and we've seen this time and time again this season.

Absolutely delusional stuff on this thread about VAR.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:50pm

It didn't involve Liverpool so VAR was 100% correct

Did you see that they took the wrong frame in calling the offside LOL they took the frame where the ball was about 1-2 yards after being struck for the last pass. You couldn't make it up.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:57pm

Wasting your time. It's only 3 to 4 months ago that Planning was declaring that every single handball by a defender in his own box will result in a penalty. That was how it was going to be under VAR and by the letter of the law going forward.

I flagged that point up two pages ago, when he was making a big deal of a penalty that Declan Rice conceded a few weeks ago for handball. It was that clear a penalty that they didn't even bother showing it on match of the day that night.

Yeah I saw the freezeframes of the Ajax goal

At the start of the season I thought VAR would go well. They're making a total mess of it though

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:58pm

The man who couldn't say a bad word about VAR or admit they got a single decision wrong, finally says they should have disallowed a goal as it was against Liveprool

Funny that

As is some team called "Liveprool" LOL

They should have disallowed it because it was a foul, that led to the opposition being given a goal they should not have got. That applies to all teams, in the EPL and beyond. 

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Cause football fans are peasants and would resort to violence over close decisions 

It's already happened, with Villa fans resorting to their fists, after the Traitor  was booked for diving at Palace. They blamed VAR for it, when VAR had nothing to do with it. Apparently, to them, it is known as "Villa Are Robbed", instead of "Very Accurate Result". 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 72>
  Share Topic