Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Planning kept telling us that all summer after the champions league final 

The champions league final penalty was a complete nonsense. It was and never will be a penalty. I have now seen about a thousand handballs in leagues across Europe this season, 99 percent of which correctly were not given as penalties. Amazing that considering Plannings assertion that every handball would result in a penalty this season.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
Dinamo player elbows Rodri in the face 

How can VAR not step in there?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Dinamo player elbows Rodri in the face 

How can VAR not step in there?

It's so bad that you just have to laugh at this stage LOL clear red card and a nasty bit of play from the Zagreb player. Maybe the VAR lad was out paying the pizza delivery guy at the time?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 1:43pm
Jaysus that VAR offside goal in the liverpool game was so tight,  maybe he was a millimetre offside, if even. For margins so tight, I think they should stick with the on field decision. Ruining what would have previously been perfectly good goals where the judgement would have been in the analysis that they were level

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Dec 2019 at 1:43pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Jaysus that VAR offside goal in the liverpool game was so tight,  maybe he was a millimetre offside, if even. For margins so tight, I think they should stick with the on field decision. Ruining what would have previously been perfectly good goals where the judgement would have been in the analysis that they were level

Didn't UEFA basically come out during the week and say this would be the case from next season? It's basically them admitting that the technology isn't of a high enough standard for such tight calls. 

VAR in it's current guise is a complete and utter nonsense.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Dec 2019 at 6:36pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Didn't UEFA basically come out during the week and say this would be the case from next season? It's basically them admitting that the technology isn't of a high enough standard for such tight calls. 

VAR in it's current guise is a complete and utter nonsense.

I didnt see that, just read the article on BBC there. That would certainly be a big improvement, youd be spitting blood if those decisions liverpool have been on the wrong end of would have cost us points on our march  to the title 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 10:55pm
Bournemouth would have been robbed of a famous win today had it not been for VAR

It’s finally done something useful 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 11:25pm
Clearly VAR works in some instances and fails in others, a lot of others. 

Its picked up on some absolutely borderline off sides, but as other have alluded to, its also picked up on apparent offsides where the technology is not advanced enough, id fsps. 

UEFA coming out this week only verifies this. 

The idea that cheating is a thing of the past, surrounding the referee is a thing of the past, that there will be no more goals allowed to stand that shouldn't be and, to a lesser extent vice versa is, collectively laughable to a similar degree to the notion that every-time a ball hits the hand in the box is a penalty. 

Personally, i think VAR can and will be a good thing eventually. In its current format, the fact an armpit can somehow be off side is a bit much..anyone for clear and obvious error?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Clearly VAR works in some instances and fails in others, a lot of others. 

Its picked up on some absolutely borderline off sides, but as other have alluded to, its also picked up on apparent offsides where the technology is not advanced enough, id fsps. 

UEFA coming out this week only verifies this. 

The idea that cheating is a thing of the past, surrounding the referee is a thing of the past, that there will be no more goals allowed to stand that shouldn't be and, to a lesser extent vice versa is, collectively laughable to a similar degree to the notion that every-time a ball hits the hand in the box is a penalty. 

Personally, i think VAR can and will be a good thing eventually. In its current format, the fact an armpit can somehow be off side is a bit much..anyone for clear and obvious error?

Yeah I think it’s taken a lot of fun out of it, waiting to see if it’s being reviewed or not and then VAR checking if everything was absolutely perfect. 

Penalties, potential handballs in box (attacking or defending), clear offsides, dangerous fouls and foul play off the ball. These are the things that happen so fast that ref might not see it clearly. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 1:01am
I think maybe just have 2 challenges a game for each team.  A team can challenge if they believe there is an offside or handball etc for a goal but if they lose one of their challenges if they are wrong.

I think leave the marginal calls to the conceding team to challenge if its borderline. Only review goals when challenged.  Not nitpicking every single goal to see if someone is 2mm offside.

There is definitely a way around the issues.  Just needs time to iron this stuff out.    Scoring goals and celebrating then having it ruled off 2 mins later is a bit annoying.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 1:35am
The 2 challenge thing might be a good idea too but still should on top of ground rules that goals do not have to be absolutely perfect goals like the slightest of pushes or marginal offsides. there are only 1-2 goals per game on average so you would still get teams
Challenging every goal they concede (while they have challenges available) with the hope there was something in the mix that overturns the decision 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Dec 2019 at 1:36am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 5:55am
The challenge system is a load of sh*te IMO

There’d be managers appealing for all sorts in the 86th minute of games just because they haven’t used up a challenge yet, wasting time for no reason. That’s just one of the flaws I foresee 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Dec 2019 at 5:56am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I think maybe just have 2 challenges a game for each team.  A team can challenge if they believe there is an offside or handball etc for a goal but if they lose one of their challenges if they are wrong.

I think leave the marginal calls to the conceding team to challenge if its borderline. Only review goals when challenged.  Not nitpicking every single goal to see if someone is 2mm offside.

There is definitely a way around the issues.  Just needs time to iron this stuff out.    Scoring goals and celebrating then having it ruled off 2 mins later is a bit annoying.
As for the 2mm offside he either is or he isn't simple as that , now if you say you can't give something that is around that  then what happens if he is 3mm offside and so on . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

As for the 2mm offside he either is or he isn't simple as that , now if you say you can't give something that is around that  then what happens if he is 3mm offside and so on . 

Did you see Mane's one yesterday? I only 'accept' that he was ahead of the other player because that's what I was told. I couldn't really see it on the screen. The lines they use are very confusing.
Before VAR I think everyone would have said he was level and therefore goal stands.  
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:58pm

Happens in rugby and cricket all the time. You think you have a try or wicket, then you discover you haven't. Players and fans just grow up and get on with it, not cry and chant about how annoying it is, or calling for it to be scrapped when it doesn't go their way. 

Challenges do not work. They would be manipulated and used as tactics, nor do they guarantee the right decision made. All it takes is one error to destroy a season (or campaign at international level) work. The stakes at the highest level are massive, so we must do everything we can to ensure that games are decided on merit, not mistakes. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:35pm
Planning, what are your thoughts on UEFA essentially admitting that they do not have the technology to adjudge the tightest of offsides. Hence, next season I think they will go with clear and obvious mistakes for offsides being the only ones VAR overrule from the on field officials.

The fact that they have never had the technology, yet you are seeing offsides being given by millimeters is absolutely laughable.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 3:55pm
As in other sports, I trust the technology used is advanced enough to provide  the evidence for the correct decision to be implemented as per the laws of the sport at the time. So it's left to those who don't want it, to question it. They'll always find something to question, but the evidence is there for us all to see, as a camera cannot be conned. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:27pm
The camera cannot be conned LOL LOL sweet suffering jaysus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 72>
  Share Topic