You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Social Influencers"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm

I've a mate who has just launched a new business. He was advised to pay some of these "influencers" to use his company and promote it. This is a part of most marketing plans these days apparently.

El Puto Amo
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:37pm
All ****s
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
Yer man is after banning all bloggers now after the backlash he received from some of them
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:51pm
In fairness, yer man Paul Stenson shares similar traits with these dopes. He purposely courts controversy in an effort to maximise publicity. Sometimes it is funny I will admit but usually it's a bit tiresome. Anyway, this "online spat" is more free marketing for his cafe/hotel and there's a decent chance that it was pre planned between the two of them. His sister Elaine is pretty tidy though. 

El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

In fairness, yer man Paul Stenson shares similar traits with these dopes. He purposely courts controversy in an effort to maximise publicity. Sometimes it is funny I will admit but usually it's a bit tiresome. Anyway, this "online spat" is more free marketing for his cafe/hotel and there's a decent chance that it was pre planned between the two of them. His sister Elaine is pretty tidy though. 

Yeah but at least he's not trying to be a freeloading c**t doing it
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:13pm
He comes across as a **** still though. Tell her to f**k off, but don't try and cash in on it.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:35pm
If yer wan was to make a video of her stay she'd make serious money off it from advertising. The hotel in turn will get feck all and a slim chance of a few guests in lieu of it. He's dead right.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He comes across as a **** still though. Tell her to f**k off, but don't try and cash in on it.

This

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
I was staying in Brooklodge with the missus a few months ago and she spotted some blogger staying there too. This blogger must have stood in the same spot for about 15 mins having her fella take pics of her posing from all different angles to get the perfect shot so she could upload it to her Instagram account. It was so cringey and so sad. 

Her fella is worse by the way for putting up with that sh1t. If my missus asked me to re-take a picture any more than once she'd be getting the phone handed back to here fairly sharpish and a swift kick in the baby maker for god measure
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:46pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I was staying in Brooklodge with the missus a few months ago and she spotted some blogger staying there too. This blogger must have stood in the same spot for about 15 mins having her fella take pics of her posing from all different angles to get the perfect shot so she could upload it to her Instagram account. It was so cringey and so sad. 

Her fella is worse by the way for putting up with that sh1t. If my missus asked me to re-take a picture any more than once she'd be getting the phone handed back to here fairly sharpish and a swift kick in the baby maker for god measure

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:40pm
Spoiled brat gets told she cant have everything for free.
A nothing story that she's no doubt going to profit from unfortunately.

It appears these vloggers are nothing more than lazy rich kids who simply want everything handed to them. Dress it up whatever way you like.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:51pm
If these 'social influencers' - ohh how I detest the term. Didn't actually make money from endorsements and promoting out products, then nobody would know about them.

But what they do works, and loads of business's use them and benefit from them. So what if she contacted this hotel, she probably contacted several other ones, it's a simple business deal. No thanks, or yes that sounds like a good idea.

Yer man from the hotel, knows full well what he was doing pretending to give a sh*t with his crappy public response.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:23pm
I was approached by one a few years back looking me to basically sponsor her . When i sent the quote i never even got a response . No interest in actually paying for what she wanted and when I checked her social media I seen her flaunting herself with someone in the same line of work. A mate of mine also told me that they recently tried to get one of these media whores to do some work with them . Her costings came in at 25k
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
I have been chatting to people about this phenomenon recently. Apparently, there are legitimate jobs in the area, whereby companies hire people to do this type of thing in order to promote the work of the company through collaboration with other companies and brands. 

Where it has broken down is that anybody can set themselves up as an "influencer" without a single qualification, or any track record. All they need is a smart phone.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:06pm
I never even heard of a "social influencer" until this week. Such utter sh*te
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:24am
I went down a rabbit hole of looking in to this sh*te last night. My god, humanity is at its lowest ebb. 'Vacuous' and 'vapid' are the two words that kept springing to mind. Tie it all in with that Logan Paul dickhead from the other week and I can safely say I'm done with 'civilisation'.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I never even heard of a "social influencer" until this week. Such utter sh*te
Yep same boat as you Wallsie Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic