URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56069
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 4:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Social Influencers"
Posted By: McG
Subject: "Social Influencers"
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:25am
Freeloaders Angry

http://www.dailyedge.ie/white-moose-cafe-3801787-Jan2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailyedge.ie/white-moose-cafe-3801787-Jan2018/

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Replies:
Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
I'd never heard of Universal in Orlando before her post. She has made me want to go there now.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
Some chancer, jesus. Great response though

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:45am
If this Elle Darby wan's goal is to get any exposure, either positive or negative, then she's done quite well here. As she is a 'social media influencer' I'm assuming that is very much her aim here.

The White Moose Café are fairly well known for their social media interaction so she would almost certainly have been aware she was going to get a response of that nature. Now she's got her name on a few different outlets (Daily Edge, Lovin' Dublin etc) so will almost certainly add to her 80k followers.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:53am
I'm still trying to figure out her claim of helping people in so many ways?

I understand what these people think they do, but it's a long way from being a philanthropic endeavour. People have been writing reviews for years. It's social journalism. This "social influencer" is a response to the explosion of column inches afforded by the internet. It reminds me of the way South Park dealt with YELP reviewers.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:57am
Great respone. What a gee bag. 

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
I’m open to correction here but in print media was there not a standard that all those filling column inches must have the accreditation to do so? Can’t open a paper these days without seeing pages of “influencers” talking shiiiiiiite’

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:59am
It's amazing that these people seem to have influence. They are all the same f**king person as well with that horrible f**king editing in their videos. Why can't you finish one sentence from one shot? It's dreadful. Christ almighty

I see one of the guests on the Late Late Show on Friday was a "snapchatter" Confused

Jesus f**king monkeyball christ

You have to be a serious moron to take advice from this level of ****

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great respone. What a gee bag. 

This.
Also lovin Dublin running the story

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm
I hate the snowflake generation, I really f**kin do, gee bag is too soft a word to describe this dzope!

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm
If I wanted to die a slow death for my past sins then I would be stuck in a lift with that irritating wannabe listening to her whine on and on and on and on and on.........
Get me a gun please!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:57pm
The more people who watch that video are actually giving her money.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The more people who watch that video are actually giving her money.
link?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
My missus was telling me there recently about these "influencers". Some scandal where they were promoting products, skin care or lipstick stuff about how great the products were but failing to tell any of their thousands of followers that they'd actually just had cosmetic surgery done and this was in fact why the products looked so great, not because they actually were any use.

While it might not seem like a big deal to us normal folk, it does work on a whole generation of young kids who are easily led by these gobsh*tes.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:13pm
Paul Stenson is a legend Clap he clearly doesn't give a f**k

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I hate the snowflake generation, I really f**kin do, gee bag is too soft a word to describe this dzope!

Yep! The new generation watching 'Friends' for the first time on netflix want it pulled: http://www.dailyedge.ie/friends-2-3799633-Jan2018/" rel="nofollow -

The sad thing is that it is probably true that if Friends was being made now, you would have that social diversity as part of the main cast and a lot of the jokes probably wouldn't have made it.

Star Wars VI/VII the perfect example of movies which were made in a way so not to piss off any of the snowflake generation, at the detriment to the story, in my opinion.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:25pm
Imagine the travesty of a world without Friends! It would have been unbearable!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm

I've a mate who has just launched a new business. He was advised to pay some of these "influencers" to use his company and promote it. This is a part of most marketing plans these days apparently.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:37pm
All ****s

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
Yer man is after banning all bloggers now after the backlash he received from some of them

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:51pm
In fairness, yer man Paul Stenson shares similar traits with these dopes. He purposely courts controversy in an effort to maximise publicity. Sometimes it is funny I will admit but usually it's a bit tiresome. Anyway, this "online spat" is more free marketing for his cafe/hotel and there's a decent chance that it was pre planned between the two of them. His sister Elaine is pretty tidy though. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

In fairness, yer man Paul Stenson shares similar traits with these dopes. He purposely courts controversy in an effort to maximise publicity. Sometimes it is funny I will admit but usually it's a bit tiresome. Anyway, this "online spat" is more free marketing for his cafe/hotel and there's a decent chance that it was pre planned between the two of them. His sister Elaine is pretty tidy though. 

Yeah but at least he's not trying to be a freeloading c**t doing it

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:13pm
He comes across as a **** still though. Tell her to f**k off, but don't try and cash in on it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:35pm
If yer wan was to make a video of her stay she'd make serious money off it from advertising. The hotel in turn will get feck all and a slim chance of a few guests in lieu of it. He's dead right.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He comes across as a **** still though. Tell her to f**k off, but don't try and cash in on it.

This

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
I was staying in Brooklodge with the missus a few months ago and she spotted some blogger staying there too. This blogger must have stood in the same spot for about 15 mins having her fella take pics of her posing from all different angles to get the perfect shot so she could upload it to her Instagram account. It was so cringey and so sad. 

Her fella is worse by the way for putting up with that sh1t. If my missus asked me to re-take a picture any more than once she'd be getting the phone handed back to here fairly sharpish and a swift kick in the baby maker for god measure

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:46pm

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I was staying in Brooklodge with the missus a few months ago and she spotted some blogger staying there too. This blogger must have stood in the same spot for about 15 mins having her fella take pics of her posing from all different angles to get the perfect shot so she could upload it to her Instagram account. It was so cringey and so sad. 

Her fella is worse by the way for putting up with that sh1t. If my missus asked me to re-take a picture any more than once she'd be getting the phone handed back to here fairly sharpish and a swift kick in the baby maker for god measure

-------------

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:40pm
Spoiled brat gets told she cant have everything for free.
A nothing story that she's no doubt going to profit from unfortunately.

It appears these vloggers are nothing more than lazy rich kids who simply want everything handed to them. Dress it up whatever way you like.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:51pm
If these 'social influencers' - ohh how I detest the term. Didn't actually make money from endorsements and promoting out products, then nobody would know about them.

But what they do works, and loads of business's use them and benefit from them. So what if she contacted this hotel, she probably contacted several other ones, it's a simple business deal. No thanks, or yes that sounds like a good idea.

Yer man from the hotel, knows full well what he was doing pretending to give a sh*t with his crappy public response.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:23pm
I was approached by one a few years back looking me to basically sponsor her . When i sent the quote i never even got a response . No interest in actually paying for what she wanted and when I checked her social media I seen her flaunting herself with someone in the same line of work. A mate of mine also told me that they recently tried to get one of these media whores to do some work with them . Her costings came in at 25k

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
I have been chatting to people about this phenomenon recently. Apparently, there are legitimate jobs in the area, whereby companies hire people to do this type of thing in order to promote the work of the company through collaboration with other companies and brands. 

Where it has broken down is that anybody can set themselves up as an "influencer" without a single qualification, or any track record. All they need is a smart phone.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:06pm
I never even heard of a "social influencer" until this week. Such utter sh*te

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:24am
I went down a rabbit hole of looking in to this sh*te last night. My god, humanity is at its lowest ebb. 'Vacuous' and 'vapid' are the two words that kept springing to mind. Tie it all in with that Logan Paul dickhead from the other week and I can safely say I'm done with 'civilisation'.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Yep same boat as you Wallsie Confused

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep same boat as you Wallsie Confused
I think the real title was "attention seeking coont" before it's new pc name

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I went down a rabbit hole of looking in to this sh*te last night. My god, humanity is at its lowest ebb. 'Vacuous' and 'vapid' are the two words that kept springing to mind. Tie it all in with that Logan Paul dickhead from the other week and I can safely say I'm done with 'civilisation'.
Parasites.

Living off other people's enterprise/initiative.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:34am

I suppose this sh1te has always existed in some form (restaurant reviewers, "celebs" opening shopping centres etc) but social media has made it an accessible to every halfwit in possession of a smart phone. 

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am that the internet has been a positive for humanity. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:36am

I suppose this sh1te has always existed in some form (restaurant reviewers, "celebs" opening shopping centres etc) but social media has made it an accessible to every halfwit in possession of a smart phone. 

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am that the internet has been a positive for humanity. 

The internet has been a positive, social media most definitely not.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Parasites.

Living off other people's enterprise/initiative.

That used to be just reserved for the management.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:40am

I heard wan of them briefly on the RTE radio news and I literally ran to the radio to switch it off when she said she'd Snapchatted when she was in labour.

A lot of people with sad lives supporting/subscribing/following these absolute sh*t for brains people.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I heard wan of them briefly on the RTE radio news and I literally ran to the radio to switch it off when she said she'd Snapchatted when she was in labour.

A lot of people with sad lives supporting/subscribing/following these absolute sh*t for brains people.
f**king hell!LOL

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:50am
Is there any difference between this and product placement on TV (with the exception of the little P in the top corner of the screen) ? 
Yeah, I think yer wan emailing the hotel is cheeky in the extreme but social media exists and if people are able to find a way to make money from it then part of me thinks "Fair play to them" even if they do  annoy me. 

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:05pm
The problem is that any industry which does not have some form of standards or regulation allows for spoofers and clowns to get involved. Terms like 'consultant' can range from a Doctor progressing in their career to a spoofed who claims to be versed in a sector and essentially qualified to give advice.

Social influencers are certainly not as bad as the people who self style as lawyers with no qualifications and get involved in other people's legal affairs, but there are plenty of spoofers in the industry.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The problem is that any industry which does not have some form of standards or regulation allows for spoofers and clowns to get involved. Terms like 'consultant' can range from a Doctor progressing in their career to a spoofed who claims to be versed in a sector and essentially qualified to give advice.

Social influencers are certainly not as bad as the people who self style as lawyers with no qualifications and get involved in other people's legal affairs, but there are plenty of spoofers in the industry.

Freemen on the land are the worst. Ignore them, completely. They are charlatans.

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Saw a poster today for a "Decluttering consultant".

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
I'd love to know how they get so many followers? Presumably at the very start they have nobody following them or only close friends and family. Before they get a critical mass of followers which can then lead to other people jumping on the bandwagon to follow them, how do they get people to decide that they are worth following? I mean what makes a person decide, "I'll follow this random stranger on the internet who I have never heard of so I can hear their opinions on restaurants, fashion, sports, whatever"?

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 1:49pm

I'd love to know how they get so many followers? Presumably at the very start they have nobody following them or only close friends and family. Before they get a critical mass of followers which can then lead to other people jumping on the bandwagon to follow them, how do they get people to decide that they are worth following? I mean what makes a person decide, "I'll follow this random stranger on the internet who I have never heard of so I can hear their opinions on restaurants, fashion, sports, whatever"?

I am sure they whore themselves around somehow. Media whores.

-------------

Posted By: sullo-bohs
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:09pm
There's a large amount of bots (or fake accounts) that pick up on key words they use and give automatic likes and follows, there is real people as well of course but it's not the true figure. 

-------------
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:22pm
Exactly. Those posts where names only are tagged are generally, but not always, bots tagging other bots.

You can buy followers. It's all nonsense and the place is stack full of fake profiles.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 4:58pm

What a mystery the internet is 

How is a radio show popular
how is a podcast popular 
How has someone on Twitter followers

Nope, no idea either

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:01pm
Is this just a lot of PC heads at it againl

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Did Brendan Howlin not approve or something FW ??

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

If I wanted to die a slow death for my past sins then I would be stuck in a lift with that irritating wannabe listening to her whine on and on and on and on and on.........
Get me a gun please!

If I was stuck in a lift with her, I'd be telling her not to speak with her mouth full.....

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What a mystery the internet is 

How is a radio show popular
how is a podcast popular 
How has someone on Twitter followers

Nope, no idea either

Ara f**k right off Hoskins LOL

There is only so many radio channels, I would imagine there are hundreds of thousands of "social influencers". If a radio station has a new show would an unknown personality presumably they would be advertising the show on their radio station. People might decide to give it a listen after hearing the ads. To my mind that is a lot different than some complete randomer on the internet starting a blog and then other random strangers who have never heard of that individual deciding to follow them. I'm at a loss as to how they get started. 

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Get me a gun please!

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
They both got the exposure they seek.

I'm worse for reading the article

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
The whole thing is a set up.

''This hotel in Clare had the perfect response to a bad review on Tripadvisor''

Fook off

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:27pm
See this has made the main bbc popular page

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:41am
There’s a page on instagram now called Bloggers Unveiled. It has basically been calling all the bloggers and social influencers out for editing pics and not stating if products are being promoted in exchange for money etc. The page is anonymous and it’s been active for a few months now. It’s brillint. They are receiving solicitors letters every day from different bloggers threatening to sue etc. It’s pathetic. If you’re on instagram and like the goss like myself, give them a follow. It’s eye opening. Some of them are absolute chancers. 

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:11am

I know a lad who would be considered an "influencer" and he occasionally goes to these product launches/ nightclub openings etc. He says it is the saddest thing in the world. A load of people standing around staring at their phones and not interacting with anyone else in any way. Then some PR chump will come over to them and hand them the product and the influencer will stick their phone on selfie video mode and come to life pretending that they are dancing around and having a mad time altogether for the benefit of their followers. Then after about a minute of that, they end the live feed or the video recording and go back to just standing around by themselves until it's time to go home. 

Another annoying trend occurs in the tech world. I used to work for a large US multinational online business. They used to heavily "encourage" staff to post videos on LinkedIn and other platforms outlining what an amazing time they are having in the office. This was an actual stat on my performance review as strange as that sounds. I was in a commercial role and my sales number only counted for 1/3 of my performance. The other two thirds were made up of how you contributed to overall company success and the various teams around you. It translated into having to behave like a member of Jim Jones' gang regarding the company in order to put yourself in the frame for any promotions. Similar to the above example, people would be jumping on a mini scooter and filming themselves going around the office woohooing and giving it a bit of "YEEEAAHHHH, LET'S GO UKI BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MAJOR ACCOUNT GROWTH TEAM!!! LET'S PARTY!!! WOOOOOOOOO" before sitting back down at their desk and making some cold calls to disinterested and sometimes actively hostile prospects. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:17am

I know a lad who would be considered an "influencer" and he occasionally goes to these product launches/ nightclub openings etc. He says it is the saddest thing in the world. A load of people standing around staring at their phones and not interacting with anyone else in any way. Then some PR chump will come over to them and hand them the product and the influencer will stick their phone on selfie video mode and come to life pretending that they are dancing around and having a mad time altogether for the benefit of their followers. Then after about a minute of that, they end the live feed or the video recording and go back to just standing around by themselves until it's time to go home. 

Another annoying trend occurs in the tech world. I used to work for a large US multinational online business. They used to heavily "encourage" staff to post videos on LinkedIn and other platforms outlining what an amazing time they are having in the office. This was an actual stat on my performance review as strange as that sounds. I was in a commercial role and my sales number only counted for 1/3 of my performance. The other two thirds were made up of how you contributed to overall company success and the various teams around you. It translated into having to behave like a member of Jim Jones' gang regarding the company in order to put yourself in the frame for any promotions. Similar to the above example, people would be jumping on a mini scooter and filming themselves going around the office woohooing and giving it a bit of "YEEEAAHHHH, LET'S GO UKI BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MAJOR ACCOUNT GROWTH TEAM!!! LET'S PARTY!!! WOOOOOOOOO" before sitting back down at their desk and making some cold calls to disinterested and sometimes actively hostile prospects. 

Sounds like my dream job

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:23am
Are they hiring? I think I would be good at that.

On a completely different matter, is it feasible to bring an assault rifle into work?

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:25am

On a completely different matter, is it feasible to bring an assault rifle into work?
LOLLOLLOL

Hang on a minute I will be back in a jiffy .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:30am

If I was younger when I started there Lassie, I might have been able to stomach it but I'm a bit too grizzled for that happy clappy sh1te. If you want me to sell the gear then simply give me the tools and tell me how much you want me to shift. Don't saddle me with a load of intangible social media based company promotion bollox forcing me to pretend that I'm loving every aspect of this poxy job. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:34am
Mc, the last paragraph of your post 😂😂

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:35am

Reminds me of the Peep Show scene where Mark talks about bringing the AK into work LOL

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
LOL
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Reminds me of the Peep Show scene where Mark talks about bringing the AK into work LOL

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

There’s a page on instagram now called Bloggers Unveiled. It has basically been calling all the bloggers and social influencers out for editing pics and not stating if products are being promoted in exchange for money etc. The page is anonymous and it’s been active for a few months now. It’s brillint. They are receiving solicitors letters every day from different bloggers threatening to sue etc. It’s pathetic. If you’re on instagram and like the goss like myself, give them a follow. It’s eye opening. Some of them are absolute chancers. 

Some of it's also not true, a girl I know got done by them but the allegations were 100% false. No convincing the page, unfollowed them then.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Some of it's also not true, a girl I know got done by them but the allegations were 100% false. No convincing the page, unfollowed them then.

What was the general jist of the story 🤔 

Some of it may be untrue but some of the stuff that’s come out is outrageous!!

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What was the general jist of the story 🤔 

Some of it may be untrue but some of the stuff that’s come out is outrageous!!

That she had gotten hair extensions from a salon when she hadn't.

Some of it is alright, she's gotten a bit vicious for my liking though, just bullying people now. The other one, fitfam failures, has started picking on kids as well which ain't too sound.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:17pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:22pm
Hitler was a social influencer. Had millions of followers.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm
the one where she got extensions but didn’t pay???😮😮

The fitfam page is a bit much, I agree with you on that! 

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:42pm

the one where she got extensions but didn’t pay???😮😮

The fitfam page is a bit much, I agree with you on that! 

Nope, different girl!

Least it's bringing some knowledge about what goes on, the seatbelt thing in particular and taking videos while driving badly needed to be called out.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:47pm
ah okay. That’s the only hair extension one I’m aware of and I was delighted to see her caught out!

The seatbelt thing and snapping while driving is probably the best thing to come out of it. Brain dead people!!

I think it’s the beginning of the end for social influencers in Ireland now though. The companies are dropping them life flies now as no one trusts their reviews once they know they’re paid posts. 

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 4:04pm
Not really in to the whole antisocial media thing myself (unless you count YBIG and Whatsapp) but I just cannot fathom how anybody follows these so called 'Influencers'.

I had the misfortune to be in the company of Pippa O'Connor for a meal a few years back and when the conversation at the table wasn't involving, or about, her, she had her face stuck in her phone or she would be taking selfies of herself and her dopey fella.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:10am

The missus was telling me about this last night. Supposedly they've uncovered the person who it is and it's some mentalist bogger woman now claiming it's not her and has gone to the papers etc. Supposedly she'd received death threats about it all. Seems a bit mad. According to the missus this bogger wan has been a "professional troll" as she describes herself, for the past 10years.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net